Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Lakers roster is trash

Quote Originally Posted by kshepinthehouse View Post
    Lakers roster is trash
    LeBron still chasing Michael, this time as the most wretched GM?

-jk

Best thing about the NBA... Charles Barkley's work on TNT: https://twitter.com/JasonDukeEvans/s...27524433694721
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

My morning ritual returns again.

http://huckleberry.mhu.edu/devilStats.html

Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post
    LeBron still chasing Michael, this time as the most wretched GM?

-jk
    I strongly believe Lebron the GM has cost Lebron the player at least one championship.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBenAkiva View Post

Thanks for the reminder.
    "This is the best of all possible worlds."
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

Quote Originally Posted by kshepinthehouse View Post
    I strongly believe Lebron the GM has cost Lebron the player at least one championship.
    And I strongly believe he's the best all round player in the history of the sport.

I personally don't blame LeBron for trying to pull the strings of player management - you can make an ask of anything no matter how absurd.

But I do blame the Lakers for giving him so much leeway. I understand you want to keep a talent like him happy, but giving him the keys to the whole shebang is pretty ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    And I strongly believe he's the best all round player in the history of the sport.

I personally don't blame LeBron for trying to pull the strings of player management - you can make an ask of anything no matter how absurd.

But I do blame the Lakers for giving him so much leeway. I understand you want to keep a talent like him happy, but giving him the keys to the whole shebang is pretty ridiculous.
    This. Lebron has wisely leveraged his stardom to gain a prominent voice in the management of the various places he’d played.

He has, however, not used that leverage wisely.

Quote Originally Posted by Matches View Post
    This. Lebron has wisely leveraged his stardom to gain a prominent voice in the management of the various places he’d played.

I understand those people who claim his failures in the HR Department leave a smear on his greatness as a player, I just vehemently disagree.

Him passing Kareem in points this season will be an opportunity to celebrate the best basketball player of all time.

Quote Originally Posted by Matches View Post

LeBron played in the following NBA Finals:

It wasn't until 2011 and "The Decision" that he started taking an active role in assembling the roster around him. From then on, he played in 9 of the next 10 NBA Finals. I don't know, I think he has done alright. I don't know what the standard is - 6 titles in 8 years? - but it's pretty darn high if that is not leveraging his stardom wisely.

11. I watched the Nets preseason against the Bucks and Wolves. They look really good. The Bucks were seriously trying to win that game. Nets will contend for a title this season.

Quote Originally Posted by ice-9 View Post
    I watched the Nets preseason against the Bucks and Wolves. They look really good. The Bucks were seriously trying to win that game. Nets will contend for a title this season.
    I'll believe it when I see it. The only way they contend is if Simmons becomes an even better version of himself from 2+ years ago. He doesn't have to hit 80% of this FTs (LOL that I even wrote that), or become a solid 3-point threat. But he does have to be just as dominant as he was defensively and in creating easy looks for his teammates. If he can do that again, they might have a chance barring no injuries (which is probably a 'spitting in the wind' expectation).

Great opening night for the Celtics, but they can't contend in the East without a healthy Robert Williams. Of that I'm positive in spite of the nice win yesterday.

The Lakers looked exactly as most thought they would - really average. They will not be a threat in the West.

Hoping Zion can play well tonight (says he's definitely playing) and stay healthy this season. Kind of a must for him if he's to silence any doubts about long-term availability and star power in the league.

Quote Originally Posted by ice-9 View Post
    I watched the Nets preseason against the Bucks and Wolves. They look really good. The Bucks were seriously trying to win that game. Nets will contend for a title this season.
    Wait, did you say “preseason”?? 😉

YES!!! Thanks for posting the link!!!

LeBron played in the following NBA Finals:

It wasn't until 2011 and "The Decision" that he started taking an active role in assembling the roster around him. From then on, he played in 9 of the next 10 NBA Finals. I don't know, I think he has done alright. I don't know what the standard is - 6 titles in 8 years? - but it's pretty darn high if that is not leveraging his stardom wisely.
    Probably some recency bias going on here but it does feel like the meddling has amplified since he came to LA. That roster is rather full of Klutch clients.

There are two forms of Lebron’s involvement:

1 is joining up with other superstars. Even pushing for trades for guys like Kevin Love and AD. Those have been a resounding success.

The other is what I think has been amplified in recent years and that’s the pushing for deals for Klutch guys rather than team fit. I think that’s mostly what people are reacting to. Lebron says they don’t have shooting - well, you built the roster buddy!
    Last edited by DukieTiger; 10-19-2022 at 12:44 PM. Reason: Corrected typo

Quote Originally Posted by DukieTiger View Post
    Probably some recency bias going on here but it does feel like the meddling has amplified since he came to LA. That roster is rather full of Klutch clients.

1 is joining up with other superstars. Even pushing for trades for guys like Kevin Love and AD. Those have been a resounding success.

The other is what I think has been amplified in recent years and that’s the pushing for deals for Klutch guys rather than team fit. I think that’s mostly what people are reacting to. Lebron says they don’t have shooting - well, you built the roster buddy!
    I'm not saying LeBron is above reproach. I just want to add some perspective to the discussion. He's about to be 38 years old. If this was his team and roster in 2015, then yeah, what a massive blunder to waste his own talents like that. I think LeBron decided he wanted to play out his career in LA, make movies, raise his kids, and prepare for the next stage of his life and career. He won a title in LA (or Orlando, but you know what I mean). I don't think anything he does now is going to take away from what he was and what he did. He's still a heck of a player, one of the 10 or so best in the game. That alone is an achievement. But his life as the unquestioned most talented player in the game is over. It's clear that other stud players, besides AD, do not want to share the court with him. It's all old guys. The next group of superstars want to form their own legacies. The Lakers aren't in the position to draft their next centerpiece just yet. This is the slow ending of his career as the Warriors, 76ers, Nuggets, Celtics, Bucks, etc. own the NBA for the next decade or so. It's been a hell of a ride.

I'm not saying LeBron is above reproach. I just want to add some perspective to the discussion. He's about to be 38 years old. If this was his team and roster in 2015, then yeah, what a massive blunder to waste his own talents like that. I think LeBron decided he wanted to play out his career in LA, make movies, raise his kids, and prepare for the next stage of his life and career. He won a title in LA (or Orlando, but you know what I mean). I don't think anything he does now is going to take away from what he was and what he did. He's still a heck of a player, one of the 10 or so best in the game. That alone is an achievement. But his life as the unquestioned most talented player in the game is over. It's clear that other stud players, besides AD, do not want to share the court with him. It's all old guys. The next group of superstars want to form their own legacies. The Lakers aren't in the position to draft their next centerpiece just yet. This is the slow ending of his career as the Warriors, 76ers, Nuggets, Celtics, Bucks, etc. own the NBA for the next decade or so. It's been a hell of a ride.
    I doubt he would agree with this and I bet he fully expects to contend for a championship this year. He can do all of the above in LA in his mind I’m sure.

Whoever did this is a next-level troll...

I'm betting the Lakers would pay a good deal more than that for a good outside shooter.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    I understand those people who claim his failures in the HR Department leave a smear on his greatness as a player, I just vehemently disagree.

Him passing Kareem in points this season will be an opportunity to celebrate the best basketball player of all time.
    I think this time would be better used to celebrate Lebron and his accomplishment.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieTiger View Post

Was the acquisition of Kevin Love a resounding success? From what I remember he didn’t fit in particularly well with the team. I even vaguely recall James showing significant displeasure with Love and basically ostracizing him. I admit my memory on this could be faulty, though. And since James left Cleveland Love has been average at best, hasn’t he?

As for Klutch, why would James bend over backwards to try and acquire players who are represented by them? He doesn’t own Klutch. How does he directly benefit from the Lakers having Klutch players on the roster? I’m not challenging your assertion, I’m honestly just curious. Thanks.