Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 266
  1. #41
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Earth
    Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    I'm not sure how I missed this but I did not realize that the Continental Tire Bowl, Meineke Car Care Bowl, and Belk Bowl were the same bowl. I'd have told you the first two were still going (separately). Anyways, the Duke's Mayo Bowl is definitely the best option for me in terms of date and location but that will probably be tough if we are 3rd at best in the pecking order and nobody makes the playoffs.
    It's possible if the former HOF Bowl takes an ACC team, meaning ND if they can. You can put the ACC teams into 2 tiers at this point.

    Tier 1: Clemson, ND, UNC. I think you can assume ND will go 8-4 since they still have BC/@USC left.
    Tier 2: Everybody else with 6 wins today.

    FSU might be the exception, particularly at 9-3. I feel pretty confident FSU is going to get a Florida bowl game. It benefits the ACC in terms of attendance and perception, and I'll argue they would beat UNC in Chapel Hill right now. Sagarin has Clemson #14, ND #15, FSU #16, and UNC #36.

    Orange/Miami - Clemson or UNC by rule.
    Tampa (nee Outback/HOF) - No ACC team, ND, or FSU. Expect no ACC team.
    Orlando - FSU, ND, and UNC. FSU has not been here recently. ND has been here twice recently.
    That leaves Jacksonville, Charlotte, etc., and it's anybody's guess there. A surging Duke team would be better than slumping NCSU and Wake teams for Charlotte, but we really needed another 3,000 Duke fans at the game yesterday.
    Last edited by duke2x; 11-13-2022 at 05:20 PM.

  2. #42
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by duke2x View Post
    It's possible if the former HOF Bowl takes an ACC team, meaning ND if they can. You can put the ACC teams into 2 tiers at this point.

    Tier 1: Clemson, ND, UNC. I think you can assume ND will go 8-4 since they still have BC/@USC left.
    Tier 2: Everybody else with 6 wins today.

    FSU might be the exception, particularly at 9-3. I feel pretty confident FSU is going to get a Florida bowl game. It benefits the ACC in terms of attendance and perception, and I'll argue they would beat UNC in Chapel Hill right now. Sagarin has Clemson #14, ND #15, FSU #16, and UNC #36.

    Orange/Miami - Clemson or UNC by rule.
    Tampa (nee Outback/HOF) - No ACC team, ND, or FSU. Expect no ACC team.
    Orlando - FSU, ND, and UNC. FSU has not been here recently. ND has been here twice recently.
    That leaves Jacksonville, Charlotte, etc., and it's anybody's guess there. A surging Duke team would be better than slumping NCSU and Wake teams for Charlotte, but we really needed another 3,000 Duke fans at the game yesterday.
    Sad part is, when we get to the final game and bowl committees are visiting we will be hosting Wake in a nearly-empty Wally Wade. Thanksgiving makes for even worse attendance.
    “Bob says run! Bob says run! Bob says run!”

    {good pick-up after handoff}

    “Bob was right! Bob was right! Bob was right!”

  3. #43
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Norfolk, VA
    Jerry Palm projects Duke vs Minnesota in the Pinstripe Bowl.

    https://www.cbssports.com/college-fo...s/predictions/
    Bob Green

  4. #44
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Sad part is, when we get to the final game and bowl committees are visiting we will be hosting Wake in a nearly-empty Wally Wade. Thanksgiving makes for even worse attendance.
    I've got no doubt that any committee would be well aware of the date and the impact on the crowd. They will also look at Duke's recent bowl history, and they'll be aware that our fans showed up.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

  5. #45
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    Jerry Palm projects Duke vs Minnesota in the Pinstripe Bowl.

    https://www.cbssports.com/college-fo...s/predictions/
    Sounds cold.
    "This is the best of all possible worlds."
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

  6. #46
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Norfolk, VA
    Quote Originally Posted by chrishoke View Post
    Sounds cold.
    Exactly why we need to beat Pitt on Saturday.
    Bob Green

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Sad part is, when we get to the final game and bowl committees are visiting we will be hosting Wake in a nearly-empty Wally Wade. Thanksgiving makes for even worse attendance.
    If I'd been Elko's agent, I'd have demanded that Duke simply never host a game during Thanksgiving week. With a small school, very small local alums, and few students with parents in the area....Duke should figure a way to never do this again.

  8. #48
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Earth
    Quote Originally Posted by HereBeforeCoachK View Post
    If I'd been Elko's agent, I'd have demanded that Duke simply never host a game during Thanksgiving week. With a small school, very small local alums, and few students with parents in the area...Duke should figure a way to never do this again.
    2018, 2019, 2021, 2022. Next year will be Pitt or Wake at home. The away ACC games are all rivalries that won't move at Duke's request.

  9. #49
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by HereBeforeCoachK View Post
    If I'd been Elko's agent, I'd have demanded that Duke simply never host a game during Thanksgiving week. With a small school, very small local alums, and few students with parents in the area...Duke should figure a way to never do this again.
    I'd rather play our last game in Wallace Wade in front of fewer fans than away vs a hostile crowd. There are way more advantages to playing at home than just the fans in the stands. Travel free, familiar locker room, familiar field, and while maybe smaller, the folks that do show up are cheering for you.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

  10. #50
    College Football News latest projection: Duke/Oregon State in El Paso

    Action Network/McMurphy latest projection: Duke/Minnesota in NYC (w/ Minn an 11 pt favorite) -- https://www.actionnetwork.com/ncaaf/...=BrettMcMurphy

  11. #51
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Vermont
    Quote Originally Posted by Reilly View Post
    College Football News latest projection: Duke/Oregon State in El Paso

    Action Network/McMurphy latest projection: Duke/Minnesota in NYC (w/ Minn an 11 pt favorite) -- https://www.actionnetwork.com/ncaaf/...=BrettMcMurphy
    I believe that is the old Week 10 update. There should be a new update today, which may or may not change things. (college football news)

  12. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Sad part is, when we get to the final game and bowl committees are visiting we will be hosting Wake in a nearly-empty Wally Wade. Thanksgiving makes for even worse attendance.
    I'm taking my kids and nephew to it, just to support the team. I think its a noon game and it will probably be a ghost town, but I'm down to support the team strictly for the season they've had. If they beat Wake as well, then thats great too. I just can't envision how that team is going to either lose 5 straight or 4 of the last 5 (depending on how they play against Syracuse)

  13. #53
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Richmond, Va

    Duke/KU line

    wrong thread...
    Last edited by duketaylor; 11-14-2022 at 11:39 AM. Reason: goofed

  14. #54
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by HoKogan View Post
    I'm taking my kids and nephew to it, just to support the team. I think its a noon game and it will probably be a ghost town, but I'm down to support the team strictly for the season they've had. If they beat Wake as well, then thats great too. I just can't envision how that team is going to either lose 5 straight or 4 of the last 5 (depending on how they play against Syracuse)
    Of course we don't know the time yet (noon won't surprise me given Wake's collapse into irrelevance) but we'll be there on Blue Devil Alley tailgating just as we've done all season. You (and anyone else) is welcome to join us.
    I promise, the menu will not have anything that was on your Thanksgiving table!
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

  15. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    I believe that is the old Week 10 update. There should be a new update today, which may or may not change things. (college football news)
    Hmm ... not seeing anything on College Football News itself ... I had gotten it from Yahoo -- which is showing a "Week 11" headline and a Monday, Nov 14 2:06 AM posting time ...

  16. #56
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Earth
    Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Of course we don't know the time yet (noon won't surprise me given Wake's collapse into irrelevance) but we'll be there on Blue Devil Alley tailgating just as we've done all season. You (and anyone else) is welcome to join us.
    I promise, the menu will not have anything that was on your Thanksgiving table!
    It's getting too far OT, but when the release is this late, there's almost always an 6 day option. We should prepare for noon with network TBD because OSU-MI is a noon game on Fox. Duke almost always plays at the same time as that's the one non-Duke game I want to see every year.

  17. #57
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Vermont
    Quote Originally Posted by Reilly View Post
    Hmm ... not seeing anything on College Football News itself ... I had gotten it from Yahoo -- which is showing a "Week 11" headline and a Monday, Nov 14 2:06 AM posting time ...
    https://collegefootballnews.com/2022...s-week-11-2022

    yes, CFN was slow getting it up, but it looks like the same week 11 projection, not sure how Yahoo got it first...(it wasn't up this morning when I looked, now it is).

  18. #58
    Sports Illustrated projects Tulane/Duke in Birmingham: https://www.si.com/college/2022/11/1...pac-12-carnage

  19. #59
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by Reilly View Post
    Sports Illustrated projects Tulane/Duke in Birmingham: https://www.si.com/college/2022/11/1...pac-12-carnage
    Happy to be going bowling at all in year 1, but I would really like a P5 bowl opponent.
       

  20. #60
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Santa Cruz CA
    Quote Originally Posted by Reilly View Post
    Sports Illustrated projects Tulane/Duke in Birmingham: https://www.si.com/college/2022/11/1...pac-12-carnage
    They also have the cheats in the Orange Bowl instead of Clemson. I don't think either one of these will come true, but there's a lot of things that can happen in the next three weeks. There is one bowl predictor site that actually has Clemson making it back into the CFP, which would require quite a number of games to fall a certain way.

Similar Threads

  1. 2014 Bowl Selection Vigil
    By Reilly in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 486
    Last Post: 12-07-2014, 06:22 PM
  2. Info on Injuries and bowl selection drama?
    By budwom in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 12-10-2013, 07:10 PM
  3. The 2013 Bowl Selection Vigil
    By wilson in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 677
    Last Post: 12-08-2013, 11:04 PM
  4. The Bowl Selection Vigil
    By OZZIE4DUKE in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 418
    Last Post: 12-02-2012, 10:25 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •