Page 20 of 72 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    When all is said and done, he is highly likely to be above $100 million in career earnings……enough money so that he and at least the next couple generations of Joneses will likely never need to worry about money their entire lives.
    It seems like large amounts of inherited wealth leads many people to become unmotivated and soft. That’s what I’ve witnessed, anyway.

That’s why I’m trying to do my kids a huge favor and make sure our (my wife and I) wealth is mostly spent by the time I’ve shuffled off this mortal coil. 😉

Just saw a blurb that Tatum (with 42 and counting) is the league's leading scorer at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by SkyBrickey View Post
    Just a shoutout for Tre Jones, starting PG for the Spurs, averaging 12.6 points, 6.4 assists and only 2.1 turnovers.

Great to see him having so much success. And you know he’s playing great defense every night!
    Just a little addendum to this: Tre is currently top 20 in the league in total assists, total steals, and free throw percentage. Fantastic season so far as a starter.

what a terrible night for Gary Trent Jr., 1-13 FGs, 0-5 3FGs.
    Marvin Bagley makes his season debut tonight, with 4pts, 4 rebs, and 2 blocks.
    Seth Curry with another big game, with 22 pts on 9-15 FGs.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Just saw a blurb that Tatum (with 42 and counting) is the league's leading scorer at the moment.
    Tatum now 3rd leading scorer for the season and both Zion and Paolo in top 20. I keep looking for Ex-Cheats, but NBA doesn’t make the list long enough.

Quote Originally Posted by arnie View Post
    Tatum now 3rd leading scorer for the season and both Zion and Paolo in top 20. I keep looking for Ex-Cheats, but NBA doesn’t make the list long enough.
    Maybe it was at a moment in time in that game. Regardless, pretty cool to see our guys excelling.

Cam Reddish with a great game in a losing effort vs. OKC. 26 pts, 10-17 FGs w/ 3-2-4-1, 2games after an 0fer. An all-around stat-stuffing effort.
    In the 3 games this year in which he's scored in double figures (26, 22, 11 pts) he's shooting 64%. In the other 10 games he's shooting 31.6%. Both of the games he scored above 20 pts he started, although he did start 2 other games. He's made more FGs in the 3 good games than he's made in the 10 bad games.
    Such a mercurial player. I wonder if it's a certain type of defender or defensive scheme that he thrives against.
    His ex-Duke running mate RJ Barrett had a forgettable night, shooting 2-10 FGs, for just 4 pts.

Quote Originally Posted by ratamero View Post
    Just a little addendum to this: Tre is currently top 20 in the league in total assists, total steals, and free throw percentage. Fantastic season so far as a starter.
    And I saw that Pop recently compared him to Manu. Quite the compliment!

I found the quote

"He's got a lot of those traits that Manu had," Popovich said of Jones after the win. "He just does things that win basketball games cause of his heart."

I have an humble request of the posters. Please put the team name with the Duke NBA player when discussing his performance. I am sure the I am not alone in not being able to keep up with all the players team affiliation. Thanks for your cooperation.

Quote Originally Posted by Indoor66 View Post
    I have an humble request of the posters. Please put the team name with the Duke NBA player when discussing his performance. I am sure the I am not alone in not being able to keep up with all the players team affiliation. Thanks for your cooperation.
    I'll try. It may help to bookmark/consult a list of Duke players in the NBA, like this one, and of course check grad_devil's essential Devils in the NBA page, a morning roundup of last night's box score lines for Duke players.

I captured this moment in time on ESPN's live scoreboard, just after Isaiah Stewart represented the Pistons and right before Mo Bamba represented the Magic:

topperformers.jpg

Click to enlarge and you'll see that Bagley, Plumlee, and Carter represent 3 of the 4 teams (Pistons, Hornets, and Magic, respectively). I'm no statistician, but I think that means that 75% of all top performers in the league went to Duke.

Zion is sitting out the Pels game tonight with the Grizzlies with a foot contusion. He is day-to-day so hopefully he plays tomorrow against the Bulls.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInBrasil View Post
    Cam Reddish with a great game in a losing effort vs. OKC. 26 pts, 10-17 FGs w/ 3-2-4-1, 2games after an 0fer. An all-around stat-stuffing effort.
    In the 3 games this year in which he's scored in double figures (26, 22, 11 pts) he's shooting 64%. In the other 10 games he's shooting 31.6%. Both of the games he scored above 20 pts he started, although he did start 2 other games. He's made more FGs in the 3 good games than he's made in the 10 bad games.
    Such a mercurial player. I wonder if it's a certain type of defender or defensive scheme that he thrives against.
    Quentin Grimes, a Thibs favorite, began the year injured which opened the door to more Cam playing time. If that had not happened, he might still be buried on the bench. Over the past two weeks, he's been starting over Fournier and steadily coming on as a key player for the Knicks. I am thrilled for him and hope he can keep it going. On the heels of that bad loss to OKC, the Knicks started a brutal west coast swing and inexplicably won against Utah last night and Cam had another solid effort, the plus/minus wasn't great but he still scored 19 in 33 minutes of a 7 point road win.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Dat View Post
    Quentin Grimes, a Thibs favorite, began the year injured which opened the door to more Cam playing time. If that had not happened, he might still be buried on the bench. Over the past two weeks, he's been starting over Fournier and steadily coming on as a key player for the Knicks. I am thrilled for him and hope he can keep it going. On the heels of that bad loss to OKC, the Knicks started a brutal west coast swing and inexplicably won against Utah last night and Cam had another solid effort, the plus/minus wasn't great but he still scored 19 in 33 minutes of a 7 point road win.
    Worth noting that Cam Reddish is on a contract year. He will be a restricted free agent next summer as the Knicks chose not to extend him. While I have no doubt he will find teams willing to sign him next season, his performance this year will determine if he gets offered like $2 mil/year or more like $12 mil/year. I think anything in between is possible depending on how consistently well Cam plays.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Worth noting that Cam Reddish is on a contract year. He will be a restricted free agent next summer as the Knicks chose not to extend him. While I have no doubt he will find teams willing to sign him next season, his performance this year will determine if he gets offered like $2 mil/year or more like $12 mil/year. I think anything in between is possible depending on how consistently well Cam plays.
    Very good point about his contract status. We know Cam fits the profile of the most coveted position in the NBA, 6'8" and above wings who can guard multiple positions and score at 3 levels (rim, midrange, 3). If he can hang on to his starting spot and the Knicks can hang around the playoff race, plus the incessant talk of the looming TV rights pushing the salary cap upward, it isn't crazy that average players of his ilk make $20MM per year. Fournier makes $18MM. RJ's going to be making $23MM-$30MM. Joe Harris makes $18MM. He has a very good shot at getting PAID!

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Dat View Post
    Very good point about his contract status. We know Cam fits the profile of the most coveted position in the NBA, 6'8" and above wings who can guard multiple positions and score at 3 levels (rim, midrange, 3). If he can hang on to his starting spot and the Knicks can hang around the playoff race, plus the incessant talk of the looming TV rights pushing the salary cap upward, it isn't crazy that average players of his ilk make $20MM per year. Fournier makes $18MM. RJ's going to be making $23MM-$30MM. Joe Harris makes $18MM. He has a very good shot at getting PAID!
    Yeah...$20M doesn't seem out of the question. If Cam continues to play this way - even with the inconsistency - someone will take a flyer on him (barring injury or off the court incident).
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club

Quote Originally Posted by flyingdutchdevil View Post
    Yeah...$20M doesn't seem out of the question. If Cam continues to play this way - even with the inconsistency - someone will take a flyer on him (barring injury or off the court incident).
    Cam is currently averaging 9ppg with less than 2 rebs and assists per game. He is a good defender, but not one that is a difference maker. He is hitting an ok, but not great 34% of his 3s.

He's had 2 good games in a row (19 points on 7-13 and 26 points on 10-17) but unless he is consistently going to be in the upper teens and low 20s, ain't nobody gonna pay him anywhere close to $20 mil per season. He's still young but has not shown himself to be someone who creates offense nor someone who pops on D. I stand by my earlier statement that, based on what we have seen thus far, he ain't getting teens/year in a new deal.

If he continues to plays well, I see him getting a 3-year $24 mil kinda deal. He would have to make a real leap to get much beyond that.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Cam is currently averaging 9ppg with less than 2 rebs and assists per game. He is a good defender, but not one that is a difference maker. He is hitting an ok, but not great 34% of his 3s.

He's had 2 good games in a row (19 points on 7-13 and 26 points on 10-17) but unless he is consistently going to be in the upper teens and low 20s, ain't nobody gonna pay him anywhere close to $20 mil per season. He's still young but has not shown himself to be someone who creates offense nor someone who pops on D. I stand by my earlier statement that, based on what we have seen thus far, he ain't getting teens/year in a new deal.

If he continues to plays well, I see him getting a 3-year $24 mil kinda deal. He would have to make a real leap to get much beyond that.
    I agree with this take. Given his minutes per game and size/length, anyone else think it’s downright bizarre he’s not grabbing 2+ reb per game? You’d think at least 2 per game would literally land in your hands. Would be interesting to see his per48 reb numbers against other SFs in the league. Has to be at or near the bottom in reb - and assists. All that said, I’m glad he’s getting a shot to start and prove himself.

I haven’t watched Cam play the past two seasons, but it sounds like he’s basically the same player he was at Duke. And it’s not particularly surprising.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven43 View Post
    I haven’t watched Cam play the past two seasons, but it sounds like he’s basically the same player he was at Duke. And it’s not particularly surprising.
    Upside is more promising at 18 than at 22...

(Ages were a guess)

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Upside is more promising at 18 than at 22...

(Ages were a guess)
    Cam's upside is that he can be a 20+ pt scorer. Cam's downside is that he puts up 0fers.
    He's had 4 10+ pt scoring games so far this year, and he's been pretty efficient in each of them. He's had 10 <10 pt games this year, and been very inefficient in those games. Fairly mixed bag.