Page 52 of 72 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,040 of 1430
    Quote Originally Posted by AGDukesky View Post
    I agree but no team other than Milwaukee seems good enough to win the East. I don’t trust any of the other contenders.
    Agreed. And the Bucks went out and really improved their already great team by adding veteran Jae Crowder. They have more quality depth than Boston at this point.

RJ Barrett needs consideration for Defensive Player of the Year. He has locked down a lot of stars

Trevor Keels was not signed to a second 10 day contract by the Knicks and is now a free agent

Boston loosing ground quicker than puppies descending on a spilled bowl of ice cream.

They lost in OT yet again tonight. Someone call the Emergency Help Line, or the Leprechaun, in a hurry!

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDukie View Post
    Boston loosing ground quicker than puppies descending on a spilled bowl of ice cream.

They lost in OT yet again tonight. Someone call the Emergency Help Line, or the Leprechaun, in a hurry!
    Al Horford, Robert Williams, and some guy named Jayson Tatum all missed the game. Until the C’s routinely lose games with their full lineup in place and healthy, I’m not going to be particularly concerned.

The regular season is a long slog and most of it is fairly meaningless. The playoffs are where we’ll really see what they’re made of. The Bucks have a strong roster, but I’m not overly impressed with picking up Ingles and Crowder. I guess we shall see soon enough.

In 10 games with the Blazers, Cam Reddish is averaging...

14.2 points
    3.1 rebounds
    2.9 assists
    1.4 steals
    46.2% FG
    39.3% 3PT
    87% FT

Quote Originally Posted by BigZ View Post
    RJ Barrett needs consideration for Defensive Player of the Year. He has locked down a lot of stars
    As recently as a month ago, Coach Thibs was forced to defend RJ as critics and advanced stats were indicating that he was one of the worst defenders on the team:
    https://nypost.com/2023/02/06/knicks...retts-defense/

Yeah and Thibs has put putting RJ notably on weaker opponents on d this year. Calling for him to be DPOY is a bit ridiculous this year, he hasn’t been great at d and the team recognizes that. (Quickley and Grimes are the teams best defenders outside of the post).

Agreed. And the Bucks went out and really improved their already great team by adding veteran Jae Crowder. They have more quality depth than Boston at this point.
    This isn’t even remotely accurate. Celtics are deeper.

Quote Originally Posted by loran16 View Post
    Trevor Keels was not signed to a second 10 day contract by the Knicks and is now a free agent
    He is expected to return to the Knicks on a 2-way contract and continue to play with the Westchester Knicks G-League team. This is not the Knicks giving up on him. In fact, it is my understanding that the 10-day contract was a way of giving him a little extra salary bonus (double pay for 10 days).
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by ahughestt View Post
    Yeah, the Bucks have a lot of solid role players and defenders on the bench, but very little scoring punch other than Bobby Portis. Which is fine, as long as their starters are healthy. As this season has shown, they're a very good defensive team even if they lose a key player or three, but the offensive efficiency suffers. Maybe Goran Dragic helps with this a bit, but I don't know how much he has left in the tank.

Quote Originally Posted by phaedrus View Post
    Yeah, the Bucks have a lot of solid role players and defenders on the bench, but very little scoring punch other than Bobby Portis. Which is fine, as long as their starters are healthy. As this season has shown, they're a very good defensive team even if they lose a key player or three, but the offensive efficiency suffers. Maybe Goran Dragic helps with this a bit, but I don't know how much he has left in the tank.
    Well, Middleton has been coming off the bench since returning from injury so he provides plenty of scoring along with Portis. A healthy Milwaukee has at least five good offensive players not including Allen, Connaughton, and Ingles who tend to rotate having good games. I don’t think Boston has more scoring depth but does on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by ahughestt View Post
    You are wrong. The Bucks have far more scoring options off the bench than Boston does now.

You are wrong. The Bucks have far more scoring options off the bench than Boston does now.
    Hey, buddy (and fellow Celtics fan), whose side are you on??

The best thing about the Bucks is Mallory Edens. If you’re talking about her, I’m interested. But I don’t want to hear about the Bucks allegedly loaded roster. 😜

Quote Originally Posted by Steven43 View Post
    Hey, buddy (and fellow Celtics fan), whose side are you on??
    Is that even a question, Steven? You know I bleed green when it comes to the NBA.

But I sincerely believe a fully loaded Bucks squad is, ever-so-slightly, better than a fully loaded Celtic's squad. Top 7 players on each team goes to Boston by just a hair. But I think when you add players 8-10 Milwaukee gains the advantage.

With the Mavs trailing the Jazz 105-104, Kyrie gets an old fashioned 3pt play with 3:59 left. He scored 13 of Dallas's last 16 points in the 120-116 win. He finished with 33/6/8 on 10/18 shooting.

Pelicans' Zion Williamson: Out at least two more weeks
    https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/ba...wo-more-weeks/

Williamson (hamstring) will be sidelined for at least two more weeks, Adrian Wojnarowski of ESPN reports.

The last report on Williamson stated that he was "making good progress," and this type of back-and-forth is all too familiar to fantasy managers who drafted the big man last season. Even if Williamson returns in two weeks, he probably wouldn't be fully ramped up until April, meaning that managers in leagues that end relatively soon should consider dropping him. The Duke product last played Jan. 2 and has appeared in only 29 games this season.

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleBlue View Post
    Pelicans' Zion Williamson: Out at least two more weeks
    https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/ba...wo-more-weeks/

Williamson (hamstring) will be sidelined for at least two more weeks, Adrian Wojnarowski of ESPN reports.

The last report on Williamson stated that he was "making good progress," and this type of back-and-forth is all too familiar to fantasy managers who drafted the big man last season. Even if Williamson returns in two weeks, he probably wouldn't be fully ramped up until April, meaning that managers in leagues that end relatively soon should consider dropping him. The Duke product last played Jan. 2 and has appeared in only 29 games this season.
    So sad. Is he just too big to fly?

Those are how many games Zion has played in during each of his 4 years in the NBA.

This is just sad. There is zero doubt in my mind that he could be a MVP contender if he could ever get healthy.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post

Those are how many games Zion has played in during each of his 4 years in the NBA.

This is just sad. There is zero doubt in my mind that he could be a MVP contender if he could ever get healthy.
    At first I thought you were writing the name of the famous Chicago song and getting the numbers slightly wrong...