Page 41 of 72 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by lotusland View Post
    So 2 guys that don’t play great defense and need the ball in their hands with Luca and Kyrie. What do the NBA fans on DBR think about that pairing?
    Not sure how well that will work, but I’ll certainly tune in.

Quote Originally Posted by AGDukesky View Post
    As a Mavs fan, I’m very disappointed. This will never work.
    Will never work. But gonna be fun to watch!

Both Kyrie and Luka play ‘okay’ defense at their best so it could work. Offensively, I think they’ll just trade off being the man. Until one of them asks for a trade…
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club

I think we can all assume KD is on the trade block as well.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDukie View Post
    I think we can all assume KD is on the trade block as well.
    Why? KD can take them pretty far in the east single-handedly. He was within a toe of beating the Bucks by himself the year they won the championship I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by kshepinthehouse View Post
    Why? KD can take them pretty far in the east single-handedly. He was within a toe of beating the Bucks by himself the year they won the championship I believe.
    I just assume he still wants out, like he did last summer. Feels to me like the Nets have decided to rebuild. I guess it will all depend on how Kevin feels at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDukie View Post
    I just assume he still wants out, like he did last summer. Feels to me like the Nets have decided to rebuild. I guess it will all depend on how Kevin feels at this point.
    Could be. Or Durant be secretly relieved to be rid of Irving.

I doubt KD gets moved, but if I’m the Warriors’ GM I’m at least making a call.

Quote Originally Posted by Matches View Post
    I doubt KD gets moved, but if I’m the Warriors’ GM I’m at least making a call.
    Would you give up Kuminga, Poole, wiseman, and moody?

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    That's the most Duke players at a home game that I can remember!

Caveat: I have a horrible memory and may have blocked out certain events from last year
    No idea what you’re talking about in regard to last year. 😜

As far as this year goes, last night was LOUD at times in Cameron, especially when Roach made that sensational drive to the basket with 24 seconds left and the game hanging in the balance. He blew by Davis and then switched to his left hand to avoid the block from Bacot on his right. He made it look easy, but it was anything but, particularly considering the situation.

My ears are still ringing a bit. Wouldn’t have it any other way, though.

All this talk but Simmons is still the Nets biggest problem

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Wow.

Kyrie won’t like being Luka’s sidekick anymore than he has like being anyone else’s sidekick.
    Teammates love him. He has had a prominent spot with the players union for ages. So has Chris Paul, so who knows.

Kyrie seems to be more of a problem with coaches, management, and fans that with other players.

Who knows. He is an enigma.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Teammates love him. He has had a prominent spot with the players union for ages. So has Chris Paul, so who knows.

Kyrie seems to be more of a problem with coaches, management, and fans that with other players.

Who knows. He is an enigma.
    He didn’t seem to be too loved by his former Celtics teammates. Can’t imagine he’s too popular in the Nets locker room right now either. Imagine being asked about all his shenanigans day in, day out, being forced to defend the indefensible, and then he bails in the middle of a playoff race? I suspect there’s at least a few dudes in that locker room who are relieved to see the back of him.

NBA Trade List

I know Bill Simmons isn't the most popular journalist (if you can call him that), but I always found his NBA Trade Value list one of the more entertaining reads: https://nbarankings.theringer.com/trade-value

3 Dukies in the top 15!
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by flyingdutchdevil View Post
    I know Bill Simmons isn't the most popular journalist (if you can call him that), but I always found his NBA Trade Value list one of the more entertaining reads: https://nbarankings.theringer.com/trade-value

3 Dukies in the top 15!
    I really enjoy columns like this by Simmons. It is a shame that he stopped writing as he was a very entertaining read (though his jokes started getting old and he started getting really full of himself). I don't like podcasts and much like some people have a face made for radio, he has a voice made for print (I have a similarly nasal voice so don't need to hear his) so I don't follow him as much as I did when he used to write.

I don't agree with all of his rankings, particularly some of the ones near the top of the column, but it is entertaining and directionally correct.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNotCrazie View Post
    I really enjoy columns like this by Simmons. It is a shame that he stopped writing as he was a very entertaining read (though his jokes started getting old and he started getting really full of himself). I don't like podcasts and much like some people have a face made for radio, he has a voice made for print (I have a similarly nasal voice so don't need to hear his) so I don't follow him as much as I did when he used to write.

I don't agree with all of his rankings, particularly some of the ones near the top of the column, but it is entertaining and directionally correct.
    Agreed with everything you said here.

What's amazing is Curry's staying power. Much like Lebron was a top 5 candidate on this list for 18+ years, I feel like Curry has been here for ~10.

Stephen A Smith is saying Durant is likely to get traded and claims Boston is his favorite. I know he is a questionable source but he claims Jaylen Brown could be going to Brooklyn.

Quote Originally Posted by BigZ View Post
    Stephen A Smith is saying Durant is likely to get traded and claims Boston is his favorite. I know he is a questionable source but he claims Jaylen Brown could be going to Brooklyn.
    I would not trade Jaylen Brown for Durant if I were the Celtics.

Agreed. But the Celtics want to win a title this year. Durant gets them that much closer.

Short term gain for long term pain, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by flyingdutchdevil View Post
    Agreed. But the Celtics want to win a title this year. Durant gets them that much closer.

Short term gain for long term pain, I guess.
    bad idea. Boston's chemistry is so good right now, and Brown is a big part of that. They're playing historically good defense and their offense is potent enough to beat anybody. Durant is a gifted offensive player and i don't know enough about his defense, though i assume it is better than average. However, good chemistry is not something a GM should be wanting to mess up.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInBrasil View Post
    bad idea. Boston's chemistry is so good right now, and Brown is a big part of that. They're playing historically good defense and their offense is potent enough to beat anybody. Durant is a gifted offensive player and i don't know enough about his defense, though i assume it is better than average. However, good chemistry is not something a GM should be wanting to mess up.
    That was last year. Earlier this season, they were playing historically good offense.

After 5+ seasons, Tatum and Brown are finally clicking. I agree the chemistry is good, but Durant is Durant. A top 15 scorer in NBA history who is still in his prime.

I'm not sure what I'd take. As guaranteed a title win this season WITH Durant or the option to win with a core of Tatum/Brown for the next decade?

Ask a Lakers fan if they'd still make the trade of AD, given it set into motion 1 natty and 3 years+ of ineptitude.

I don't know. Tough choice.