Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by CameronDuke View Post
    Agreed. They still may steal one today, up 1 with 16 seconds left. Kansas ball. Wahl has 23 points and 10 rebounds. He looks like a stud today. He’s a 6’9” senior forward that handles the ball as much as a guard.
    nope. Box out, kiddos, it'll cost you a game some day.

Thrilling OT ending in the Wiscy vs Kansas game!!!! Back n forth the lead kept changing hands until a tip-in putback as the horn sounded gave Kansas the win!!! Kansas getting all sorts of good karma from having experienced players who know how to compete at winning time. That's 3-0 by my count of games that were close at the end that Kansas pulled out for a win vs. P5 teams. So far.

Quote Originally Posted by uh_no View Post
    Insane ending. Wahl had his hands on the rebound but couldn’t quite snag it. Credit to the Kansas player for the put back layup. Kansas survives a great game from Wisconsin!

Watch the replay of the final play... Bobby Pettiford is 5-feet beyond the three-point line when the shot goes up. He's a 6-1 PG who is not someone who goes inside to battle for rebounds. But, he races to the basket and his hustle is what allows him to be in the right place at the right time to save KU's unbeaten season.

Coaches will be showing this play to players for decades to remind them, "never give up on the play."
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Watch the replay of the final play... Bobby Pettiford is 5-feet beyond the three-point line when the shot goes up. He's a 6-1 PG who is not someone who goes inside to battle for rebounds. But, he races to the basket and his hustle is what allows him to be in the right place at the right time to save KU's unbeaten season.

Coaches will be showing this play to players for decades to remind them, "never give up on the play."
    yeah and #3 was ball watching and aimlessly drifting toward the basket instead of putting a body on his man. he had ample time to get in his way even slightly, and even beat him to the box, before letting him go underneath, exactly what boxing out would prevent.
    1200. DDMF.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    For a team that keeps winning, I'd still be nervous as a Kansas fan. It's not like the last two opponents were world beaters.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Heels look a little off. Portland making shots.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post

yeah and #3 was ball watching and aimlessly drifting toward the basket instead of putting a body on his man. he had ample time to get in his way even slightly, and even beat him to the box, before letting him go underneath, exactly what boxing out would prevent.
    Both of you are spot on. The Kansas player was alert and energetic, the Wiscy player was sleeping and lazy.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    For a team that keeps winning, I'd still be nervous as a Kansas fan. It's not like the last two opponents were world beaters.
    Welp. At least they got to 50.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Welp. At least they got to 50.
    interesting the dork polls have kansas at #16 and tennessee at #6....so in this case, much better evaluation than the real polls had...
    1200. DDMF.

Not great for us that Kansas lost badly and honestly hasn't look that good since our game.

Quote Originally Posted by UrinalCake View Post
    Not great for us that Kansas lost badly and honestly hasn't look that good since our game.
    Even worse for Kansas, though.
    Tonight's loss was foreseen, but that doesn't mean much in the grand scheme. As with our own loss to them, it's better to experience it now than in March. They have lots of talent, but less experience than the team that won it all. They will come together as the season progresses. Duke can say the same.

Carolina, however, has lots of experience and just got smoked. HAHAHAHAHA

The holes got grilled.

Quote Originally Posted by Dukehk View Post
    The holes got grilled.

Drilled?

Quote Originally Posted by Wahoo2000 View Post
    Drilled?
    I believe Dukehk did mean to say grilled, as in Caleb Grill who lit up the CHeats for 31 points.

Because I love to watch the CHeats lose so much I went and watched a replay of the ending. With 3:15 remaining UNC hits a free throw to go up by 5. From that point forward it goes

- ISU dunk when UNC falls asleep on D
    - Bacot turnover, pass to Nance who bobbles it
    - ISU hits insane long three
    - Bacot turnover, tries to go backdoor but throws it into defender's leg
    - ISU hits tough jumper
    - Bacot turnover, weak perimeter pass that gets picked off
    - ISU fouled by Bacot on ensuing transition layup, hits two free throws
    - Love jacks up dumb three with tons of time on shot clock, air balls it

From there it's a couple empty posssessions and then they play the foul game. I know we think of our own team as having collapsed at the end of that Kansas game, but having veterans like the CHeats doesn't make you immune to blowing a lead in the closing minutes. To be fair, ISU hit some tough shots and played great D. I don't understand why the CHeats have Bacot initiating their offense 30 feet from the basket, it seems like you'd want him in the paint with a guard handling the ball but what do I know... GTHC

Quote Originally Posted by UrinalCake View Post
    We had that game and just handed lt to them starting at about the two minute mark. It almost felt like the moment was too big for the team.

Seems like the past couple of games have given us valuable experience.

I suspect that, by March, we will perform better in the last few minutes than we did in that game.

uconn took down bama by 15 after beating oregon by 24 last night...both far larger than expected. playing really good ball right now. would be just like them to choke against ISU tomorrow night...but i'm okay with that given ISU took down the real enemy.
    1200. DDMF.

A very good day.

A Duke win in basketball, a Cheat loss in basketball and a Cheat loss in Football. Plus, the Cheat losses were the break your heart type losses. I just wish Duke could have had a win in Football and that would have been, "how sweet it is" day.

GoDuke and GTHC!!!!

Purdue destroyed Gonzaga last night 84-66.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronDuke View Post
    Purdue destroyed Gonzaga last night 84-66.
    Maybe this will be the year Gonzaga doesn’t have the 1 seed in the West locked up in December!