Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MartyClark View Post
    Woo! Go Buffs (who got beat soundly by Grambling State on Friday)
    Quote Originally Posted by brevity View Post
    Maybe Colorado should be in the SEC. They have wins over ranked Tennessee (78-66 last Sunday) and Texas A&M (103-75 today).

Or maybe Colorado should be in the ACC. They have losses to Grambling (83-74) and UMass (66-63).
    The Pac 12 and SWAC signed a deal to have the conferences match-up for two consecutive years in "The Legacy Series". Each team will have a partner from the other conference and play true home-and-homes. The idea was born out of the social justice movement as the SWAC is mostly HBCUs and it would raise their profile, give them some great true home games with big name Pac 12 programs, etc. It seemed like a win-win as the mightly Pac 12 shouldn't worry about losing these games...

https://tucson.com/sports/arizonawil...a8611b1d4.html

I don't know the current W-L, but the SWAC won 3 of their home games. Classic.

Calipari really getting roasted by The Athletic. I'm beginning to wonder if he can survive at UK.

Quote Originally Posted by hallcity View Post
    Calipari really getting roasted by The Athletic. I'm beginning to wonder if he can survive at UK.
    I wouldn't want to face Kentucky in March. It's a long season, but UK has a lot of pieces for an elite team. They have shooters on this team. The have the reigning National Player of the Year. Cason Wallace looks a lot like a lottery pick guard that he was projected to be before the year. Calipari is going to get a lot of flack whenever Kentucky stumbles. They have a track record of bumbling through a season before putting it together. That happened in 2020, 2019, and 2014. I wouldn't be surprised if this team finds the right lineups and rotations after January and then starts to look like a legit Title Contender again. It is kind of wild that Kentucky hasn't won a game in the NCAA Tournament since 2019. Another Final Four run and next year's recruiting class could quiet the voices in Lexington. He'll always have his detractors. But they aren't going to seriously force him out. No one has been to the Final Four, the Elite 8, or the Sweet 16 more often since he was hired in Lexington.

Quote Originally Posted by hallcity View Post
    I mean, he's only bringing in the #1, #2, #6, #9, and #29 players in the 2023 class. Terrible.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

This Maui field is really good- if Louisville was a normal level for its program there would not be one easy game. Creighton looks like it will get a solid win over Texas Tech.

Louisville just embarrassing itself

And embarrassing the staff, including Nolan Smith.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalDukeFan View Post
    And embarrassing the staff, including Nolan Smith.
    And maybe getting them fired mid-season.
    "This is the best of all possible worlds."
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

Ya, they move to 0-5 getting trounced by Texas Tech...32-13 at the half, ouch.

Quote Originally Posted by chrishoke View Post
    And maybe getting them fired mid-season.
    I seriously doubt Louisville is going to fire it's brand new coaching staff halfway through the season.

The best thing that happened this season to UofL is getting the NCAA investigation resolved. The present looks bleak, but the clouds have parted.

They'll give Payne at least a couple of years to show progress. The University will have to pay him $10 million if he gets fired this season. I just don't see that happening.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    Ya, they move to 0-5 getting trounced by Texas Tech...32-13 at the half, ouch.
    Louisville almost got halved. 70-38 final. The two leading scorers for the Cardinals had 7 points each.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

American > Hoyas. Ewing is just not a good coach. How much longer will the school allow itself to be held hostage by the shadow of JT?

-Arizona is really really good. Tommy Lloyd is a really impressive coach.
    -Creighton aint far behind. Both of those teams are tough!
    -Arkansas is still playing without the kid many think will be the top NCAA player picked in the draft. Add SDSU and that Maui field was legit!

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Dat View Post
    -Arizona is really really good. Tommy Lloyd is a really impressive coach.
    -Creighton aint far behind. Both of those teams are tough!
    -Arkansas is still playing without the kid many think will be the top NCAA player picked in the draft. Add SDSU and that Maui field was legit!
    Yup and poor Louisville was the Chaminade

Unranked, undefeated (4-0) Wisconsin leads #3, undefeated (5-0) Kansas 52-50 with 6:48 left in Atlantis.

Wisconsin and Kansas head to OT in Atlantis tied at 63.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronDuke View Post
    Wisconsin and Kansas head to OT in Atlantis tied at 63.
    Wisconsin should be embarrassed by that last possession, d and o.

Quote Originally Posted by uh_no View Post
    Wisconsin should be embarrassed by that last possession, d and o.
    Agreed. Felt like they had the game won. Wahl for Wisconsin is impressive. It is now tied 65-65 with 1:35 left in OT and Wahl is shooting a free throw to complete a 3 point play.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronDuke View Post
    Agreed. Felt like they had the game won. Wahl for Wisconsin is impressive. It is now tied 65-65 with 1:35 left in OT and Wahl is shooting a free throw to complete a 3 point play.
    how do you leave two wide open shots for three in that situation? and then bit even get a good shot with ten seconds left?

just bad basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by uh_no View Post
    how do you leave two wide open shots for three in that situation? and then bit even get a good shot with ten seconds left?

just bad basketball.
    Agreed. They still may steal one today, up 1 with 16 seconds left. Kansas ball. Wahl has 23 points and 10 rebounds. He looks like a stud today. He’s a 6’9” senior forward that handles the ball as much as a guard.