Page 48 of 72 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Owen Meany View Post
    Tatum, BANG! for the win!
    Tatum loves the big moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Owen Meany View Post
    Tatum, BANG! for the win! 110 -107 over the 76ers, with 1.3 seconds left. 18, 13 and 6 on an "off night". Down 13 in the 3rd. On prime time, national TV. Good for him, and Duke.
    I was still saying “wow” to his shot while Embiid hit that 75-footer that was just late- fun ending!

Quote Originally Posted by DevilHorse View Post
    Some news about Trevor Keels:
    https://twitter.com/NY_KnicksPR/stat...746690/photo/1

Larry
    DevilHorse
    From ESPN. The Knicks assigned Keels to the Westchester Knicks of the G League on Saturday, Steve Popper of Newsday reports.……
    Kyle gets BUCKETS!
    https://youtu.be/NJWPASQZqLc

Quote Originally Posted by AGDukesky View Post
    I was still saying “wow” to his shot while Embiid hit that 75-footer that was just late- fun ending!
    Yeah, that was pretty amazing. https://www.espn.com/video/clip/_/id/35737804 The Celtics seem to have the Sixers' number this year.

Lots of strong performances from Duke alums in the NBA last night, totalling 180 points and 3 double doubles, led by Mark Williams' monster 18 & 20 game (on 9/12 FGs) to lead CHO to the win!
    Marvin Bagley's triumphant return from injury was almost as good, 21 & 18, but on 9/19 FGs. Unfortunately it was not enough to help DET win.
    Tatum continues to build his MVP resume with 18 & 13 in the win for BOS over PHI and fellow MVP contender Embiid, whose amazing 3/4 heave was a fraction of a second too late to count. Tatum hit the game winning 3 btw...

Quote Originally Posted by AGDukesky View Post
    One of those two was going to hit the game-winning shot. They were the only ones shooting for the last few possessions.

In this case 3 > 2 as Embiid was mostly shooting 2 foul shots.

Quote Originally Posted by Furniture View Post
    From ESPN. The Knicks assigned Keels to the Westchester Knicks of the G League on Saturday, Steve Popper of Newsday reports.……
    I don't think that is accurate. At least I have not seen anything on it from anyone other than Popper. The Knicks official website still lists Trevor as being on the team on that 10-day contract. I'm not entirely certain a team can move a player down to the G-League in the middle of a 10-day contract. Plus, we would need to hear about some other move made by the Knicks as sending Trevor down would put them below the NBA threshold for players under contract.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    I don't think that is accurate. At least I have not seen anything on it from anyone other than Popper. The Knicks official website still lists Trevor as being on the team on that 10-day contract. I'm not entirely certain a team can move a player down to the G-League in the middle of a 10-day contract. Plus, we would need to hear about some other move made by the Knicks as sending Trevor down would put them below the NBA threshold for players under contract.
    He was assigned and played in a game today:
    https://stats.gleague.nba.com/game/2022200322/

You can assign a player under 10 day contract subject to all of the other rules of assignment. It does not affect the NBA roster at all. Heck, you could assign your entire team to your G League affiliate at the same time if you really wanted to.

Quote Originally Posted by awhom111 View Post
    He was assigned and played in a game today:
    https://stats.gleague.nba.com/game/2022200322/

You can assign a player under 10 day contract subject to all of the other rules of assignment. It does not affect the NBA roster at all. Heck, you could assign your entire team to your G League affiliate at the same time if you really wanted to.
    Ahhh, cool. Like I said in my post at 9am on Friday, I doubted the Knicks actually wanted to play Trevor when they signed him to the 10-day contract. It was all about required roster machination due to NBA rules.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Ahhh, cool. Like I said in my post at 9am on Friday, I doubted the Knicks actually wanted to play Trevor when they signed him to the 10-day contract. It was all about required roster machination due to NBA rules.
    It still reflects well on Trevor that they chose to pay him and not somebody else.

Quote Originally Posted by Phredd3 View Post
    It still reflects well on Trevor that they chose to pay him and not somebody else.
    Well the Knicks had both Trevor and 23-year old DaQuan Jeffries on 2-way contracts. The most financially friendly thing for the team to do was to convert one of those 2 players to a full contact (even for just 10 days). It costs less to convert a 2-way to a 10-day than to sign someone brand new to a 10-day. So, choosing between Trevor and DaQuan, they picked Trevor.

If the Knicks don't find another veteran to sign, after 20-days (a player can sign 2 10-day contracts) they could convert Trevor back to a 2-way deal and elevate DaQuan to a pair of 10-day deals. Though, given his age and potential, the Knicks are likely more interested in keeping Trevor happy and seeing how he develops.

There is also talk the Knicks may buy out the end of Derrick Rose's deal, which would require them to do even more shifty roster stuff to be at the CBA minimum number of full contracts.

Well the Knicks had both Trevor and 23-year old DaQuan Jeffries on 2-way contracts. The most financially friendly thing for the team to do was to convert one of those 2 players to a full contact (even for just 10 days). It costs less to convert a 2-way to a 10-day than to sign someone brand new to a 10-day. So, choosing between Trevor and DaQuan, they picked Trevor.

If the Knicks don't find another veteran to sign, after 20-days (a player can sign 2 10-day contracts) they could convert Trevor back to a 2-way deal and elevate DaQuan to a pair of 10-day deals. Though, given his age and potential, the Knicks are likely more interested in keeping Trevor happy and seeing how he develops.

There is also talk the Knicks may buy out the end of Derrick Rose's deal, which would require them to do even more shifty roster stuff to be at the CBA minimum number of full contracts.
    Green eyeshade decision: rookie contract is cheaper.

Well. Trevor made it onto the roster for tonight’s Knicks game vs The Celtics. So far he has not featured. Maybe he will get some mins at the the end of the game.
    Kyle gets BUCKETS!
    https://youtu.be/NJWPASQZqLc

Quote Originally Posted by Furniture View Post
    Well. Trevor made it onto the roster for tonight’s Knicks game vs The Celtics. So far he has not featured. Maybe he will get some mins at the the end of the game.
    Nope. The next few games are against competitive playoff teams... but they play Charlotte in a week and the Hornets are pretty much in the tank after Ball got hurt last night. Maybe the Knicks can build up a nice lead and let Trevor get into his second career NBA game.

ESPN's depth chart lists him as the 5th string small forward.

Interesting... the Knicks are signing Duane Washington Jr., who was recently waived by the Suns, to the 2-way contract slot that was held by Trevor Keels. This likely means they will keep Keels on a full contract for the rest of the year. I suppose it is possible they will just waive Keels at the end of the 10-day contract but that seems unlikely. Why give up on a young player like Trevor at this point in the season when holding onto him for another month or so means you get to keep his rights through the summer. It isn't like Keels was so awful in his G-league time that you would give up on him.

So, I see this as good news for Keels. Full NBA salary for the final couple months of the season and he likely gets a spot on the playoff roster too (assuming the Knicks don't go on a massive losing streak and miss the playoffs).

I just bumped into Mike Dunleavy Jr. a few minutes ago at Foster’s in Durham. He looks to be in great shape and has hardly aged.

Any chance he’s interviewing for a spot with the Duke basketball coaching staff?

Quote Originally Posted by Steven43 View Post
    I just bumped into Mike Dunleavy Jr. a few minutes ago at Foster’s in Durham. He looks to be in great shape and has hardly aged.

Any chance he’s interviewing for a spot with the Duke basketball coaching staff?
    Dunleavy is in the pantheon of greats for me, simply for his 3s in the final against Arizona if nothing else.

And there is plenty of "else."

Quote Originally Posted by Steven43 View Post

Would be a step down for him, I think. He is currently assistant GM of the Warriors and is likely to be in line for a GM job in the NBA at some point in the next several years. I doubt he is all that interested in being a college assistant coach at this point.

Keels in the game in a big Knicks blowout over the Nets. Garbage time, as the great Marv Albet called it.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNotCrazie View Post
    Keels in the game in a big Knicks blowout over the Nets. Garbage time, as the great Marv Albet called it.
    Chick Hearn