Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Youtubetv has not carried the RSN/Bally Sports channel for over a year. And if you live in NC, you are blacked out of streaming those games on espn+, unless you have a VPN.
    "This is the best of all possible worlds."
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

Quote Originally Posted by awhom111 View Post
    All the channels carrying the game:
    https://theacc.com/sports/2022/9/29/...UKE_GT_22.aspx

Since the MLB regular season is over and the NBA and NHL (with two games of exceptions) regular seasons have not started yet, the game is on more channels than the last one.
    That website says that MASN will carry the game. I live in the DC area (northern Virginia), and have a couple of notes regarding that:

• For the UVA game this past Saturday, my channel guide listed the game as airing on MASN. I recorded the program (was out for anniversary dinner so couldn't watch live). However, when I went to watch the recording later, I learned that MASN instead aired a replay of a Nats game during the timeslot, despite the program title on my DVR still listing my recording as being for the Duke game. (Whether they moved the game to a different station or not, I don't know).
    • For the upcoming game vs Ga Tech, my program guide shows live Nats and Orioles games on both MASN stations during the timeslot. It appears instead that the game is going to air on the YES network - at least according to my channel guide.

Quote Originally Posted by duke79 View Post
    I use YouTube TV as my main streaming service and I was unable to find last week's game (UVa) anywhere on YT TV. I tried to watch the game on ESPN3 (through the ESPN app on my computer and phone, but it would not allow me to access the game that way). Does anyone know of a way to watch the game through other methods?
    I was able to watch the game using the ESPN app on my smart TV.

Quote Originally Posted by pcal6vb View Post
    That website says that MASN will carry the game. I live in the DC area (northern Virginia), and have a couple of notes regarding that:

• For the UVA game this past Saturday, my channel guide listed the game as airing on MASN. I recorded the program (was out for anniversary dinner so couldn't watch live). However, when I went to watch the recording later, I learned that MASN instead aired a replay of a Nats game during the timeslot, despite the program title on my DVR still listing my recording as being for the Duke game. (Whether they moved the game to a different station or not, I don't know).
    • For the upcoming game vs Ga Tech, my program guide shows live Nats and Orioles games on both MASN stations during the timeslot. It appears instead that the game is going to air on the YES network - at least according to my channel guide.
    Things may be better this Saturday:

The Nats and Orioles did not make the baseball playoffs and their seasons end this Wednesday 10/5
    My DirecTV guide shows Duke vs Ga. Tech on both MASN channel 640 and Bally Sports South channel 646 for 4:00 PM Saturday 10/8
    I suspect your channel guide is yet to be updated

Quote Originally Posted by roywhite View Post

The Nats and Orioles did not make the baseball playoffs and their seasons end this Thursday 10/6
    My DirecTV guide shows Duke vs Ga. Tech on both MASN channel 640 and Bally Sports South for 4:00 PM Saturday 10/8
    yes, I think you're right, but the various sports channels can surprise (in a bad way) once in a while, so I like to be watching at the beginning of the game to make sure the game is carried, then I just DVR it and watch an hour later. I've had a few Duke games pre-empted by non listed hockey games and the like.

Quote Originally Posted by cato View Post
    I was able to watch the game using the ESPN app on my smart TV.
    It depends on where you live; as others have mentioned there are blackout restrictions which may be what duke79 ran into. VPN'ing to another location worked for me, but only if I viewed directly through the ESPN site/app rather than going through the YTV interface. I think that YTV uses your home location which is tied to your YouTube account regardless of your ip address, whereas ESPN is easier to fool.

Quote Originally Posted by roywhite View Post

The Nats and Orioles did not make the baseball playoffs and their seasons end this Wednesday 10/5
    My DirecTV guide shows Duke vs Ga. Tech on both MASN channel 640 and Bally Sports South channel 646 for 4:00 PM Saturday 10/8
    I suspect your channel guide is yet to be updated
    You're right! Shows how close I've been following baseball this fall (I know the Nats weren't making the playoffs, but assumed that the regular season would "naturally" end on a weekend and not mid-week).

I checked last night, and the guide (or channels themselves) probably hadn't updated for the following weekend yet. Still, I won't hold my breath. As I mentioned, the Duke-UVA game was pre-empted by a replay(!) of a Nats game, not even a live game. No idea why. Perhaps some obscure maneuver in the internecine warfare that is the Nats' tv rights (for reference: https://www.washingtonpost.com/sport...-masn-orioles/)

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by UrinalCake View Post
    It depends on where you live; as others have mentioned there are blackout restrictions which may be what duke79 ran into. VPN'ing to another location worked for me, but only if I viewed directly through the ESPN site/app rather than going through the YTV interface. I think that YTV uses your home location which is tied to your YouTube account regardless of your ip address, whereas ESPN is easier to fool.
    Yep. The same applies with Hulu. Can't watch through the Hulu app, even through a VPN, but I can watch directly from the ESPN website using a VPN "from Chicago" and giving Hulu as my provider.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Can Duke Handle Success?

https://jimsumner.substack.com/p/can...handle-success

Latest Jim Sumner article.
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by gep View Post
    The game last week against UVa was the most important game for Duke and new coach Elko. So very nervous about the game. Now, this next game against GaTech is the most important game for Duke and new coach Elko. So again, very nervous about the game. I guess this will continue for the rest of the season???
    Every game is "the most important game", including our last game against, probably, Georgia or Alabama.

I have the sports pack on DTV so I get all of these regional sports channels from across the country. Games like this week's will show up in the guide on about a dozen of them.
    I will set one or two to record as some of them will be blacked out for me at any given time.
    If my DVR is working correctly, it will hunt around until it finds one that is not blacked out and record it for me.
    I'll be traveling during the game time this week. When I get home, hopefully the recording is there for me.

I'll be attending the game in the press box and hope to interview players and coaches after the contest is done. Should be fun and if there is anything really interesting to report, I will let all of you know
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by BigWayne View Post
    I have the sports pack on DTV so I get all of these regional sports channels from across the country. Games like this week's will show up in the guide on about a dozen of them.
    I will set one or two to record as some of them will be blacked out for me at any given time.
    If my DVR is working correctly, it will hunt around until it finds one that is not blacked out and record it for me.
    I'll be traveling during the game time this week. When I get home, hopefully the recording is there for me.
    Even if it is blacked out, you'll be able to watch the replay on demand when you get home.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by pcal6vb View Post
    You're right! Shows how close I've been following baseball this fall (I know the Nats weren't making the playoffs, but assumed that the regular season would "naturally" end on a weekend and not mid-week).

I checked last night, and the guide (or channels themselves) probably hadn't updated for the following weekend yet. Still, I won't hold my breath. As I mentioned, the Duke-UVA game was pre-empted by a replay(!) of a Nats game, not even a live game. No idea why. Perhaps some obscure maneuver in the internecine warfare that is the Nats' tv rights (for reference: https://www.washingtonpost.com/sport...-masn-orioles/)
    I'm also in the DMV area and was quite surprised when tuning in to MASN for UVa at Duke to see an old Nats game... Thankfully, I soon found Duke football on MASN2. Of course, that didn't help folks like you who had correctly read the channel guide and set the DVR to record MASN, where the Duke game was listed. Ah, MASN... (Schedules? We don't need no stinkin' schedules!)

Quote Originally Posted by BigWayne View Post
    yeah, that's my DirecTV experience as well. Living in New England, I just about always get the Sports South feed on 646, used to be Fox, now Bally. NESN has thrown me the occasional curve ball.

Duke football tv availability is biting me in the butt. A few days ago I subscribed to Youtube TV so I could dump my overpriced DirecTv. But now I’m hesitant to make the DTV disconnection call because I don’t want to miss Duke football. (That was a sentence I never expected to write!)

Quote Originally Posted by Skydog View Post
    Duke football tv availability is biting me in the butt. A few days ago I subscribed to Youtube TV so I could dump my overpriced DirecTv. But now I’m hesitant to make the DTV disconnection call because I don’t want to miss Duke football. (That was a sentence I never expected to write!)
    I have had the same conversation with myself several times, but I am sticking with DirecTV because, with the various sports packages, I get just about every game...to me, it's (somewhat regrettably) worth it.

YoutubeTV is a really good service in my opinion, with one glaring exception: they don't carry Bally. That affects 2-3 football games a year, but it looks like the Delaware game is the only MBB game affected. Bally now has its own streaming service, which costs $20/month. That might make sense if you follow a MLB/NHL/NBA team that plays all its games on Bally. A VPN is cheaper, but also more of a hassle. The free trial of Bally+ may be the best choice for those weighing their options.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Maturin View Post
    YoutubeTV is a really good service in my opinion, with one glaring exception: they don't carry Bally. That affects 2-3 football games a year, but it looks like the Delaware game is the only MBB game affected. Bally now has its own streaming service, which costs $20/month. That might make sense if you follow a MLB/NHL/NBA team that plays all its games on Bally. A VPN is cheaper, but also more of a hassle. The free trial of Bally+ may be the best choice for those weighing their options.
    Bally also gets to pick up some basketball games I think, if that factors in for anyone's long term planning.

Quote Originally Posted by Papa John View Post
    I'm also in the DMV area and was quite surprised when tuning in to MASN for UVa at Duke to see an old Nats game... Thankfully, I soon found Duke football on MASN2. Of course, that didn't help folks like you who had correctly read the channel guide and set the DVR to record MASN, where the Duke game was listed. Ah, MASN... (Schedules? We don't need no stinkin' schedules!)
    That's why I record two of them.