Page 40 of 72 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    I mean, whatever consequences Irving faces, he will have nine figures in the bank account.

He's a fascinating study in ego.
    Big deal - if you count my house I also have 9 figures worth of equity.

Oh, you meant 9 figures before the decimal point?? Never mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Skydog View Post
    Big deal - if you count my house I also have 9 figures worth of equity.

Oh, you meant 9 figures before the decimal point?
    Wow. That's still a nice house!

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Wow. That's still a nice house!
    That's peak 2022 house plus 30 years of 401k plus anticipated future poker earnings and of course one lucky lotto ticket.

Orlando is playing in Charlotte today which is why Paolo and Wendell were able to attend the game last night at Cameron. It was great of them to show their support and it looked like they had fun sitting in the student section!

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleBlue View Post
    Orlando is playing in Charlotte today which is why Paolo and Wendell were able to attend the game last night at Cameron. It was great of them to show their support and it looked like they had fun sitting in the student section!
    Mark Williams and Mason Plumlee were at the game too! So Charlotte was represented as well as Orlando.

I saw an article last night that had interviewed Paolo postgame. He said, paraphrasing, that he had come to see Jeremy get it done, and that the win over Carolina in Cameron had given him “closure”. It’s fun to see him and Mark supporting their former teammate.

Paolo is really an entertaining interview - for those who haven’t listened to him on JJ’s podcast in December, I highly recommend.

Quote Originally Posted by SavDukeGrad View Post
    Mark Williams and Mason Plumlee were at the game too! So Charlotte was represented as well as Orlando.

I saw an article last night that had interviewed Paolo postgame. He said, paraphrasing, that he had come to see Jeremy get it done, and that the win over Carolina in Cameron had given him “closure”. It’s fun to see him and Mark supporting their former teammate.

Paolo is really an entertaining interview - for those who haven’t listened to him on JJ’s podcast in December, I highly recommend.
    No Jordan? Seems like the UNC fans need to question his loyalty to the program.

Quote Originally Posted by dukelifer View Post
    No Jordan? Seems like the UNC fans need to question his loyalty to the program.
    Haha. No, but Cole Anthony, Drake Maye, and Sam Howell were there, apparently, behind their bench!

According to GoDuke, I think there were 19 former Duke players at the game last night. Many were older; only the younger fellas - Paolo, Mark, Wendell, Mason, and Bates Jones - were pictured in the locker room with the team after the game.

Also, isn’t it crazy to think that Mason played with both Jon Scheyer as a freshman, and Amile Jefferson as a senior.

Quote Originally Posted by SavDukeGrad View Post
    Haha. No, but Cole Anthony, Drake Maye, and Sam Howell were there, apparently, behind their bench!

According to GoDuke, I think there were 19 former Duke players at the game last night. Many were older; only the younger fellas - Paolo, Mark, Wendell, Mason, and Bates Jones - were pictured in the locker room with the team after the game.

Also, isn’t it crazy to think that Mason played with both Jon Scheyer as a freshman, and Amile Jefferson as a senior.
    That's the most Duke players at a home game that I can remember!

Caveat: I have a horrible memory and may have blocked out certain events from last year

Kyrie traded to Dallas

Quote Originally Posted by BigZ View Post
    Kyrie traded to Dallas
    So 2 guys that don’t play great defense and need the ball in their hands with Luca and Kyrie. What do the NBA fans on DBR think about that pairing?

Quote Originally Posted by lotusland View Post
    So 2 guys that don’t play great defense and need the ball in their hands with Luca and Kyrie. What do the NBA fans on DBR think about that pairing?
    It will be entertaining for sure

I'll watch.

Nets got a reasonably good return - better than having to take on Westbrook.

Quote Originally Posted by Matches View Post
    Nets got a reasonably good return - better than having to take on Westbrook.
    My guess is KD told Nets he didn’t want Westbrook

My guess is KD told Nets he didn’t want Westbrook
    I don’t think anyone needed to tell the Nets that they don’t want Westbrook.

Kyrie traded to Dallas
    Good riddance. One less headcase here in NYC. And I won’t even start on his other traits and biases. Already vetted a while ago.

Decent return. Dinwiddie was good for the Nets before. Slots in well.

Addition by subtraction.

(I’m a Knicks fan, anyhow.)

As a Mavs fan, I’m very disappointed. This will never work.

Quote Originally Posted by duke74 View Post
    Good riddance. One less headcase here in NYC. And I won’t even start on his other traits and biases. Already vetted a while ago.

Decent return. Dinwiddie was good for the Nets before. Slots in well.

Addition by subtraction.

(I’m a Knicks fan, anyhow.)
    Agreed - fellow Knicks fan but I am not anti-Nets. Good riddance. No need for all the drama. I liked Dinwiddie in his last stint with the Nets.

I assume both Kyrie and Luka were both asked whether they were OK with this before the trade was made. Mavs don't want to upset their franchise guy, and they don't want Kyrie if he doesn't want to be there. I'm also curious what Durant thinks.

Kyrie traded to Dallas
    Wow.

Kyrie won’t like being Luka’s sidekick anymore than he has like being anyone else’s sidekick.

Whoever traded for him would be smart to let the rest of the season be a trial before extending him