RIP Loretta Lynn

Rest in peace to the grand old lady of country music. I was fortunate enough to see her at the Grand Ole Opry a few years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    Rest in peace to the grand old lady of country music. I was fortunate enough to see her at the Grand Ole Opry a few years ago.
    We saw her at DPAC a few years back. She had clearly slowed down a bit, but the show was still great. One of the real originals of country music.

Loretta Lynn was a fighter for women's rights before it was cool. Saw her at Merlefest over ten years ago, I think. She sang one or two songs, maybe, but she sat in a rocking chair and did her famous spiel about growing up in Butcher Hollar. Not sure if she was even five feet tall, but she was a giant of American music.

RIP.
    Man, if your Mom made you wear that color when you were a baby, and you're still wearing it, it's time to grow up!

One of the all time greats.

She'll be missed in my home. My Mom and Dad really loved her. And I thought she was a wonderful woman and singer as well.

Loretta and Dolly really turned the girl singer narrative around with great song writing. Loretta’s Van Lear Rose record with Jack Black is a blast from start to finish.