Page 57 of 72 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,140 of 1430
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven43 View Post
    Holy cow! I know it’s just one regular season game, but Tre Jones put up big numbers in helping beat a Sacramento team, on the road, that is fighting for the #2 spot in the Western Conference.

I had no idea Tre Jones had the capability of producing stats like this in a legitimate NBA game. I’m both shocked and very impressed.
    Hmmm. I am not shocked. Tre Jones was a mighty impressive college player- winning ACC POY and DPOY as a soph. He needed to work on his offense. Still not great there but improving for sure. He could have a long career.

Cool

Orlando would be wise to rest Paolo and Wendell…

Orlando, Washington, Indiana, and Portland are in a tight race for the 5th - 8th worst record in the league. I mean a single win could cost a team like 3 spots in the draft order. That is quite significant. It could also cost you several percentage points of a chance at Wemby and Scoot.

Will be really interesting to see who does a good job of losing. Orlando has won 6 of their past 10, a bad time for a hot streak.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Anyone know if we’ll see Zion again this year? I’m so sad.

Edit: got off my virtual butt and googled. Sounds like a remote possibility. As of today he’s been “re-evaluated” with “no timetable” and they don’t plan to “rush him”. So, all the usual words that mean probably not.

Quote Originally Posted by brlftz View Post
    Anyone know if we’ll see Zion again this year? I’m so sad.

Edit: got off my virtual butt and googled. Sounds like a remote possibility. As of today he’s been “re-evaluated” with “no timetable” and they don’t plan to “rush him”. So, all the usual words that mean probably not.
    The latest NBA injury report reads (as of April 5):

Williamson (hamstring) took part in some low-intensity 3-on-3 scrimmaging last week, Shams Charania of The Athletic reported Monday during his appearance on "The Pat McAfee Show".

So probably not this week, which is the end of the regular season. I wonder if it would be worth giving Zion court time in the playoffs if he has not had any time to re-integrate with the team. Perhaps if they get past the first round then maybe, barring any setbacks.

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleBlue View Post
    The latest NBA injury report reads (as of April 5):

Williamson (hamstring) took part in some low-intensity 3-on-3 scrimmaging last week, Shams Charania of The Athletic reported Monday during his appearance on "The Pat McAfee Show".

So probably not this week, which is the end of the regular season. I wonder if it would be worth giving Zion court time in the playoffs if he has not had any time to re-integrate with the team. Perhaps if they get past the first round then maybe, barring any setbacks.
    Pretty sure there's supposed to be an injury update on Zion some time today.

NBA requiring players to play at least 65 games to be eligible to awards. This will start next season.

Quote Originally Posted by BigZ View Post
    NBA requiring players to play at least 65 games to be eligible to awards. This will start next season.
    Can they play 1 minute? I am sure this can be gamed.

Quote Originally Posted by dukelifer View Post
    But then your points/bounds/assists per game takes a big hit.

Quote Originally Posted by arnie View Post
    Only needs one of each and the 'per 48' will look great.

I think they have to log at least 20 minuted for it to count as a game played.

Yes - good point unless they use some other metrics to determine these awards.

Is there a link to this new minimum? The current rules are listed at https://www.nba.com/stats/help/statminimums.

Currently, a player must play 70% of his team's games (58 in 82-game season) to qualify for the league leading lists.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Thanks. As stated in the article, this could affect a player's approach to load management or injury recovery.

Someone made a great point during a game last week. I can't remember her name but she said that the NBA scoring leader should be the player that scores the most points, not the player with the highest PPG. Brought up the NFL rushing leader as an example. With so many players taking games off, I like this idea. Point, Rebounds, Assists, Blocks, etc. could all be cumulative.

Yes - good point unless they use some other metrics to determine these awards.
    Its still up the writers voting

Kevin Durant took a shot at the rule change on Twitter.

Kevin Durant took a shot at the rule change on Twitter.
    KD never saw a shot he didn’t want to take!

I like the rule and, as would be expected, Kenny and Charles argued the change last night. Barkley agrees with me and actually thinks the minimum # games should be 70. Kenny didn’t really have his thoughts together😀, and just argued with Barkley.

I like the rule and, as would be expected, Kenny and Charles argued the change last night. Barkley agrees with me and actually thinks the minimum # games should be 70. Kenny didn’t really have his thoughts together😀, and just argued with Barkley.
    When DOES Kenny have his thoughts together? His inability to articulate clear points is legendary.