Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmymax View Post
    Apparently Dariq shrank today -- now down to 6'7" on goduke.com. Probably was measured right when he got up and spine compressed during the course of the day. Happens to us all.

It was JayZee. He brought force the irrefutable evidence.

Quote Originally Posted by flyingdutchdevil View Post
    6'3", 6'5", 6'8", 6'8", 7'0"

That's really tall.

Let's assume Roach, Grandison, Whitehead, Flip, and Lively. That's 6'2", 6'6", 6'8", 7'0", 7'1". Insane. However, Roach isn't 6'2". There is a little "Demarcus Nelson" in those measurements...
    Using GoDuke measurements and calling the five players who started the most games the "starters":

2010: 6'2, 6'5, 6'8, 6'10 (Miles Plumlee started 24 games to Brian Zoubek's 16 starts): Average: 6'6.6" (now that's a real Devil average)

2018: 6'3, 6'5, 6'6, 6'10, 6'11: Average: 6'7.0"

2022: 6'2, 6'5 (Trevor Keels started one more game than 6'6 AJ Griffin), 6'5, 6'10, 7'1: Average: 6'7.0"

2023: 6'2, 6'6 (Jacob Grandison, though maybe 6'5 Tyrese Proctor or even 6'8 Mark Mitchell), 6'7, 7'0, 7'1: Average: 6'8.0"

Even if you count Zoubek in 2010 and Griffin in 2022, and drop 2023 an inch by saying Proctor is a starter instead of Grandison, this year's starting team is the tallest Duke starting team in at least 15 years (probably a lot longer than that).

Kedsy - I had to triple check because your stats are always spot on, but did you leave either Singler or Lance out of your 2010 lineup? I believe both were 6’8. Also even though Miles may have started more games, I think most everyone considers Zoubs to be the starter on that team.

Quote Originally Posted by UrinalCake View Post
    Kedsy - I had to triple check because your stats are always spot on, but did you leave either Singler or Lance out of your 2010 lineup? I believe both were 6’8. Also even though Miles may have started more games, I think most everyone considers Zoubs to be the starter on that team.
    Sorry, yes. I only listed four starters in 2010 but the one I left out was 6'8. My average height listed for that team counted both 6'8 players. It was just a typo (that I can't fix at this point).

You can count Zoubek as a starter if you want, but what's the rationale? Who started the last game? Who had the most starts in the last 10 games? Even if you count Zoubek, the 2023 team will be taller.

Quote Originally Posted by Kedsy View Post
    You can count Zoubek as a starter if you want, but what's the rationale?
    My rationale would be that moving him into the starting lineup was the defining moment of that season which turned the team around, and that starting through the close of the season and postseason is more significant than earlier in the season while we were getting blown out by Georgetown and NC State. More of a subjective measure for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by UrinalCake View Post
    My rationale would be that moving him into the starting lineup was the defining moment of that season which turned the team around, and that starting through the close of the season and postseason is more significant than earlier in the season while we were getting blown out by Georgetown and NC State. More of a subjective measure for sure.
    Well, obviously you’d have to use the starting lineup for each individual game to get the full picture!

-jk

Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post
    Well, obviously you’d have to use the starting lineup for each individual game to get the full picture!

-jk
    I think it should come down to minutes. Doesn't it always?