SNL's 48th season debuted last night w/ host Miles Teller and musical guest Kendrick Lamar as well as a few special appearances. Lots of stalwarts, particularly among the female cast, are no longer with the show --- Kate and Aidy, most notably. Pete Davison, Chris Redd and Kyle Mooney are all gone. IMO, the most promising / talented featured player from last season (Aristotle Athari) departed, too. Kenan continues his Brady-like career.

The new folks are Marcello Hernandez, Molly Kearney, Michael Longfellow, and Devon Walker. We get brief introductions to all of them but Michael Longfellow got the most airtime on what was a pretty sharp weekend update. We'll see how the rest of them get used in the coming episodes.

Miles Teller was game, clearly excited to be there and funny when he was given good material. None of the skits really stood out to me but I enjoyed the show overall.
REALLY looking forward to Brendan Gleeson next week though.

BTW, my line for the number of people the chime in on this thread that SNL has not been funny since they found it funny at 7.