Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Nice to see that he has graciously left the stage to Hubert.

Quote Originally Posted by SavDukeGrad View Post
    Maybe this will be the year Gonzaga doesn’t have the 1 seed in the West locked up in December!
    Can’t get back to that gauntlet of the West Coast Conference fast enough.

Quote Originally Posted by TKG View Post
    Nice to see that he has graciously left the stage to Hubert.
    Can't tell if he is just upset about the loss or whether he's posting on IC as 'HuckH' about how much better the coaching was before Roy Williams retired. 💀

Quote Originally Posted by rsvman View Post
    Can't tell if he is just upset about the loss or whether he's posting on IC as 'HuckH' about how much better the coaching was before Roy Williams retired. 💀
    Funny... I thought he had just nodded off... After all, he "could give a sh*t about Carolina"...

Quote Originally Posted by SavDukeGrad View Post
    Maybe this will be the year Gonzaga doesn’t have the 1 seed in the West locked up in December!
    The team I’m seeing that is gonna lock up a 1-seed early, if anyone does, is Houston. That team is mature and strong and gooooood…..

Come on Syracuse! You’re better than that!

https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/s...fS5ZZG2ghRse4w

Quote Originally Posted by tommy View Post
    The team I’m seeing that is gonna lock up a 1-seed early, if anyone does, is Houston. That team is mature and strong and gooooood…..
    Not sure if this was supposed to be sarcastic, as Houston just escaped with a 5 point home win over Kent State in which they trailed by 1 with a minute remaining. With the CHeats and Kansas already having lost this week, we are not that far from a world where the #1 team is UVA! (That would also require a loss by #4 Texas, who has looked really good.)

Quote Originally Posted by UrinalCake View Post
    Not sure if this was supposed to be sarcastic, as Houston just escaped with a 5 point home win over Kent State in which they trailed by 1 with a minute remaining. With the CHeats and Kansas already having lost this week, we are not that far from a world where the #1 team is UVA! (That would also require a loss by #4 Texas, who has looked really good.)
    Houston basically had its Oregon State game - shooting like 26% in the first half with 14 TOs. Kent isn’t terrible but UH had a really off game.

Funny how #18 Alabama is favored by 1.5 pts over the still #1 Cheats on a neutral court. Maybe the lipstick is wearing off the pig.

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleBlue View Post
    Funny how #18 Alabama is favored by 1.5 pts over the still #1 Cheats on a neutral court. Maybe the lipstick is wearing off the pig.
    The polls are super jacked right now. dork polls put the line at alabama -1.
    April 1

Quote Originally Posted by uh_no View Post
    The polls are super jacked right now. dork polls put the line at alabama -1.
    Right, KenPom has UNC at #21, Alabama at #14. That's more like it, although still early for the dork polls too.

You’re thinking of Arkansas. Pigs are Arkansas, elephants are Alabama.

In animal terms, I like an elephant’s chances against a ram. Heck, I like an elephant’s chances against a Dodge Ram.

In historical terms, UNC beat Alabama on this day 3 years ago, also in a consolation game, at the 2019 Battle 4 Atlantis. An elephant never forgets.

Quote Originally Posted by brevity View Post
    You’re thinking of Arkansas. Pigs are Arkansas, elephants are Alabama.

In animal terms, I like an elephant’s chances against a ram. Heck, I like an elephant’s chances against a Dodge Ram.

In historical terms, UNC beat Alabama on this day 3 years ago, also in a consolation game, at the 2019 Battle 4 Atlantis. An elephant never forgets.
    I did mean the Cheats, regardless of the animal species. Maybe the bloom is off the rose?

Maybe the bloom is off the rose?
    Effective! Especially given the locale: Portland's arena complex was once known as the Rose Garden.

Right, KenPom has UNC at #21, Alabama at #14. That's more like it, although still early for the dork polls too.
    no doubt. I think it's closer to reality at time of writing, though. Lots of bias from a couple of good games late in the year last year...for a team that didn't consistently play well for almost the entirety of the year. Same with kansas.

I mean the premise of dork polls is largely (in this case): UNC has pretty much the same personnel as last year, so they'll be a little better, but pretty much the same as they were last year. pulling it out against baylor after blowing a 20-whatever point lead doesn't change who they really are, even though the voters are going to put a huge weight on it.
    April 1

Alabama and UNC in a barnburner.

Alabama looks good and then makes very dumb possessions. No idea if Crimson Tide can win. They make really poor decisions. 3 OT now and Quinerly ball hog was just weak.

I don’t get Alabama’s decision making on these last possession plays

Gross. I'm afraid to turn it off now. Man alive the holes are dumb.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'