Page 12 of 72 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast
    About 150 feet in front of the Duke Chapel doors.
    Does Michael Jordan tell his coaches to not play any Duke guys on his roster? When your team is getting demolished by an opposing center, and your primary and backup centers have proven to be ineffective in their defense against him, and you've got a THIRD center on your roster who is big and was an exceptional defender in college, and he doesn't get a single minute? Give Big Mike a chance, dude!
    JBDuke

Andre Dawkins: “People ask me if I can still shoot, and I ask them if they can still breathe. That’s kind of the same thing.”

Quote Originally Posted by JBDuke View Post
    Does Michael Jordan tell his coaches to not play any Duke guys on his roster? When your team is getting demolished by an opposing center, and your primary and backup centers have proven to be ineffective in their defense against him, and you've got a THIRD center on your roster who is big and was an exceptional defender in college, and he doesn't get a single minute? Give Big Mike a chance, dude!
    Who is Big Mike? Did Gminski come out of retirement? 😉

Quote Originally Posted by Steven43 View Post
    Who is Big Mike? Did Gminski come out of retirement? 😉
    Mike, Mark, or Mork - nobody rides for free.

Theo John was picked 16th in the G League draft by Capital City. He had started the season in Finland, but picked up an injury in the first game. It ended up taking longer than expected for him to recover so he and the team went their separate ways so hopefully he is at full health when the season starts in two weeks.

Jordan Tucker went undrafted.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Mike, Mark, or Mork - nobody rides for free.
    Mindy might.

Tatum vs Banchero

Nice article about Tatum vs Banchero from the Atlantic: https://www.google.com/amp/s/theathl...ero/%3Famp%3D1

Mainly about Tatum and his early season mindset.
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club

There was just no way Holmgren should have ever been the realistic 1 pick.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    There was just no way Holmgren should have ever been the realistic 1 pick.
    My impression from the first minute I saw him on the court was "oh god he looks fragile.". Though, to be fair, I thought the same thing about Brandon Ingram and Kevin Durant. Athletes with those long frames and spindly legs make me anxious.

Did Zion get hurt in the game tonight? I’ve come home and I see the Pelican’s game is in overtime, but Zion is nowhere to be seen. I fear the worst.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDukie View Post
    Did Zion get hurt in the game tonight? I’ve come home and I see the Pelican’s game is in overtime, but Zion is nowhere to be seen. I fear the worst.
    Ingram was hurt- concussion

Doubt if Zion has played since start 4th quarter. Wonder why, Had game on muted.

Twitter reports are saying he did not return due to injury but no details

Quote Originally Posted by 53n206 View Post
    Doubt if Zion has played since start 4th quarter. Wonder why, Had game on muted.
    He apparently fell on his hip - he said he was okay but they decided not to play him

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    My impression from the first minute I saw him on the court was "oh god he looks fragile.". Though, to be fair, I thought the same thing about Brandon Ingram and Kevin Durant. Athletes with those long frames and spindly legs make me anxious.
    But we were told that Holmgren was in line with Durant and Ingram skill wise. I mean, he wasn't on their level skill wise, obviously, but he was closer to that level of skill/ability, as well as being very athletic.

He wasn't. On either count. He was nowhere near as skilled as Ingram or Durant at the same stage. No where close. Nor was he particularly athletic. He's tall.

The "book" on Holmgren was that he was a 7ft tall SF. Possibly even a wing.

He's not. Skill wise he's a face up 4 who is a decent 3pt shooter. For his position, so he's a decent 3pt shooter relative to that low bar. And while we knew he was skinny/frail (we have eyes), fans were sort of told that Chet made up in speed what he lacked in size or strength.

Again, nope. He was a little quicker than some other PF/C. But it's not like he was incredibly quick or athletic. Certainly not enough to offset his lack of size.

Conversely, when you watched KD or Ingram it was obvious that they were ballers. True SFs or Wings even as they approached (or exceeded) 6-10. Both are far more skilled than Chet. The difference is huge.

I worried about this on draft night. Except for the presence of Ball, Mark getting drafted in Charlotte was an unmitigated disaster for a bunch of reasons. And I'm really worried that Ball is gearing up to force his way out of Charlotte, which might doom Mark.

Quote Originally Posted by HayYou View Post
    But we were told that Holmgren was in line with Durant and Ingram skill wise. I mean, he wasn't on their level skill wise, obviously, but he was closer to that level of skill/ability, as well as being very athletic.

He wasn't. On either count. He was nowhere near as skilled as Ingram or Durant at the same stage. No where close. Nor was he particularly athletic. He's tall.

The "book" on Holmgren was that he was a 7ft tall SF. Possibly even a wing.

He's not. Skill wise he's a face up 4 who is a decent 3pt shooter. For his position, so he's a decent 3pt shooter relative to that low bar. And while we knew he was skinny/frail (we have eyes), fans were sort of told that Chet made up in speed what he lacked in size or strength.

Again, nope. He was a little quicker than some other PF/C. But it's not like he was incredibly quick or athletic. Certainly not enough to offset his lack of size.

Conversely, when you watched KD or Ingram it was obvious that they were ballers. True SFs or Wings even as they approached (or exceeded) 6-10. Both are far more skilled than Chet. The difference is huge.
    Curious as to how you’re determining these things about Holmgren considering……HE HASN’T PLAYED AN NBA GAME YET!

I’m not questioning the specifics of what you’re saying — you might well be correct. I’m just wondering how you could possibly know.

And I hope you’re not going to mention observing him play in a few preseason games. 😉

Williamson was cleanly blocked. Hope Zion can recover. A hip contusion recovery is as follows. The length of time it'll take to recover varies depending upon the severity of your injury and the depth of the contusion. It may take as long as two to four weeks to recover fully. You can return to normal activities as soon as you feel able. Ingram collided with his teammate. Have no idea how long he may be out. Pelicans are a good team, but these injuries are not good.

Quote Originally Posted by heyman25 View Post
    Williamson was cleanly blocked. Hope Zion can recover. A hip contusion recovery is as follows. The length of time it'll take to recover varies depending upon the severity of your injury and the depth of the contusion. It may take as long as two to four weeks to recover fully. You can return to normal activities as soon as you feel able. Ingram collided with his teammate. Have no idea how long he may be out. Pelicans are a good team, but these injuries are not good.
    It was a clean block and Zion landed awkwardly on his hip or backside, and he was clearly in pain, but he got up and walked it off fairly quick. I expected him to get back in the game but I presume the medical staff advised otherwise. They probably want to see how he feels today but I'm hoping its a short recovery.

Does Michael Jordan tell his coaches to not play any Duke guys on his roster? !
    The Hornets’ starting C is Mason Plumlee, so a Duke bias seems unlikely. I suspect Williams has some work to do to move up the depth chart. Hopefully he can get more run as the season progresses. The Hornets are actually playing pretty well right now despite being short handed.