Page 21 of 30 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by scottdude8 View Post
    #1 and #2 fall at HOME on back to back days.

College basketball is wide open this year, folks…
    When my boys were little and played mite hockey, they had a coach whose only direction from the bench was to constantly yell “who wants it?” (which we thought was hysterical). It seems that this year’s college basketball would benefit from that coach’s “game plan”.

Quote Originally Posted by scottdude8 View Post
    #1 and #2 fall at HOME on back to back days.

College basketball is wide open this year, folks…
    All comes down to who is playing well in March.

Kansas loses their 3rd straight game to Baylor.

Quote Originally Posted by SavDukeGrad View Post
    Kansas loses their 3rd straight game to Baylor.
    It’s been a tough season so far for all four Champions Classic teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Bay Area Duke Fan View Post
    It’s been a tough season so far for all four Champions Classic teams.
    Rough stretch for Kansas but they still are having an excellent season and are a legit national championship contender. All things considered I’d say Self is probably the best coach in college basketball.

This is an all-timer...

An UberEats deliveryman just tried to deliver food to a ref in the middle of the Loyola - Duquesne game. Yup, it is real.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by tommy View Post
    Rough stretch for Kansas but they still are having an excellent season and are a legit national championship contender. All things considered I’d say Self is probably the best coach in college basketball.
    That's called self-esteem.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    This is an all-timer...

An UberEats deliveryman just tried to deliver food to a ref in the middle of the Loyola - Duquesne game. Yup, it is real.
    I saw that and have 2 questions: 1) McDonalds - really? 2) How did he get into the stadium/field house without a ticket?

Quote Originally Posted by arnie View Post
    I saw that and have 2 questions: 1) McDonalds - really? 2) How did he get into the stadium/field house without a ticket?
    Regarding 2), the following is the screening process at the main gate of Navy bases, with ships in port with nukes (at least while I was in):

Military personnel with a base sticker - Stop and show ID, with a visual inspection of the interior of the car.

Pizza delivery, taxis, and Soft drink trucks- Automatic wave through.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    This is an all-timer...

I don't believe the ref ordered the food. He would be fired today if he did. Given the surcharge some stadiums have for mediocre concessions, I can't blame the fan.

How the delivery driver got past security even in a midmajor gym to the floor is the real issue. TV usually refuses to show drunk fans on the football field, and they need to do the same for Doordash. It should have been delivered outside the stadium with a photograph.

Quote Originally Posted by duke2x View Post
    I don't believe the ref ordered the food. He would be fired today if he did. Given the surcharge some stadiums have for mediocre concessions, I can't blame the fan.

How the delivery driver got past security even in a midmajor gym to the floor is the real issue. TV usually refuses to show drunk fans on the football field, and they need to do the same for Doordash. It should have been delivered outside the stadium with a photograph.
    Quote Originally Posted by arnie View Post
    More information here:
    https://sports.yahoo.com/uber-eats-d...021311167.html

According to the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette’s Abby Schnable, someone at the video board had ordered the food — so the driver was at least in the right place. How the delivery person got into the arena without a ticket is anybody's guess.
    Ref came by an said that it was a first for him. Also the guy who was supposed to get the food is on the video board. He got his MCDs
    https://twitter.com/AbbySchnable/sta...18605716303872

Not sure I totally buy the story, though, as you can't get into stadium without a ticket, I doubt an Uber Eats driver is going to go through the trouble of finding a place to park and go into a stadium and then walk onto the floor, and stadiums don't typically allow outside food. I get crushed for bringing 4 oz of water for my 4-year old...Might be a stunt of some sort, but not sure what.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluedog View Post
    More information here:

Not sure I totally buy the story, though, as you can't get into stadium without a ticket, I doubt an Uber Eats driver is going to go through the trouble of finding a place to park and go into a stadium and then walk onto the floor, and stadiums don't typically allow outside food. I get crushed for bringing 4 oz of water for my 4-year old...Might be a stunt of some sort, but not sure what.
    Smells like a stunt (advertising and/or "look at me") to me.

After starting the season 14-0 and ascending to #1 in the AP Poll and on KenPom, UConn has lost 6 of 8.

What is going on in Storrs?

Do their message boards have threads about how hot Danny Hurley's seat has become?

Quote Originally Posted by Bluedog View Post
    More information here:

During the second half of a relatively lightly attended game, is someone really monitoring the door for tickets? I’m sure you can walk right in pretty easily. Just keep walking and act like you know what you are doing. If someone asks, say you thought you left the headlights in your car on or weren’t feeling good and needed fresh air.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBenAkiva View Post
    UConn has lost 6 of 8.

?
    With all due respect to the Hurley family, this pleases me.

Play “Conquest,” and play it loud. USC takes down UCLA.

Is this the most wide open season ever? Other than maybe Purdue, I don’t see any locks for a #1 seed. And as good as Purdue has been, the Big Ten has no other ranked teams- so I’m not sure how tested the Boilermakers will be come tourney time. Just wish Duke could find some consistency because this looks like a year when a lower seed has a real chance…

Yep

Quote Originally Posted by AGDukesky View Post
    Is this the most wide open season ever? Other than maybe Purdue, I don’t see any locks for a #1 seed. And as good as Purdue has been, the Big Ten has no other ranked teams- so I’m not sure how tested the Boilermakers will be come tourney time. Just wish Duke could find some consistency because this looks like a year when a lower seed has a real chance…
    Seems that way. I suppose you could do some sort of statistical analysis on this, either by simply looking at the rankings at KenPom or Trank, or by looking at the variability of game scores. I'm way too lazy to do that, however.

And despite the parity the four teams that make the Final Four will all be called teams with great years despite the ups and downs in Jan and Feb. Lots of bball to be played and Duke does have the pieces if they put it all together.

You're not wrong. Your point also works if you swap out Purdue for Houston. I think they're the other super likely 1 seed, and they won't be seriously tested.