Page 10 of 30 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jv001 View Post
    Did the Vandy player tap him with his shoe, just asking.
    Here's the play that drew the technical. The Vandy player tapped his own head, much like beating his own chest. I can see why that was upsetting to the coach. Not to the extent that Stackhouse took it of course. https://twitter.com/Kyle__Boone/stat...44151182508033

This might need a poll. #6 Baylor and #14 Gonzaga are playing right now. What's the weirdest thing about this?

1. It's Friday night.

2. It's taking place in Sioux Falls, South Dakota.

3. It's the Peacock Classic, airing exclusively on Peacock.

4. Boardroom: "Participating players will have the opportunity to partner with event sponsors to promote the game through NIL deals."

5. A combined 11 players from these current rosters also played in the 2021 NCAA championship game, which was 20 months ago.

Surprisingly, I'm watching. I didn't realize signing up for the Peacock streaming service last week (Black Friday, 99 cents/month) would bear fruit so quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by brevity View Post
    This might need a poll. #6 Baylor and #14 Gonzaga are playing right now. What's the weirdest thing about this?

1. It's Friday night.

4. Boardroom: "Participating players will have the opportunity to partner with event sponsors to promote the game through NIL deals."

5. A combined 11 players from these current rosters also played in the 2021 NCAA championship game, which was 20 months ago.

Surprisingly, I'm watching. I didn't realize signing up for the Peacock streaming service last week (Black Friday, 99 cents/month) would bear fruit so quickly.
    You signed up for the "Night Court" reruns and were rewarded with this awesomeness!

Minor quibble

1. It's Friday night.

#2 should be #1; Sioux Falls is probably great in December, of course.

Halftime in Minnehaha County. Baylor leads 38-33. Drew Timme has only 2 points, off free throws.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    You signed up for the "Night Court" reruns and were rewarded with this awesomeness!
    Peacock has very advanced algorithms. It tells me:

You are watching Drew Timme. Based on this, you might also like:

Robert Redford in Jeremiah Johnson (1972)
    Danny Glover in Lethal Weapon (1987)
    Sam Elliott in The Big Lebowski (1998)
    Zach Galifianakis in The Hangover (2009)
    Danny Trejo in Machete (2010)
    Daniel Day-Lewis in Lincoln (2012) OR There Will Be Blood (2007) OR Gangs of New York (2001)

Timme is so old he drops 2 of his kids off at elementary school before heading to practice.

Timme is so old he drops 2 of his kids off at elementary school before heading to practice.
    Timme is almost 2.5 years younger than Grandison. Who is only a month younger than Jayson Tatum.

Sorry to be Mr. No Fun.

"Damn, that's old." -- Greg Oden

Drew Timme is so old that his NIL deals are with Life Alert and Doan's Pills.

Drew Timme is so old that Dick Vitale calls him "a diaper dandy, the way that I'm a diaper dandy".

Drew Timme is so old that youngsters in Spokane ask him to go to liquor stores and buy them alcohol at a senior citizen discount.

Drew Timme is so old that NBA scouts describe his motor as one of the original simple machines, like the pulley and the inclined plane.

Drew Timme is so old that when he practices against sophomore guard Joe Few, he asks "Who's your daddy?" and Joe says, "Well, I thought it was our head coach, but now I'm not so sure anymore."

Quote Originally Posted by MChambers View Post
    #2 should be #1; Sioux Falls is probably great in December, of course.
    It was more of a list than a ranking, but if it were a ranking, there'd be a new #1 that I learned during the game:

1. These two perennial powers are playing in the Sanford Pentagon, a facility that officially seats only 3,250 people, even though it was built less than ten years ago.

Drew Timme is so old that Dick Vitale calls him "a diaper dandy, the way that I'm a diaper dandy".

Drew Timme is so old that youngsters in Spokane ask him to go to liquor stores and buy them alcohol at a senior citizen discount.

Drew Timme is so old that NBA scouts describe his motor as one of the original simple machines, like the pulley and the inclined plane.

Drew Timme is so old that when he practices against sophomore guard Joe Few, he asks "Who's your daddy?" and Joe says, "Well, I thought it was our head coach, but now I'm not so sure anymore."
    Drew Timme so old someone told him to act his age and he died.

Drew Timme so old when he started college there was no history class.

Drew Timme so old he remembers when the Grand Canyon was a ditch.

Drew Timme so old someone told him to act his age and he died.

Drew Timme so old when he started college there was no history class.

Drew Timme so old he remembers when the Grand Canyon was a ditch.
    You guys just crack me up

Drew Timme is so old he went to elementary school with Moses.

He has sweaters that are older than his teammates are.

He smoked weed with Janis Joplin once in San Francisco.

Quote Originally Posted by rsvman View Post
    Drew Timme is so old he went to elementary school with Moses.

He has sweaters that are older than his teammates are.

He smoked weed with Janis Joplin once in San Francisco.
    Drew Timme so old his Social Security Number is single digits.

And Bacot brings back memories of Jeremy Hyatt from NC State. If y'all remember Mutt

Indiana and Rutgers

I found this interesting article about the relationship between Indiana and Rutgers:
    https://sports.yahoo.com/rutgers-bas...100501411.html

The story is about an Indiana fellow who trolled Rutgers, and some of the recent history of that. This guy was objecting to the expansion of the Big Ten beyond its geographical region; something ACC members can relate to.

The money quote for me had nothing to do with Rutgers. It was, “I was just as mad about Maryland being added,” Swick said. “But when I wrote about how I didn’t want Maryland in the conference, the difference was nobody from Maryland cared.”

Larry
    DevilHorse

It was more of a list than a ranking, but if it were a ranking, there'd be a new #1 that I learned during the game:

1. These two perennial powers are playing in the Sanford Pentagon, a facility that officially seats only 3,250 people, even though it was built less than ten years ago.
    So the teams are playing on a rectangle inside a pentagon and try to throw spheres through circles? Got it.

Quote Originally Posted by MChambers View Post
    So the teams are playing on a rectangle inside a pentagon and try to throw spheres through circles? Got it.
    Did either team employ a triangle and two on defense? If so, was cosmic harmony finally achieved?

UNC. Yeah, nobody’s feeling bad for them and their multiple game losing streak. Here’s my theory: Hubert Davis is just a bad coach. They did the same thing they’re doing this year last year: weren’t very good or at least not very consistent during the regular season. By the end of the year, the talent figured it out without help with the coach and they had a nice run in the tournament. Maybe this team will do the same this year, but right now they’re victim to Hubert’s poor coaching chops. Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by kidA View Post
    UNC. Yeah, nobody’s feeling bad for them and their multiple game losing streak. Here’s my theory: Hubert Davis is just a bad coach. They did the same thing they’re doing this year last year: weren’t very good or at least not very consistent during the regular season. By the end of the year, the talent figured it out without help with the coach and they had a nice run in the tournament. Maybe this team will do the same this year, but right now they’re victim to Hubert’s poor coaching chops. Thoughts?
    I think it's the kids. Roy didn't win with them either.

Quote Originally Posted by kidA View Post
    I don’t know what the explanation is for their poor performance. But I DO promise to be very careful this season because I felt that their improvement last year was payback from the baby blue basketball gods for my giddiness over the first half of their season. So this year I will not celebrate their losses…as much….maybe just a little bit. Oh what the heck, GTHC!