Page 28 of 72 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast
    @KendrickPerkins
    I’m convinced that Tyus Jones is a Starting PG in this League!!!! That man is a Floor General , Leader and a BUCKET!!! Carry the hell on…

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNotCrazie View Post
    Also the Gasols, Dominique and Gerald Wilkins, or Bernard and Albert King.
    i thought Albert King had the record for most records. LPs, 45s, CDs...
    Pretty amazing that he not only had sick guitar licks but also a slick shooting touch...

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInBrasil View Post
    i thought Albert King had the record for most records. LPs, 45s, CDs...
    Pretty amazing that he not only had sick guitar licks but also a slick shooting touch...
    And if Taylor King had only fulfilled his potential, the King brothers would have really dominated the record books...

In his third game in China, Quinn Cook had 54 points in 29 minutes:
    https://www.cbaleague.com/data/#/gam...14&isToMatch=0

Going 12 for 15 from beyond the arc helps.

About 150 feet in front of the Duke Chapel doors.
    So, the Grizzlies just jumped on the Bucks from the get-go tonight, winning the first quarter 33-18 and not looking back from there. They scored 47 points in the 3rd quarter and coasted to a 142-101 win. That seems like a pretty rare feat these days, and it resulted in some interesting statistics. The one that I noticed: Tyus Jones lead the Grizzlies with a +/- of +32 in only 19 minutes. That just seems extraordinary.
    JBDuke

Andre Dawkins: “People ask me if I can still shoot, and I ask them if they can still breathe. That’s kind of the same thing.”

Kyrie tonight won the game for the Nets (against the Raptors) with a 27-footer at the buzzer. He had a team-high 32 points.

The last 10 games, his stats have been 25 PPG, 5 RPG, 5 APG.

Nets are 10-3 since he came back from suspension — the best record in the NBA in that span.

Quote Originally Posted by AllenBuilding View Post
    Kyrie tonight won the game for the Nets (against the Raptors) with a 27-footer at the buzzer. He had a team-high 32 points.

Nets are 10-3 since he came back from suspension — the best record in the NBA in that span.
    FVV never stood a chance on that last bucket. In single coverage, Kyrie is getting a clean look.

Quote Originally Posted by awhom111 View Post
    In his third game in China, Quinn Cook had 54 points in 29 minutes:
    https://www.cbaleague.com/data/#/gam...14&isToMatch=0

Going 12 for 15 from beyond the arc helps.
    Wow. That’s some slick shooting no matter the league.

Kyle

Last year for Kyle in the NBA. The end of an era….

https://hoopshype.com/player/kyle-singler/salary/

He loves getting buckets…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJWPASQZqLc
    Last edited by Furniture; 12-17-2022 at 06:38 PM.
    Kyle gets BUCKETS!
    https://youtu.be/NJWPASQZqLc

Quote Originally Posted by AllenBuilding View Post

Two words: Contract Year.

Quote Originally Posted by Furniture View Post
    Last year for Kyle in the NBA. The end of an era….

https://hoopshype.com/player/kyle-singler/salary/

He loves getting buckets…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJWPASQZqLc
    I remember being amazed the first time I saw that Kyle “Buckets” video. Really cool stuff.

My son was in elementary school back then and used to love attending Singler’s games in Cameron. Kyle signed a Duke National Championship poster for him that he proudly displayed on his bedroom wall all through grade school and high school, until he moved to Boston for college last year.

Good times and great memories. 🏀

Point Zion

Zion continues to put up amazing numbers, and had several incredible buckets in the final minutes. 30 points and 9 assists is awesome, but couple with 6 turnovers. At one point the Pelicans were up 24, but the Suns made a furious combeback to put themselves up 7 with a couple of minutes left, which is when NOLA went to Zion over and over down the stretch and he did not falter. However, the Pels couldn't get stops down the stretch.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDukie View Post
    Two words: Contract Year.
    Among the criticisms that can be levied against Kyrie, I don't think this is a fair one. He's put up the same or even better numbers year after year. He's not having a contract year spike. He also turned down a +$100 million extension offer last year because of his vax conspiracy theory belief and gives away a ton of money to charities. He's motivated by some different things that aren't always basketball, but money doesn't seem to be tops on his list. So far, whenever he's missed chunks of time because of injuries, a Black Lives Matter sit-out, or his recent suspension for his clueless post, he's resumed being one of the best basketball players on the planet as soon as he's returned.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInBrasil View Post
    Zion continues to put up amazing numbers, and had several incredible buckets in the final minutes. 30 points and 9 assists is awesome, but couple with 6 turnovers. At one point the Pelicans were up 24, but the Suns made a furious combeback to put themselves up 7 with a couple of minutes left, which is when NOLA went to Zion over and over down the stretch and he did not falter. However, the Pels couldn't get stops down the stretch.
    That was a tough loss. Booker was crazy hot, and he also benefitted from 3 or 4 times where the defender was just backing away from him (including one where Alvarado should have been rewarded with a charge), but fouls were still called on NO. NBA officiating is better than college, but some star scorers sure can trick officials into foul calls. The Bucks are next for NO to complete a super tough 6-game stretch.

Quote Originally Posted by Duke79UNLV77 View Post
    That was a tough loss. Booker was crazy hot, and he also benefitted from 3 or 4 times where the defender was just backing away from him (including one where Alvarado should have been rewarded with a charge), but fouls were still called on NO. NBA officiating is better than college, but some star scorers sure can trick officials into foul calls. The Bucks are next for NO to complete a super tough 6-game stretch.
    Yeah, watched most of the game and Booker was just outstanding. Hard to guard -- maybe Brandon Ingram could check him at times? Really looking forward to seeing his return to the Pels and how he fits together with Zion and CJ McCollum.

Banchero with 22 points at the half vs. Celtics.

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleBlue View Post
    4 for 4 from 3

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleBlue View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hartford Dukie View Post
    4 for 4 from 3
    there were whispers of a nameless rumor while Paolo was at Duke that his game was better suited to the NBA than to college due to spacing etc. It's hard to argue that those rumors were wrong. He has been playing sooooooooooooooooooo much better than any of the other lottery picks.

what is a nameless rumor?

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    what is a nameless rumor?
    it's a line from LOTR, when Galadriel is explaining the history of the One Ring.

ed.- I sorta biffed the line. a quick google search reveals that it is: "Rumor grew of a shadow in the East, whispers of a nameless fear, and the Ring of Power perceived its time had come."