Page 9 of 30 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
    scottdude8 is online now Moderator, Contributor, Zoubek disciple, and resident Wolverine
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven43 View Post
    Hey Scott, I’m pulling hard for Michigan to win the college football 🏈 national championship.

And it was SWEET watching the Maize and Blue throttle the dreaded Buckeyes this past weekend! Am I right?
    Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    You're baiting him you savage!
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven43 View Post
    Busted!!
    I’m confused whether you guys are my addiction support group, or my enablers. Or both?
    Scott Rich on the front page

Trinity BS 2012; University of Michigan PhD 2018
    Duke Chronicle, Sports Online Editor: 2010-2012
    K-Ville Blue Tenting 2009-2012

Unofficial Brian Zoubek Biographer
    If you have questions about Michigan Basketball/Football, I'm your man!

Quote Originally Posted by scottdude8 View Post
    I’m confused whether you guys are my addiction support group, or my enablers. Or both?
    Yes!

scottdude8 is online now Moderator, Contributor, Zoubek disciple, and resident Wolverine
    Well, back to our regularly scheduled program… Pitt taking it to Northwestern on the road right now is quite the pleasant surprise!

'

On the off-chance that anyone is interested in the discussion about comparing the relative ease/difficulty of ACC in-conference schedules, I need to clarify a sentence in my post #160. In para 3, the sentence (1) should read: How many games each of the top 8 plays against the other 7 in the top 8.

Bellarmine tied with Kentucky at half.

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    Bellarmine tied with Kentucky at half.
    Not particularly surprising.

Quote Originally Posted by rsvman View Post
    Not particularly surprising.
    And then they lost by almost 20. Marquette beating Baylor by 20 in the first half

Propaganda minister Art Chansky with as close as he can mustet to an anti-UNC post.

https://chapelboro.com/sports/chansk...ers-dont-lie-4

Vanderbilt head coach Jerry Stackhouse was ejected tonight at VCU for arguing a call near the end of the game in Richmond. VCU won 70-65. The Kinston, NC native from UNC-CH was none too pleased with the officials near the end of the contest and had to be restrained by a police officer to leave the court. Vandy is 3-4 this year. In this his 4th season at Vandy, Stackhouse is now 42-58 overall as their head coach. It will be interesting to see if he can turn around their program and how long he is the head coach there.

Stackhouse

Quote Originally Posted by CameronDuke View Post
    Vanderbilt head coach Jerry Stackhouse was ejected tonight at VCU for arguing a call near the end of the game in Richmond. VCU won 70-65. The Kinston, NC native from UNC-CH was none too pleased with the officials near the end of the contest and had to be restrained by a police officer to leave the court. Vandy is 3-4 this year. In this his 4th season at Vandy, Stackhouse is now 42-58 overall as their head coach. It will be interesting to see if he can turn around their program and how long he is the head coach there.
    Sort of reminiscent of the time Stackhouse got into a dispute with a realtor in Atlantic Beach, when he thought that a one week beach rental meant you could stay 8 days. This was during his time with the Wizards, in 2003.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/archi...-950e03b42e7c/

Video of the incident here: https://www.cbssports.com/college-ba...ons-boil-over/

Juwan Howard punch vibes...

Quote Originally Posted by SlimSlowSlider View Post
    Video of the incident here: https://www.cbssports.com/college-ba...ons-boil-over/

Juwan Howard punch vibes...
    Likely suspension by SEC or Vandy.

Creighton at Texas on now, excellent match-up, playing an aesthetic game. Good pace and good execution so far.

20221201_200514.jpg

Carolina isn't the only one to celebrate their Helms championships. Picture from Allen Fieldhouse

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    20221201_200514.jpg

Carolina isn't the only one to celebrate their Helms championships. Picture from Allen Fieldhouse
    Ole Roy put it up there when he was coaching Kansas.

GoDuke!

Quote Originally Posted by jv001 View Post
    Ole Roy put it up there when he was coaching Kansas.

GoDuke!
    Helms banners display the height of insecurity for a blue blood- Carolina did it to move “ahead” of Duke after 2001 and Kansas did it to catch-up after being caught/passed by too many perceived lesser schools historically

Some interesting results from Thursday night

First, Arizona got their buts handed to them by Utah, albeit on the road. Arizona had risen to No. 4 after taking down San Diego State and Creighton in Maui and are currently the Pac-12's best shot at a top seed.

Meanwhile, in a result of more direct interest to us, Oregon State squeaked by Washington in their Pac-12 opener. No one expects the Beavers to be a good team this year, but if they can stay out of the basement of the Pac-12 that win may have some value to the committee come March, as ugly as it was.

Looking at the thread, it appears a Vandy guy got a Technical for doing a simple tap of the head after a dunk. We've seen our players do this all the time. So, Stackhouse was warranted for being in disagreement with the call as it was ridiculous, but obviously he exploded too much...I remember Grayson getting some absurd technicals -- like going to a corner and slamming the ball to himself after a call went against him -- and Coach K would "laugh" them off to the officials with his patented hand wave push. You still express your disbelief, but not in an aggressive manner if you don't want the T/ejection.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluedog View Post
    Looking at the thread, it appears a Vandy guy got a Technical for doing a simple tap of the head after a dunk. We've seen our players do this all the time. So, Stackhouse was warranted for being in disagreement with the call as it was ridiculous, but obviously he exploded too much...I remember Grayson getting some absurd technicals -- like going to a corner and slamming the ball to himself after a call went against him -- and Coach K would "laugh" them off to the officials with his patented hand wave push. You still express your disbelief, but not in an aggressive manner if you don't want the T/ejection.
    Did the Vandy player tap him with his shoe, just asking.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Maturin View Post
    UNC will be fine, but their biggest problem is that Caleb Love thinks he's the best player on his team. He'll end up scoring a bunch of points, but he's an inefficient chucker. He took 36 shots and committed some key turnovers, while Bacot only took 12 shots in a 4 OT game. That's a terrible ratio that Hubert needs to fix.
    This is exactly what I was hoping from UNC this season. .. that Caleb Love and to a lesser extent RJ Davis would deviate from the carefully managed team play that treated them so well last season and use this season as their NBA audition. They're taking shots away from Bacot and chucking up bricks. Love was mediocre at best for most all of last season (except when it counted, unfortunately) so this isn't terribly surprising. I hope he keeps it up.