Page 44 of 72 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    A bit over the top, don't you think, for a team that plays Connaughton?
    Are the vast majority of White guys in the NBA bad at defense or is that an unfair stereotype?

Quote Originally Posted by Steven43 View Post
    Are the vast majority of White guys in the NBA bad at defense or is that an unfair stereotype?
    Dude...

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    A bit over the top, don't you think, for a team that plays Connaughton?
    What's over the top? Calling Allen the worst defender on the Bucks rotation? I don't think that's over the top at all if there is merit:

2021-22 Allen Defensive Win Shares / Defense Box Plus Minus: 1.4 / -0.2
    2021-22 Connaughton Defensive Win Shares / Defense Box Plus Minus: 1.6 / 0.3

Some articles discussing the Grayson targeting (note two of those articles are from a Bucks site and a Duke site):

https://balldurham.com/2022/05/16/du...allen-exposed/
    https://theathletic.com/4038011/2023...emma-and-more/
    https://behindthebuckpass.com/2022/0...-allen-game-7/
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Dude...
    It’s not my theory, MD. 😉

https://sixerswire.usatoday.com/2020...s-guarded-him/

I didn't say it was.

I actually don't think Allen is a terrible defender (nor is Connaughton). It's just that the Bucks have a lot of other quality defenders, so he's an obvious choice to pick on, and the Celtics in particular have great wing scorers, of whom Grayson is always going to have to guard one if he's on the court. Connaughton is bigger and stronger, so that gives him some tools that Grayson lacks. Both are actually very athletic (i.e. running and jumping), but not quick or long.

On offense, Grayson is a great outside shooter (much improved since college) and he can finish ok at the hoop with his athleticism (if he can get there). But he can't create his own shot, so when Middleton is out and Grayson is looked to as the second or third offensive weapon, he's easy to key in on and shut down. When he has more space to shoot and get into openings - as he did in the series with the Bulls - he's very effective.

Dude...
    I didn't say it was.
    Jimmy the Greek is trying to stand in his grave to salute
    Rich
    "Failure is Not a Destination"
    Coach K on the Dan Patrick Show, December 22, 2016

I like you Steven, but rest assured that I hope you get a TON OF NEGATIVE SPORKS for this post.

Unfair and stupid.

"White guys" who are among the top 20 in Defensive Win Shares this season: https://www.basketball-reference.com...ced_stats::dws

Brook Lopez
    Nikola Vučević
    Nikola Jokić
    Luka Dončić
    Ivica Zubac

Note, DWS is dominated by big men. Among the non-bigs who rank highly (top 60) in this stat:

Tyler Herro
    Alex Caruso
    Deni Avdija
    Josh Giddey
    John Konchar

--Jason "IMO, making race-based generalizations about anything is a terrible, terrible practice. I was sorely tempted to delete all these posts and issue severe infractions, but I will leave it up if only to show how wrong and stupid the original post is" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    I like you Steven, but rest assured that I hope you get a TON OF NEGATIVE SPORKS for this post.

Unfair and stupid.

"White guys" who are among the top 20 in Defensive Win Shares this season: https://www.basketball-reference.com...ced_stats::dws

Brook Lopez
    Nikola Vučević
    Nikola Jokić
    Luka Dončić
    Ivica Zubac

Note, DWS is dominated by big men. Among the non-bigs who rank highly (top 60) in this stat:

Tyler Herro
    Alex Caruso
    Deni Avdija
    Josh Giddey
    John Konchar

--Jason "IMO, making race-based generalizations about anything is a terrible, terrible practice. I was sorely tempted to delete all these posts and issue severe infractions, but I will leave it up if only to show how wrong and stupid the original post is" Evans
    I was simply asking a question based on what I’ve heard many others say over the years. I did not offer my personal opinion.

Honestly, I don’t have a strong opinion because I’m not very good at assessing defense. I mostly pay attention to offense.

I was simply asking a question based on what I’ve heard many others say over the years. I did not offer my personal opinion.

Honestly, I don’t have a strong opinion because I’m not very good at assessing defense. I mostly pay attention to offense.
    Ah. You're "just asking questions."

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post

Unfair and stupid.

Brook Lopez
    Nikola Vučević
    Nikola Jokić
    Luka Dončić
    Ivica Zubac

Tyler Herro
    Alex Caruso
    Deni Avdija
    Josh Giddey
    John Konchar

Not only is your post spot-on Jason, but your use of the tildas and the accent marks in those names is outSTANDing!

Quote Originally Posted by tommy View Post
    Not only is your post spot-on Jason, but your use of the tildas and the accent marks in those names is outSTANDing!
    Cut and paste is your friend.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Ah. You're "just asking questions."
    Yep, I was just seeing what some DBR opinions are on the subject. I was hoping to get some thoughtful responses, and Jason provided one.

In fact, he mentioned quite a few players that, frankly, I had never heard of. It showed me that my knowledge of the NBA is more limited than perhaps I had thought. Now, when I come across these players in the future I’ll be more apt to pay attention to them, particularly on the defensive side of the ball.

Yep, I was just seeing what some DBR opinions are on the subject. I was hoping to get some thoughtful responses, and Jason provided one.

In fact, he mentioned quite a few players that, frankly, I had never heard of. It showed me that my knowledge of the NBA is more limited than perhaps I had thought. Now, when I come across these players in the future I’ll be more apt to pay attention to them, particularly on the defensive side of the ball.
    Jason offered some good guidance about not repeating racial stereotypes as well. Don't lose that point, please.

I did not offer a thoughtful response, because it seemed a terrible question based in racism and without merit.

I hope that you saw all of Jason's post and not just the list of talented players.

Jason offered some good guidance about not repeating racial stereotypes as well. Don't lose that point, please.

I did not offer a thoughtful response, because it seemed a terrible question based in racism and without merit.

I hope that you saw all of Jason's post and not just the list of talented players.
    This, well said Jason.

Cam Reddish traded to Portland. Hopefully he finds his confidence. Dude is so talented.

Quote Originally Posted by nmduke2001 View Post
    Cam Reddish traded to Portland. Hopefully he finds his confidence. Dude is so talented.
    https://hoopshype.com/rumors/

He has been overlooked at the Hawks and the Knicks. Hope Cam can prove he can contribute in Portland.

Quote Originally Posted by nmduke2001 View Post
    finally! the Knicks buried him on the bench and wouldn't even play him, such a waste. I hope he gets off the bench in Portland and finds joy in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInBrasil View Post
    finally! the Knicks buried him on the bench and wouldn't even play him, such a waste. I hope he gets off the bench in Portland and finds joy in the game.
    That would be nice, DIB. I always liked Cam. And incidentally, I thought he looked better in that Duke uniform than anyone before or since. He looked like Superman on the court, didn’t he? And occasionally he even played like it.

But he is not just a physical specimen; Cam is a talented basketball player, and I have not given up on him. And believe it or not he is still only 23 years old. Good luck to you in Portland, Cam. 🤞

Kyrie, in his first game for Dallas, helping carry the burden of Luka being out. Mavericks lead by 3 early in the 4th.