Page 58 of 72 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,160 of 1430
    Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    When DOES Kenny have his thoughts together? His inability to articulate clear points is legendary.
    Kenny is dumb as a rock. My apologizes to the rock.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    KD never saw a shot he didn’t want to take!
    Nor anything he wasn't complaining or whining about.

Quote Originally Posted by duke74 View Post
    The whining charge is a legitimate KD criticism but no one can accuse him of taking too many b-ball shots. He’s one of the most efficient scorers in the NBA. Unnoticed by everyone right now is that KD is currently beating the 50/40/90* benchmark for shooting excellence for the season, something only achieved by 8 other players in NBA history. He met it because his stellar 54% 3p% since moving to the Suns has elevated him to 40.4% for the season. Statistically (except for availability!) he is having his best season ever.

Btw Curry was headed for his second ever 50/40/90 season until a late season slump dropped his fg% below 50%. Of course it is much harder for Steph to meet the fg benchmark because half of his shots are from behind the arc. Which brings us to the footnote below.

* Fg% is a messy stat: it confounds accuracy with 3pa frequency. So the 50/40/90 (fg%/3p%/ft%) benchmark should really be replaced with a 55/40/90 (2p%/3p%/ft%) metric. But the former rolls off the tongue more readily so we are likely stuck with it.

Quote Originally Posted by duke74 View Post
    Yeah, Kornheiser and Wilbon discuss this a lot, Durant is a phenomenal talent and yet he can ALWAYS find something about which to be aggrieved, it's just what he does.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    Yeah, Kornheiser and Wilbon discuss this a lot, Durant is a phenomenal talent and yet he can ALWAYS find something about which to be aggrieved, it's just what he does.
    And don't get those two started on Kyrie. They have heavy-duty disdain for him (Kornheiser a bit more than Wilbon).

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDukie View Post
    And don't get those two started on Kyrie. They have heavy-duty disdain for him (Kornheiser a bit more than Wilbon).
    Tony failed to appreciate Kyrie's Flat Earth initiative for some reason.

Vernon Carey signs with the Jazz for the rest of this season (like 15 hours) plus the 23-24 season. I doubt the contract is guaranteed, so Vern will have to earn his way onto the roster, but this is a nice chance for him.

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1644760941614219266
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Vernon Carey signs with the Jazz for the rest of this season (like 15 hours) plus the 23-24 season. I doubt the contract is guaranteed, so Vern will have to earn his way onto the roster, but this is a nice chance for him.

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1644760941614219266
    maybe they'll even put him in the for the final game of the season. Once upon a time Grayson Allen scored 40 in a meaningless last or next to last game of the year. Maybe Big Vern' could do something similar.
    One thing that keeps popping up about Big Vern' is that he's a "back to the basket" C, and while he may not have developed much off the dribble driving, he was not a bad 3pt shooter at Duke, on very low volume. He's only attempted 7 in the NBA, none since his rookie year, making just 1. Maybe that extra distance from NCAA to NBA 3pt line is just too much for his skillset.

Tre Jones with a triple double.

Quote Originally Posted by Owen Meany View Post
    Tre Jones finished with a triple double with 17, 11 and 10 in a victory over Sacramento.
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNotCrazie View Post
    I thought CrazyNotCrazie was posting old news, but no. Tre Jones had his 2nd career triple double Saturday as a pro just six days after his 1st, last Sunday.

Highlight video and postgame interview. The Spurs lost by 20 to the Timberwolves.

I was wondering if Tre Jones might win NBA Player of the Week, but it's awarded for performances from Monday to Sunday, which means Tre's two triple doubles get split into separate weeks.

Not bad for the player that The Sporting News picked in the preseason as the 30th best starting point guard in a 30-team league.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNotCrazie View Post
    21 points 12 assists 10 rebounds with only 1 turnover! Tre is 8th in the NBA with an A/T ratio of 4.0, Tyus is first at 5.6.

Quote Originally Posted by Owen Meany View Post
    21 points 12 assists 10 rebounds with only 1 turnover! Tre is 8th in the NBA with an A/T ratio of 4.0, Tyus is first at 5.6.
    WOW... so what's up with the Jones's brothers???

Quote Originally Posted by gep View Post
    I think they got their Jones on.

Quote Originally Posted by gep View Post
    They’ve always been very judicious ball handlers. Going to keep them employed a long time!

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Pretty sure there's supposed to be an injury update on Zion some time today.
    Here's the latest NBA injury report on Zion (as of April 7):

Williamson has been ruled out for the Play-In Tournament, and David Griffin, the Pelicans executive vice president of basketball operations, said Friday that the best possible outcome would be the superstar forward returning to full practices during the first round of a potential playoff series, Erin Summers of Bally Sports New Orleans reports.

Here's an artilce on NOLA.com this morning:
    While Zion's timetable remains uncertain, Pelicans continue to play through his absence
    https://www.nola.com/sports/pelicans...34a1636a4.html
    The best-case scenario is Williamson gets cleared for 5-on-5 practices and ready in time for the playoffs if the Pelicans make it that far. Much like late last season, they’ve shown they can compete without him. They’ve won nine of their last 11 games, resurrecting a season that looked to be headed straight down the drain. They are overwhelmingly better with him, as they showed in late December when they were at the top of the Western Conference standings.

Jayson Tatum: Coach K’s “soft arse St. Louis kid” tantrum

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsQ5fbjRruM

Sorry if it was posted before. This is hilarious..

Money quote.

”I love Coach K but he cusses a lot”
    Kyle gets BUCKETS!
    https://youtu.be/NJWPASQZqLc

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleBlue View Post
    Here's the latest NBA injury report on Zion (as of April 7):

Williamson has been ruled out for the Play-In Tournament, and David Griffin, the Pelicans executive vice president of basketball operations, said Friday that the best possible outcome would be the superstar forward returning to full practices during the first round of a potential playoff series, Erin Summers of Bally Sports New Orleans reports.[/I]
    Does this mean that if NO makes it through the play-in, Zion at most would be practicing, but not playing, in their first real playoff series? Or, that he might play in that series? It's too bad they lost their last game as they were only a game out of 5th going into the last day but finished 9th. If Zion can go physically, I wouldn't hold back if I were NO. With Zion, they have the potential to beat anybody in the West. I still think that if he ever can stay healthy, he can enter the MJ and LeBron stratosphere.

Mason Plumlee and Bones Hyland had a nice little teammate spat yesterday
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYdtRYIvDSg

But then they made up
    https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...ustup-lue-says

Quote Originally Posted by Duke79UNLV77 View Post
    Does this mean that if NO makes it through the play-in, Zion at most would be practicing, but not playing, in their first real playoff series? Or, that he might play in that series? It's too bad they lost their last game as they were only a game out of 5th going into the last day but finished 9th. If Zion can go physically, I wouldn't hold back if I were NO. With Zion, they have the potential to beat anybody in the West. I still think that if he ever can stay healthy, he can enter the MJ and LeBron stratosphere.
    Pelicans fan here. it's an open secret Zion is done for the season and the fans are ready to mutiny. I'm going to tread lightly but everyone here is ready to move on. It just sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan_Wilson View Post
    Pelicans fan here. it's an open secret Zion is done for the season and the fans are ready to mutiny. I'm going to tread lightly but everyone here is ready to move on. It just sucks.
    It's a tough situation. I love Zion and when he's on the court he's amazing. He just hasn't been on the court much and I can understand the Pelican fans frustration with him, especially since you went thru a similar situation with AD. Of course I was quietly hoping he'd make it back to play some playoff games...