Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kidA View Post
    Though that may be one of the only personal anecdotes posted to involve some violence and a mattress salesman, S43, I’m beyond very confident that you are not the only unhinged maniac posting on this board. Kisses!
    Okay, that’s reassuring, kidA, thanks.

I’ve honestly been a bit wary of going into mattress stores since that infamous day when I was forced to go to the mattresses with the mattress salesman. That kind of thing can leave psychological scars, you know?

Well, the Yankees lost again and the Battle of LA is over, so it’s time to hit the hay. Actually, it’s a mattress. 😳

Quote Originally Posted by subzero02 View Post
    The Lakers cannot shoot... Westbrook 0-11 from the field (0-6 from 3)tonight... as a team, they are 19 of 84 on the season from 3.
    10 of 40 from 3 last night. Hard to imagine but even worse tonight - 9 of 45. They just don’t have any wings or any real shooters. The Clipper roster was just so obviously more skilled and diverse with guys who provide things that are necessary to win in the modern NBA. The Lakers look like a team that is going to struggle to make the playoffs.

Why is nobody mentioning Cool Hand Luke Kennard 2021-22 NBA 3 pt % champion. 24 minutes 11 points 3 for 3 3 point totals. Rodney Hood either retired or got waived by the Clippers.
    https://www.espn.com/nba/boxscore/_/gameId/401468171

Quote Originally Posted by heyman25 View Post
    Why is nobody mentioning Cool Hand Luke Kennard 2021-22 NBA 3 pt % champion. 24 minutes 11 points 3 for 3 3 point totals. Rodney Hood either retired or got waived by the Clippers.
    https://www.espn.com/nba/boxscore/_/gameId/401468171
    And with the game tight down the stretch, Luke was on the floor for the Clips. Kennard doesn’t start, but he finishes.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Steven43 View Post
    I hear ya’, Ice, but Steve Nash is one of the greatest players in the history of basketball. On top of that he was a PG, the quarterback of the team. If anybody understands NBA offense it’s Steve Nash.

I think the problem is the players, not the coach. This might be the biggest collection of malcontents that has ever been on one team. Thank goodness they got rid of clown prince Harden.
    Well Jordan is the GOAT so that must mean he understands how to evaluate talent right? So he's a great GM?

Must be true for LeGM as well right?

I do actually believe Nash will make a good coach one day, similar to how it took Kidd many years to be where he is now. Or Coach K the first few years at Duke.

But it does not seem like Nash is ready for right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven43 View Post
    Was the acquisition of Kevin Love a resounding success? From what I remember he didn’t fit in particularly well with the team. I even vaguely recall James showing significant displeasure with Love and basically ostracizing him. I admit my memory on this could be faulty, though. And since James left Cleveland Love has been average at best, hasn’t he?

As for Klutch, why would James bend over backwards to try and acquire players who are represented by them? He doesn’t own Klutch. How does he directly benefit from the Lakers having Klutch players on the roster? I’m not challenging your assertion, I’m honestly just curious. Thanks.
    Regarding Love, the Cavaliers went to the NBA Finals in 4 straight seasons with Love. He was an All-Star in the last two of those runs, in 2016-17 and 2017-18. I would say that was a pretty successful run by all accounts. I wonder if people would feel differently about Love and LeBron had the Cavs not been so beset by injuries in the 2015 Finals. Without Love and mostly without Kyrie, the Cavs still won 2 games.

Starting in 2018-19, Love has dealt with a lot of physical and mental health issues. He played in 25 or less games in both 2018-19 and 2020-21. Now he comes off the bench behind a pair of young but talented players in Jarret Allen and Evan Mobley. Love has played in 14 seasons and has been a 5-time All-Star. His numbers after joining LeBron and the Cavs took a dip, but he was still highly effective. Chris Bosh had the same thing happen in his career. Both are borderline Hall of Famers that might not make it due to injuries. I think Bosh was the better overall player but Love was no slouch.

The Lakers cannot shoot... Westbrook 0-11 from the field (0-6 from 3)tonight... as a team, they are 19 of 84 on the season from 3.
    No way Westbrook is still on that team in February.

19/85 from 3? That high, huh (not trying to be sarcastic)? With Westbrook (1/9), Davis (2/7), Lonnie Walker (2/12), and Beverly (2/11), I would have though the team's 3pt shooting would have been worse. But Lebron is 5/18 is basically the only player "propping" up the 3pt shooting.

Gonna be loooooong year for the Lakers. I love that.
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club

Quote Originally Posted by Matches View Post
    No way Westbrook is still on that team in February.
    Takes two to tango. Who the hell wants Westbrook on their team?

Clearly none of the contenders. And the tankers don't want a player eating into their future starters' minutes. So...middling teams who need to sell tickets? Does Westbrook even sell tickets anymore?

I guess the only way to accept Westbrook is to get those two first rounders from the Lakers. And the Lakers aren't getting rid of those first rounders.
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by flyingdutchdevil View Post

Clearly none of the contenders. And the tankers don't want a player eating into their future starters' minutes. So...middling teams who need to sell tickets? Does Westbrook even sell tickets anymore?

I guess the only way to accept Westbrook is to get those two first rounders from the Lakers. And the Lakers aren't getting rid of those first rounders.
    If the current course continues, the Lakers will figure out a way to buy him out. It’s approaching the point where they’d be better off subtracting him even if there’s no return at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Matches View Post
    If the current course continues, the Lakers will figure out a way to buy him out. It’s approaching the point where they’d be better off subtracting him even if there’s no return at all.
    The buy out will be interesting, because Westbrook will not take a discount. So the Lakers will pay Westbrook $40M+ to walk away.

LeGM (my new favorite term. Props to whoever came up with that!) and Pelinka really screwed over the Lakers with that move.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBenAkiva View Post
    Regarding Love, the Cavaliers went to the NBA Finals in 4 straight seasons with Love. He was an All-Star in the last two of those runs, in 2016-17 and 2017-18. I would say that was a pretty successful run by all accounts. I wonder if people would feel differently about Love and LeBron had the Cavs not been so beset by injuries in the 2015 Finals. Without Love and mostly without Kyrie, the Cavs still won 2 games.

Starting in 2018-19, Love has dealt with a lot of physical and mental health issues. He played in 25 or less games in both 2018-19 and 2020-21. Now he comes off the bench behind a pair of young but talented players in Jarret Allen and Evan Mobley. Love has played in 14 seasons and has been a 5-time All-Star. His numbers after joining LeBron and the Cavs took a dip, but he was still highly effective. Chris Bosh had the same thing happen in his career. Both are borderline Hall of Famers that might not make it due to injuries. I think Bosh was the better overall player but Love was no slouch.
    Great comparison between Bosh and Love. Their overall numbers are very, very close, as are championships and other metrics. I do think I'd take peak Love over peak Bosh, and I think overall Love was a slightly better player. Mainly because of the rebounding -- he not only scored but was a beast on the boards for a lotta years. Plus he was one of the two greatest outlet passers I've ever seen, with Bill Walton being the other.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBenAkiva View Post

By default in a terrible Eastern conference

The MVP race started tonight. Ja Morant had 49 points for Memphis in their 129-122 win over Houston. He played 31 minutes. I saw the last 5 minutes of this game and he didn't seem particularly interested in reaching 50.

Meanwhile, Pascal Siakam of Toronto had the first triple-double of the season: 37 points, 12 rebounds, 11 assists. But the Raptors lost to the Nets 109-105, who were led by Kyrie Irving (30 points) and Kevin Durant (27).

Quote Originally Posted by brevity View Post
    The MVP race started tonight. Ja Morant had 49 points for Memphis in their 129-122 win over Houston. He played 31 minutes. I saw the last 5 minutes of this game and he didn't seem particularly interested in reaching 50.

Meanwhile, Pascal Siakam of Toronto had the first triple-double of the season: 37 points, 12 rebounds, 11 assists. But the Raptors lost to the Nets 109-105, who were led by Kyrie Irving (30 points) and Kevin Durant (27).
    Is it possible Zion was the wrong pick at #1?

Quote Originally Posted by mr. synellinden View Post
    Is it possible Zion was the wrong pick at #1?
    Possible, certainly. But only if Zion continues to have significant injury issues. At his peak Zion is a more valuable player than Morant and has a higher ceiling.

Draymond Green just committed a reckless foul against Nikola Jokić. This was a dangerous play that could have cost Jokić the entire season or even more.

I hate when Green does crap like this.

Possible, certainly. But only if Zion continues to have significant injury issues. At his peak Zion is a more valuable player than Morant and has a higher ceiling.
    Gee - I don’t know. I mean, would you say that if Zion went to Clemson? Morant’s ceiling might be higher than the roof. 😉 This feels like it could be analogous to Dominique and Jordan. Morant also does things I’m not sure we’ve seen anyone else do before. I just don’t know that it’s clear that at their respective leaks Zion is more valuable than Morant.

Draymond Green just committed a reckless foul against Nikola Jokić. This was a dangerous play that could have cost Jokić the entire season or even more.

I hate when Green does crap like this.
    Disagree with you. And I’m no Draymond fan. But he didn’t do anything malicious or intentional on that play w Jokic, and he immediately ran over to the big fella to make sure he was ok and apologize.

Quote Originally Posted by flyingdutchdevil View Post

As of today, no one wants Russ. But tomorrow is another day.

Specifically, a tomorrow wherein some middling team whose management and coaching staff needs a playoff appearance to keep their jobs. There are some teams who won't be able to tank for Wemby. Nor are they title teams. But they need to make the playoffs. And are probably on that trajectory. Until a starter goes down via injury.

At which point, Russ dragging some team into the playoffs playing hero ball won't be that upsetting. IDK what they'd give up for him, but I'd imagine some 3 team deals would suffice.