Page 12 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Well

Quote Originally Posted by dukelifer View Post
    UNC likes being the hunter and not the hunted. I won’t count them out until they are out of the tourney.
    I won't count anybody out until they are out of the tournament, but I fully intend to revel in UNC's ineptitude in the meantime. Heels looked good.

heels looking damn good, over .500

this is getting tiresome...

HEELS LOOKED GOOD
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

And toss in a few giggles.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by Luke102452 View Post
    Broadcast team trying their best to excuse UNC. Fact of the matter is that Va Tech is flat out better. This bunch got hot at the right time last season and now they are showing they are who we thought they were.
    My favorite comment was after the game when Childress said they just needed some games in Chapel Hill to get some "home cooking" to get some wins and get back on track.

Quote Originally Posted by AGDukesky View Post
    Yeah but smart to establish that UNC has/is losing because Bacot is injured so they can discount them when the committee is seeding
    I don't understand. Meaning UNC is sitting him out on purpose to build a narrative that they are losing because he is hurt?

Not for nothing but UNC’s travel schedule over the last two weeks has been bonkers insane. That’s not intended to gloss over their apparent deficiencies on defense or their seemingly-brewing only-one-ball problem, but those guys’ tanks have GOT to be running on empty.

I think I said it on here but Caleb Love seems like the kind of person who hasn't taken the time to learn his teammates' last names. And he only knows their first names because calling them by their number doesn't get the ball passed to him.

Perhaps, just perhaps, last year‘s UNC team wasn’t really as good as most thought they were. Perhaps they just got on a good late season run and had everyone thinking they were something more than they are. Perhaps this year‘s team is losing because they aren’t as good as everyone thought they would be. And perhaps Hubert Davis isn’t the second coming of Dean Smith after all. Just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by knicknut View Post
    My favorite comment was after the game when Childress said they just needed some games in Chapel Hill to get some "home cooking" to get some wins and get back on track.
    I noticed that too! And I thought, given the free throw disparity they have had even away from home, how one-sided could it get?

Is that four Ls in a row?

Can we now say that it's the CaroLLLLina way? 😁

Quote Originally Posted by SavDukeGrad View Post
    I noticed that too! And I thought, given the free throw disparity they have had even away from home, how one-sided could it get?
    Better teams always have a FT disparity. It's one of the reasons they are good teams. Our hs team would almost always have more FT makes than opponent attempts in a season. Duke always runs a FT disparity.

Although to expand upong this, you have to play defense to foul. UNC is defense averse.
    Last edited by ClemmonsDevil; 12-04-2022 at 08:14 PM. Reason: Depth

On the Ground Report

Quote Originally Posted by rsvman View Post

(I realize this is overall "Other People's College Basketball 2022-23" thread, but the one dedicated to the ACC for this week is analyzing the Pitt team from 5 years ago, and this one is more on point w/my point, so I'm posting this here).

We moved to Blacksburg in 2021 as I work for a company building 2 buildings for VT. I'll be escaping next summer.

I had an indoor tennis match at 6:00pm tonight at the VT courts, which are just up the road from Lane Stadium and Cassell Coliseum, and adjacent to the runway of the little Blacksburg/Montgomery County airport. On my way there, I had the pleasure of passing one set of headlights after another of 'Happy Hokies' leaving the game. Quite enjoyable.

Then while I was serving in the first set, my concentration was disturbed by the sound of an airplane departing the airport. About 5 minutes later, I heard another one. Have no idea (insert eye roll) who may have been leaving Blacksburg at about 6:20 or so tonight, but I do know there are no commercial flights out of that little airport. Joy #2.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    I don't understand. Meaning UNC is sitting him out on purpose to build a narrative that they are losing because he is hurt?
    That is the theory but recognizing it is far fetched.

That is the theory but recognizing it is far fetched.
    Yeah. Throwing away a game to prove other games were influenced by injury seems strange.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDukie View Post
    Perhaps, just perhaps, last year‘s UNC team wasn’t really as good as most thought they were. Perhaps they just got on a good late season run and had everyone thinking they were something more than they are. Perhaps this year‘s team is losing because they aren’t as good as everyone thought they would be. And perhaps Hubert Davis isn’t the second coming of Dean Smith after all. Just saying.
    Good enough to beat Duke twice in the last month of the season (once at Cameron) and get to the national championship game.

Great win by Northwestern at Michigan State!

Great win by Northwestern at Michigan State!
    Second win in a row for Northwestern over MSU, first time since 1962.

Quote Originally Posted by rsvman View Post

Can’t spork but that’s fantastic.
    “Coach said no 3s.” - Zion on The Block

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Rosenrosen View Post
    Can’t spork but that’s fantastic.
    Where credit is due, I stole it from another poster. For some reason he posted it in one of the Jeopardy threads on the Off-Topic. Oh, and that was back when it only had three Ls in a row. 🤣