View Poll Results: Who was Duke's Man of the Match in their win over Virginia tonight?

Voters
77. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jeremy Roach

31 40.26%
  • Kyle Filipowski

45 58.44%
  • Tyrese Proctor

0 0%
  • Dereck Lively II

0 0%
  • Mark Mitchell

0 0%
  • Dariq Whitehead

1 1.30%
  • Ryan Young

0 0%
  • Jacob Grandison

0 0%
  • Jaylen Blakes

0 0%

MOTM: Duke vs. Virginia (2003 ACCT Final)

Who was Duke's Man of the Match in their win over Virginia tonight? Here's the GoDuke box score.

I know Jeremy was key with his timely scoring. But Flip, after his last game against UVA, with a double-double… 20 points 10 rebounds… I had to give it to him

Split my votes. Flip here and Jeremy on the main page.
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Could go either way but Flip with his 20 and 10 and with 3 steals and 1 TO edged out Jeremy with his great 23 points but 5 TO's

Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    Split my votes. Flip here and Jeremy on the main page.
    Ditto.

Both deserve the honor.
    Bob Green

I didn't think it was particularly close, actually. Flip all the way for me. Roach was good, but Flip was a monster. And Roach didn't have to deal with getting shoved and hacked on pretty much every possession.

Flip for me. Payback for his less than stellar performance in the game at VA and his getting jobbed by the refs.
    Jeremy was clutch again and was deserving as well.

GoDuke!

Quote Originally Posted by Phredd3 View Post
    I didn't think it was particularly close, actually. Flip all the way for me. Roach was good, but Flip was a monster. And Roach didn't have to deal with getting shoved and hacked on pretty much every possession.
    These MOTM polls are always a challenge because it is rarely one player in contention. That difficulty makes it fun. The front page poll allows one to split their vote so I routinely take advantage.
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    These MOTM polls are always a challenge because it is rarely one player in contention. That difficulty makes it fun. The front page poll allows one to split their vote so I routinely take advantage.
    Yep, I split my vote. Roach here and Kyle on the front page.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    I agree, actually, and Roach is certainly the spiritual leader of this team and made huge contributions to this game. He's a worthy choice. I was not meaning to disparage anyone with a contrary view, certainly, or diminish anyone's fun. I was just saying that I, personally, didn't find the decision to be difficult on this occasion. Flip came out with something to prove, and he proved it. I'm in on that. But Roach was right there and huge in crunch time, as he has been time and again this season. I have huge respect for both.

Flip was MOP. Jeremy was MVP. Our captain carried us down the stretch, so I gave him the nod.

Awesome team performance throughout the tournament.

Quote Originally Posted by Phredd3 View Post
    I agree, actually, and Roach is certainly the spiritual leader of this team and made huge contributions to this game. He's a worthy choice. I was not meaning to disparage anyone with a contrary view, certainly, or diminish anyone's fun. I was just saying that I, personally, didn't find the decision to be difficult on this occasion. Flip came out with something to prove, and he proved it. I'm in on that. But Roach was right there and huge in crunch time, as he has been time and again this season. I have huge respect for both.
    We’re good. I did not view your post as negative.
    Bob Green

The real ACC POY

Daniel Ewing.

Quote Originally Posted by Native View Post
    Flip was MOP. Jeremy was MVP.
    MOP? Most Offensive Player? I got an award my senior year in high school for being the Best Offensive Player in football (I was a running back). My dad ALWAYS teased me, calling me the Most Offensive Player.

So what do you mean by MOP?
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

MOP? Most Offensive Player? I got an award my senior year in high school for being the Best Offensive Player in football (I was a running back). My dad ALWAYS teased me, calling me the Most Offensive Player.

O for Outstanding

MOP ➞ Most Outstanding Player. The player with the best performance in the game, particularly with regards to the stat sheet.
    MVP ➞ Most Valuable Player. The player without which the team would be least likely to win the game.

In my opinion, Flip had the best performance, but we don't win without Jeremy leading us down the stretch.