Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 568
  1. #61
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven43 View Post
    Haha ďWas ready to cause mayhemĒ. 😂
    I take my Krispy Kreme doughnuts more seriously than Charles Barkley.

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Mount Kisco, NY
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven43 View Post
    Oh boy, the mattress salesman story. Not a proud moment in my life. But I’ve told several bizarre stories about myself on here, so what’s one more?
    Keep 'em coming. As someone who is certainly a lover not a fighter, I am always interested in the men in the arena. I always worry that someone's packing heat.

    Quote Originally Posted by flyingdutchdevil View Post
    It's tough to find a "Big 3" that complement each other so well.
    I'd say it is the brilliance of Trajan Langdon. It is kind of amazing that in the wake of JJ being shipped out and trashing the front office, and the Stan Van Gundy debacle, the Pelicans have certainly turned it around. It is amazing what a healthy Zion can do. The McCollum deal was also huge, and they have really drafted well recently.

    As a complete aside, I have seen Arizona's Benedict Mathurin play with the Pacers a few times and the guy is gonna be a STAR baby.

    OKC played 12 guys last night. In the toilet bowl between the Spurs and Hornets, the Spurs played 13 and the Hornets played 15. That's almost every player to suit up.

    Not a great look for the big buzz Nuggets to get stomped by the tanking Jazz on opening night. Danny Ainge must be freaking out.
    Last edited by Billy Dat; 10-20-2022 at 04:38 PM.

  3. #63
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Dat View Post



    I'd say it is the brilliance of Trajan Langdon. It is kind of amazing that in the wake of JJ being shipped out and trashing the front office, and the Stan Van Gundy debacle, the Pelicans have certainly turned it around. It is amazing what a healthy Zion can do. The McCollum deal was also huge, and they have really drafted well recently.
    I like to think that JJís public criticism of the Pelicanís front office is paying dividends for current and future Dukies that end up in NOLA.

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Hot'Lanta... home of the Falcons!
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Dat View Post
    Not a great look for the big buzz Nuggets to get stomped by the tanking Jazz on opening night. Danny Ainge must be freaking out.
    Must see tweet...
    https://twitter.com/THE_TERMIN80R/st...08672958611456
    I don't know what you are doing right now, but if you aren't listening to the DBR Podcast, you're doing it wrong.

  5. #65
    Did anybody watch the New Orleans vs Brooklyn game last night? Was that a bit of a shocker or what? The Pelicans absolutely dismantled the Nets from start to finish, and it was in Brooklyn. Thatís a WOW.

    Durant played. Irving played. Simmons played. All of their big 3 were present and accounted for. Yes, itís only one game, but I think this thing could go south in a real hurry.

    Steve Nash had already been severely undermined before even coaching a game by the ill-advised comments of consistently-putting-his-foot-in-his-mouth Kyrie Irving when he said the Nets donít even need a head coach. Itís difficult to forget about a comment like that. Then during the off-season Kevin Durant essentially called for Nashís firing. Additionally, there were all the critics who questioned the hiring in the first place saying that Nash had never coached a game and was completely unproven. The Nets players absolutely might use Nash as the fall-guy for their poor play.

    Never a dull moment with this circus of a team!

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Durham, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven43 View Post
    Durant played. Irving played. Simmons played. All of their big 3 were present and accounted for.
    The only reply needed to that:

    Rusty Horseshoe.jpg

  7. #67
    Quote Originally Posted by Phredd3 View Post
    The only reply needed to that:

    Rusty Horseshoe.jpg
    That seems like it should be funny, but Iím failing to understand the joke. Care to enlighten? Thanks.

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Durham, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven43 View Post
    That seems like it should be funny, but Iím failing to understand the joke. Care to enlighten? Thanks.
    They were hoping he would be their lucky charm after last year's mess, but it is very clear that his play is beyond rusty. He actively hurt the team last night, rather than made it a smoother ride.

  9. #69
    Quote Originally Posted by Phredd3 View Post
    They were hoping he would be their lucky charm after last year's mess, but it is very clear that his play is beyond rusty. He actively hurt the team last night, rather than made it a smoother ride.
    Ahhh, yes. Now it makes sense, thanks.

  10. KD, Kyrie and Harden all already tried to get Nash fired last year, before the bad playoff results came. Is that scapegoating or identifying problems?

    Nash is Marks' man and both have Tsai's backing so it looks like it is what it is for the Nets.

    Simmons was horribly utilized tho. Basically just doing a hand off to Kyrie at the top of the key and then disappears. Every play. Really? That's the best scheming Nash can do?

  11. #71
    Quote Originally Posted by ice-9 View Post
    KD, Kyrie and Harden all already tried to get Nash fired last year, before the bad playoff results came. Is that scapegoating or identifying problems?

    Nash is Marks' man and both have Tsai's backing so it looks like it is what it is for the Nets.

    Simmons was horribly utilized tho. Basically just doing a hand off to Kyrie at the top of the key and then disappears. Every play. Really? That's the best scheming Nash can do?
    I hear yaí, Ice, but Steve Nash is one of the greatest players in the history of basketball. On top of that he was a PG, the quarterback of the team. If anybody understands NBA offense itís Steve Nash.

    I think the problem is the players, not the coach. This might be the biggest collection of malcontents that has ever been on one team. Thank goodness they got rid of clown prince Harden.

  12. #72
    Quote Originally Posted by ice-9 View Post
    KD, Kyrie and Harden all already tried to get Nash fired last year, before the bad playoff results came. Is that scapegoating or identifying problems?

    Nash is Marks' man and both have Tsai's backing so it looks like it is what it is for the Nets.

    Simmons was horribly utilized tho. Basically just doing a hand off to Kyrie at the top of the key and then disappears. Every play. Really? That's the best scheming Nash can do?
    At this point I agree with you. Nash has to be under the microscope. It canít all be about how horrible Kyrie, Simmons, and other players might be.

  13. #73
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven43 View Post
    I hear ya’, Ice, but Steve Nash is one of the greatest players in the history of basketball. On top of that he was a PG, the quarterback of the team. If anybody understands NBA offense it’s Steve Nash.

    I think the problem is the players, not the coach. This might be the biggest collection of malcontents that has ever been on one team. Thank goodness they got rid of clown prince Harden.
    That may all be true about the players but that doesn’t mean that Steve Nash is blameless. The players may be terrible malcontents AND Nash might also be a terrible head coach. Both things could be true at the same time.

  14. #74
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDukie View Post
    That may all be true about the players but that doesnít mean that Steve Nash is blameless. The players may be terrible malcontents AND Nash might also be a terrible head coach. Both things could be true at the same time.
    Sure, both things could be true. But we KNOW with 100% certainty that the malcontent aspect is unquestionably correct. So thereís that.

    But yeah, Nash is unproven as a coach. That is a fact. He has many of the things that should make him a great coach ó superior intelligence, great communicator, high-level understanding of how to play the game, etc. ó but perhaps heís missing something important that good coaches have. It could simply be an issue of experience. We know he lacks that.

  15. #75
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven43 View Post
    SD, I was really disappointed the Krispy Kreme story didnít actually happen. When I first started reading your comment I was like ďYes! Iím not the only unhinged maniac on DBR!Ē But alasÖ..
    Though that may be one of the only personal anecdotes posted to involve some violence and a mattress salesman, S43, Iím beyond very confident that you are not the only unhinged maniac posting on this board. Kisses!

  16. #76
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven43 View Post
    I hear yaí, Ice, but Steve Nash is one of the greatest players in the history of basketball. On top of that he was a PG, the quarterback of the team. If anybody understands NBA offense itís Steve Nash.

    I think the problem is the players, not the coach. This might be the biggest collection of malcontents that has ever been on one team. Thank goodness they got rid of clown prince Harden.
    This reminds me of the narrative about LeBron James being a bad GM. It's a different skillset. Nash can be a top tier player and wildly intelligent without being a decent coach. Lebron's blindness in finding teammates doesn't make him any less of a talent (best ever, in my opinion).

  17. #77
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Durham, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven43 View Post

    But yeah, Nash is unproven as a coach. That is a fact. He has many of the things that should make him a great coach ó superior intelligence, great communicator, high-level understanding of how to play the game, etc. ó but perhaps heís missing something important that good coaches have. It could simply be an issue of experience. We know he lacks that.
    Well he did have the Nets within Durant's big toe of beating Milwaukee the year the Bucks won. So his coaching couldn't have been that bad.

  18. #78
    Russell Westbrook with two big steals in a row on important possessions. Heís still a very good athlete even though heís not close to being a great basketball player anymore.

  19. #79
    Quote Originally Posted by howardlander View Post
    Well he did have the Nets within Durant's big toe of beating Milwaukee the year the Bucks won. So his coaching couldn't have been that bad.
    I agree. And I didnít suggest his coaching has been bad.

    I donít think anyone could successfully coach this Island of Misfit Toys.

  20. #80
    The Lakers cannot shoot... Westbrook 0-11 from the field (0-6 from 3)tonight... as a team, they are 19 of 84 on the season from 3.

Similar Threads

  1. Duke Blue Devils -- 2022 ACC Regular Season MBB Champions
    By roywhite in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-02-2022, 09:52 PM
  2. 2020-21 NBA Regular Season Thread
    By Troublemaker in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 226
    Last Post: 04-21-2021, 09:38 AM
  3. 2019-2020 NBA Regular Season Thread
    By JasonEvans in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 406
    Last Post: 09-16-2020, 04:57 PM
  4. NBA Regular season thread 2019
    By JasonEvans in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 418
    Last Post: 03-12-2019, 09:07 PM
  5. ACC Regular Season Title Thread
    By uh_no in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 02-18-2016, 12:49 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •