Page 64 of 72 FirstFirst ... 14546263646566 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,280 of 1430
    Quote Originally Posted by Indoor66 View Post
    So, I understand what you are saying is that all of the current talk is speculation based on Zion's failure to satisfy some parties desire to have information that has not been made public? How entitled we have become.
    I don't think you are understanding my point.

He absolutely doesn't owe anyone anything. What I'm saying is that if he isn't forthcoming about things, the fact is that people will make their own determination about what is happening. I'm not suggesting that it's fair or right, but it sure seems to be the truth.

Again, he's a young man who is in a very awkward situation. What I saw when he was in a Duke uniform doesn't in any way suggest that he is lazy, out of shape, or uninterested in playing basketball. But that's what's being said, and until he refuses it or gets back on the court - it will continue being said.

Mtn Devil has spoken for himself, but I will add my views. Harrumph!! Zion, I would argue, is unique in all basketball history as an outstanding combination of strength and power, athleticism, and skill. Many people would agree with a good bit of that. He has the beginnings of a world-wide fan base.

It is in his own interest to communicate to his fans and the basketball world at large his eagerness to return to the court.

I can't understand why he doesn't. And I would also note he has made some poor decisions in the past, such as in contracts. I am inclined to think he is being advised poorly.

I have met him twice, and he seemed to be nice and genuine. I wish him nothing but the best

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post

I can't understand why he doesn't. And I would also note he has made some poor decisions in the past, such as in contracts. I am inclined to think he is being advised poorly.

I have met him twice, and he seemed to be nice and genuine. I wish him nothing but the best
    I hear this over and over. That he is really a very humble and shy person. Which are perfectly fine attributes. But I absolutely agree that he needs someone on his team that can help with these communication issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    I hear this over and over. That he is really a very humble and shy person. Which are perfectly fine attributes. But I absolutely agree that he needs someone on his team that can help with these communication issues.
    I always thought that one of the major selling points of going to Duke was becoming part of the Brotherhood and tapping into the network. One would think that there are a lot of resources available to him through Duke that could help him choose good advisors. He might have been well served to have gone to K Academy to spend time with some of the other more experienced alums. I don't know if it K's style to impose himself on people or wait for them to come to him - I think Zion could use a little guidance. The situation is far from horrible but it could be a lot better.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNotCrazie View Post
    I always thought that one of the major selling points of going to Duke was becoming part of the Brotherhood and tapping into the network. One would think that there are a lot of resources available to him through Duke that could help him choose good advisors. He might have been well served to have gone to K Academy to spend time with some of the other more experienced alums. I don't know if it K's style to impose himself on people or wait for them to come to him - I think Zion could use a little guidance. The situation is far from horrible but it could be a lot better.
    Zion is 22 years old- turns 23 in July. I am not sure of you all, but I didn’t have it all figured out at 22. Many NBA players did not even start their careers until they were 22. He has basically played as many games in the pros as he would have played in college. Hopefully he will realize his potential as a player but he is still figuring it all out as a young man- much like his buddy Ja Morant.

Quote Originally Posted by dukelifer View Post
    Zion is 22 years old- turns 23 in July. I am not sure of you all, but I didn’t have it all figured out at 22. Many NBA players did not even start their careers until they were 22. He has basically played as many games in the pros as he would have played in college. Hopefully he will realize his potential as a player but he is still figuring it all out as a young man- much like his buddy Ja Morant.
    I’m almost 30 years older than Zion and still haven’t figured it out

Quote Originally Posted by dukelifer View Post
    I tend to be a bit contrarian as y'all probably recognize by now. Appreciate that I don't get flamed for that.

Zion is young chronologically. But he's probably 25% - 50% through his primary career. From that perspective, he's in his 30s - 40s. I don't think he has much more time to "figure it out."

Someone upthread mentioned he needs to be surrounded by the right folks. I think that's right. My guess is that structure may best be imposed by the Pels rather than Z's friends/family.

Quote Originally Posted by bluedevilwildcats View Post
    I tend to be a bit contrarian as y'all probably recognize by now. Appreciate that I don't get flamed for that.

Zion is young chronologically. But he's probably 25% - 50% through his primary career. From that perspective, he's in his 30s - 40s. I don't think he has much more time to "figure it out."

Someone upthread mentioned he needs to be surrounded by the right folks. I think that's right. My guess is that structure may best be imposed by the Pels rather than Z's friends/family.
    Zion does appear have a nice cushion to fall back on as he figures it out.

Linky - "Zion Williamson signed a 5 year / $194,300,000 contract with the New Orleans Pelicans, including $194,300,000 guaranteed, and an annual average salary of $38,860,000."

Money isn't everything, but it can help.

I have begun to fear (without much evidence, of course) that his unique physique simply can't stand up to the rigors of a sustained NBA season. I hope I'm wrong...even when he's trimmed down there's so much stress on that body.

I suspect that everyone here is rooting for the young man. In fact, even UNC fans I know are hoping it comes together for him.

He certainly has as much upside as anyone in the league.

Zion is not yet 23 years of age and he’s perhaps halfway “through his primary career”? Huh?? 🤔

Quote Originally Posted by Steven43 View Post
    Zion is not yet 23 years of age and he’s perhaps halfway “through his primary career”? Huh?? ��
    He's been in the NBA for four years. My guess is he is out w/in 10 years given his history of injuries. So he's 40% of the way done. Translate that to a typical career that starts at 22 and he's about 40.

My point is that someone in their late 30s to mid 40s, we wouldn't say they still have plenty of time to figure it out. Zion needs to have a sense of urgency instilled in him, one way or the other.

He's been in the NBA for four years. My guess is he is out w/in 10 years given his history of injuries. So he's 40% of the way done. Translate that to a typical career that starts at 22 and he's about 40.

My point is that someone in their late 30s to mid 40s, we wouldn't say they still have plenty of time to figure it out. Zion needs to have a sense of urgency instilled in him, one way or the other.
    I think your suppositions about where Zion is in his career will prove to be off, I think by a lot. We shall see.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven43 View Post
    I think your suppositions about where Zion is in his career will prove to be off, I think by a lot. We shall see.
    I don't often hope I'm wrong, but do in Zion's case, hands-down my favorite Duke player.

Quote Originally Posted by Indoor66 View Post
    I'm not trying to be contrarian (this time), but what do we ACTUALLY know about the situation with Zion? What do we know about his health, workout routines, effort, conversations with Pelicans management. I am not aware of an actual statements of individuals with actual knowledge about the situation. Does anyone?
    A number of past and current teammates have commented. That’s why I said enough players in the know are saying something that I worry something is actually up versus idle speculation.

In other news, Zion is going to be a father. Congrats big fella.

https://www.si.com/nba/pelicans/nba/zion-williamson-released-gender-reveal-video-pelicans

Unless Zion's injuries are incapacitating, and they have not been, I expect Zion to play well into his 30's, although maybe missing a lot of games, as he has to date.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    A number of past and current teammates have commented. That’s why I said enough players in the know are saying something that I worry something is actually up versus idle speculation.

In other news, Zion is going to be a father. Congrats big fella.

https://www.si.com/nba/pelicans/nba/...video-pelicans
    3 seconds on Google found this: https://basketballforever.com/2023/0...her-shady-past

That fight she had with another woman...sigh.

3 seconds on Google found this: https://basketballforever.com/2023/0...her-shady-past

That fight she had with another woman...sigh.
    Yikes. Hope it works out for our man Zion.

I thought sex was supposed to cause weight loss.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Yikes. Hope it works out for our man Zion.
    His other girlfriend seems pretty upset. And is willing to be quite graphic about it. I won’t link to it because it is absolutely not DBR-safe, but her name is Moriah Mills.

Man I love Zion but his public image is taking a durn beating.