Page 55 of 72 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,100 of 1430
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Yeah, he lost much of 2 years to injuries in his late 20s, but was a NBA regular from the age of 20 until the age of 34. If that ain't longevity, I don't know what is. Dude was a starter who averaged 13-15 pts and 7-9 rebs into his early 30s. I mean, what does it take to be a grizzled vet if not that?
    Brand ultimately had a long career, but unfortunately, the injuries hit him right in his prime and he never fully recovered. From '03-'04 to '06-'07, he averaged 21/10 and 2.3 blocks, and was Second Team All-NBA in '06. After the injury at age 28, his best season was 15 and 8. No reason to think that, but for the injuries, he wouldn't have had several more 20/10 seasons and been one of the best big men in the league into his 30s.

Marvin Bagley with a season best 31 points (career high is 32), with 8 rebounds, 3 steals, 2 blocks, and zero TOs in Pistons loss to Hawks. Most notable about Bagley's night was hitting a career high 4 of 5 from 3. Since returning from his 20-game absence on Feb. 25, Bagley has averaged 13.4 points and 8.4 rebounds while shooting 52% overall in his nine games leading up to Tuesday.

A.J. had 12 for the Hawks.
    Last edited by Hartford Dukie; 03-21-2023 at 11:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hartford Dukie View Post
    Marvin Bagley with a season best 31 points (career high I believe is 32), with 8 rebounds, 3 steals, 2 blocks, and zero TOs in Pistons loss to Hawks. Most notable about Bagley's night was hitting 4 of 5 from 3. A.J. had 12 for the Hawks.
    Marvin Bagley was 4-5 from three-point range in an NBA game??

Quote Originally Posted by Steven43 View Post
    Marvin Bagley was 4-5 from three-point range in an NBA game??
    yeah, he's a career 29% 3FG shooter, and even worse this year. in his 5 years in the NBA he's been a decent 3FG shoote once and a non-liability once. Otherwise...well, the upside is that he's better than MP2...

About 150 feet in front of the Duke Chapel doors.
    Apparently, Jack White has been tearing it up in the G League - averaging 26.8 pts and 11.4 boards over his last five games.

https://www.melbourneutd.com.au/news...listering-form
    JBDuke

Andre Dawkins: “People ask me if I can still shoot, and I ask them if they can still breathe. That’s kind of the same thing.”

Quote Originally Posted by JBDuke View Post
    Apparently, Jack White has been tearing it up in the G League - averaging 26.8 pts and 11.4 boards over his last five games.

https://www.melbourneutd.com.au/news...listering-form
    I sure do wish that Jack hadn't gotten snake-bit his Sr. at Duke, coulda been an amazing season...
    Jack's G-league performance vs NBA performance is indicative of how large of a difference there is between the two, and how unimpressive Trevor Keels' NBA prospects are at this point. Every Duke player who has made it to the NBA who needed to show their chops in the G-league has absolutely destroyed the G-league, including most recently Mark Williams and now Jack White. Keels has put up nice numbers, but only marginally better than his numbers at Duke. Trevor has scored a basket in the NBA, and very well could make another year-end appearance...

Also, Cam Reddish has gotten a new lease on his career in POR. While not mind-blowing, his productivity is solidly in the "stay in the NBA" category. His numbers in POR (only 17 games) are all above his career averages, and are largely better or nearly so than his career bests.
    Last edited by DukieInBrasil; 03-23-2023 at 07:26 AM. Reason: Cam

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInBrasil View Post
    I sure do wish that Jack hadn't gotten snake-bit his Sr. at Duke, coulda been an amazing season...
    Jack's G-league performance vs NBA performance is indicative of how large of a difference there is between the two, and how unimpressive Trevor Keels' NBA prospects are at this point. Every Duke player who has made it to the NBA who needed to show their chops in the G-league has absolutely destroyed the G-league, including most recently Mark Williams and now Jack White. Keels has put up nice numbers, but only marginally better than his numbers at Duke. Trevor has scored a basket in the NBA, and very well could make another year-end appearance...
    Yeah, the gulf between leagues levels is really huge. I suspect that the absolute worst G-League team would win the NCAA title in a cakewalk (much of this is due to the age/experience of the G-League players). The worst NBA team would not only never lose a game to anyone in the G-League, I suspect the NBA team would win every game by 15+ points (depends on how bored the NBA team would get playing such inferior competition). Heck, you could take a team comprised of nothing but 10-12th men in the NBA, guys basically not in the rotation, and it would dominate against G-Leaguers.

If you are not crushing against G-League players, you are not ready to even occupy the end of the bench for a NBA team.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Yeah, the gulf between leagues levels is really huge. I suspect that the absolute worst G-League team would win the NCAA title in a cakewalk (much of this is due to the age/experience of the G-League players). The worst NBA team would not only never lose a game to anyone in the G-League, I suspect the NBA team would win every game by 15+ points (depends on how bored the NBA team would get playing such inferior competition). Heck, you could take a team comprised of nothing but 10-12th men in the NBA, guys basically not in the rotation, and it would dominate against G-Leaguers.

If you are not crushing against G-League players, you are not ready to even occupy the end of the bench for a NBA team.
    Which is why I hate it when people say stuff like "Alabama football is practically an NFL team". It's just absurd. Even the Tide would get absolutely rolled, every time.

Quote Originally Posted by Phredd3 View Post
    Which is why I hate it when people say stuff like "Alabama football is practically an NFL team". It's just absurd. Even the Tide would get absolutely rolled, every time.
    In general I completely agree with this, but I think it's worth noting that in the Drew League (a pro-am tournament in LA over the summer) NBA players do get beaten by non-professionals. Obviously it's an exhibition, no practices, NBA players probably aren't going 100% to avoid injury, but I do think it's interesting that they're not as dominant as you might think.
    Trinity '09

Quote Originally Posted by CrazieDUMB View Post
    In general I completely agree with this, but I think it's worth noting that in the Drew League (a pro-am tournament in LA over the summer) NBA players do get beaten by non-professionals. Obviously it's an exhibition, no practices, NBA players probably aren't going 100% to avoid injury, but I do think it's interesting that they're not as dominant as you might think.
    Comparing the Drew league to an organized basketball game is laughable. The Drew and other summer leagues are a lot of fun and guys put on shows all the time, but it is apples and oranges to high-level organized basketball.

And what typically happens is that a NBA player gets shown up by a nobody for a play or two and then the NBA player decides to actually try and he goes for 30 points in the next ten minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Phredd3 View Post
    I love this debate. A great Bama or UGA team might have as many as 10 guys on the squad who will someday be NFL starters. That would be incredible!

This just in, a NFL team has 22 NFL starters and the bench players are guys who used to be stars on their college teams (when they were several years younger and not nearly as strong or skilled). Bama would lose to a bad NFL team by 30.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Comparing the Drew league to an organized basketball game is laughable. The Drew and other summer leagues are a lot of fun and guys put on shows all the time, but it is apples and oranges to high-level organized basketball.

And what typically happens is that a NBA player gets shown up by a nobody for a play or two and then the NBA player decides to actually try and he goes for 30 points in the next ten minutes.

I love this debate. A great Bama or UGA team might have as many as 10 guys on the squad who will someday be NFL starters. That would be incredible!

This just in, a NFL team has 22 NFL starters and the bench players are guys who used to be stars on their college teams (when they were several years younger and not nearly as strong or skilled). Bama would lose to a bad NFL team by 30.
    Ahhh...the Scalabrine effect.

How much would TCU lose by?

Brandon Ingram with a big double-doulbe last night: 31-11-10, and he even threw in a steal for good measure, in NOLA's win over CHO.
    Paolo Banchero continues putting up nice numbers in ORL. He's averaging 20ppg on the season, but his shooting %s aren't so hot, and just 28.6% from 3. OTOH, Wendell Carter continues to put up solid numbers, going for 16 alongside PB. At this point it'd be pretty hard to argue that Wendell has not had a better NBA career than Bagley.

Brandon Ingram with a big double-doulbe last night: 31-11-10, and he even threw in a steal for good measure, in NOLA's win over CHO.
    Paolo Banchero continues putting up nice numbers in ORL. He's averaging 20ppg on the season, but his shooting %s aren't so hot, and just 28.6% from 3. OTOH, Wendell Carter continues to put up solid numbers, going for 16 alongside PB. At this point it'd be pretty hard to argue that Wendell has not had a better NBA career than Bagley.
    You mean a big triple-double and impressively zero turnovers too

At this point it'd be pretty hard to argue that Wendell has not had a better NBA career than Bagley.
    Marvin has been so crushed by injuries. After playing 62 games as a rookie, he is yet to have a season where he appeared in more than 48 games. He's had flashes and moments for Detroit this year -- including 31 pts, 8 rebs, 2 blk, 3 st against my Hawks this week -- but the constant injury breaks make it hard for any team to count on him too much.

Quote Originally Posted by AGDukesky View Post
    You mean a big triple-double and impressively zero turnovers too
    yes, triple! brain farts and all. Zero turnovers is also highly impressive!

Marvin has been so crushed by injuries. After playing 62 games as a rookie, he is yet to have a season where he appeared in more than 48 games. He's had flashes and moments for Detroit this year -- including 31 pts, 8 rebs, 2 blk, 3 st against my Hawks this week -- but the constant injury breaks make it hard for any team to count on him too much.
    Undoubtedly true re: injuries. But, that's part of how careers are anaylyzed. Had Pete Maravich not ruined his knees... Had Grant Hill not had nearly a decade of his career crippled by injuries...
    Still Bagley's best season (his rookie season) is statistically less impressive than Carter's best season (pick between this year and last year). I'd love to see what Bagley could do if he could make it thru a few seasons in a row without serious loss of time due to injury.

Grayson had a season and game high 25 points, including 5-9 from 3, in 22 minutes to help the Bucs run away from the Jazz, 144-116. He took 14 shots - been quite some time since he took that many shots in a game.

Luke Kennard hit 10-11 from three and set a Grizzly franchise record in a rout of the Rockets. He got a standing ovation when he left the game. Only two other players in NBA history have hit 10-11 from three.

Quote Originally Posted by WV_Iron_Duke View Post
    Luke Kennard hit 10-11 from three and set a Grizzly franchise record in a rout of the Rockets. He got a standing ovation when he left the game. Only two other players in NBA history have hit 10-11 from three.
    Spectacular performance and was leading the NBA in 3-pt FG % prior to this game. Kennard hitting over 48% from 3 and should win this stat for the season.

Quote Originally Posted by arnie View Post
    Spectacular performance and was leading the NBA in 3-pt FG % prior to this game. Kennard hitting over 48% from 3 and should win this stat for the season.
    NICE!!! He must have listened to the spectral voice of Obi-Wan (use the force Luke!)
    In 17 games for MEM, including last night's 10-11 showing, he's shooting almost 55% from 3!!!