Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by billwh View Post
    Can someone explain to me why WRAL in Raleigh does not even bother to mention the Duke-Virginia game in the "teams affected" by the hurricane. I find this really annoying. I realize that the Raleigh station has never been a fan of Duke sports, but you would think they would at least mention what will happen with the Duke game given the hurricane. There are several internet articles up on the their web site, and not one of them mentions Duke. WRAL seems to be moving further away from Duke, and focusing on their viewer base - but maybe I should expect that. Thanks.
    There is no explanation. Wiseman still submits Duke articles for N&O, but guess no one at RAL cares.

It is ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by HereBeforeCoachK View Post
    I kinda like that look...
    I agree! Easily my favorite color combo.
    Man, if your Mom made you wear that color when you were a baby, and you're still wearing it, it's time to grow up!

Can someone explain to me why WRAL in Raleigh does not even bother to mention the Duke-Virginia game in the "teams affected" by the hurricane. I find this really annoying. I realize that the Raleigh station has never been a fan of Duke sports, but you would think they would at least mention what will happen with the Duke game given the hurricane. There are several internet articles up on the their web site, and not one of them mentions Duke. WRAL seems to be moving further away from Duke, and focusing on their viewer base - but maybe I should expect that. Thanks.
    They are too busy setting up live crews by Crabtree Valley Mall for drop-by-drop coverage of Ian. It was the only NC team not mentioned on other media outlets. Even Wake's trip to Tallahassee made the cut.

Perhaps it's because they feel that the Duke game will not be affected by the storm? (knock on wood)

The latest info I see on AccuWeather and WeatherUnderground tracker shows the storm centered somewhere in western Virginia/West Virginia by tomorrow evening, thus it might not have an effect on the game at all. The hourly forecasts for 6pm on in Durham are partly cloudy, with skies clearing up somewhere in the 8-9 pm range, with around a 15% or so chance of rain during the 6-7 pm hours, and wind gusts of around 6 mph. Rainfall earlier in the day while Ian's eastern rain bands pass through appears to be in the 4- to 6-inch range per current forecast, as the center of the storm is projected to be well west of the Triangle. As hallcity noted below, the field's drainage system should easily be able to handle that amount (again, knock on wood). So hopefully JD's preview on the front page is wildly inaccurate (indicating a trench warfare affair due to messy weather conditions). We shall see, but at the moment the prognosis looks encouraging.

I just hope that our shaky pass defense is just what UVA's dormant offense is looking for. I agree, the field should be fine...

Quote Originally Posted by Bluedog View Post
    Yep, hard to know...storm can change paths pretty easily.

I'm using Weather Underground which still predicts 0.00-inch (i.e. no) rain between 7pm-8pm with 5mph winds...it shows the worst of it being 9-10pm Friday night with 0.2" rainfall/hr and 20+mph sustained winds...total rain of 2.5" over the day (mostly Friday)...we shall see. Oddly, I find Accuweather to almost always give a 40-60% chance of precipiation in my area when there's any threat of some rain. I don't get it. Make a prediction! I see them saying 55% chance of precipitation in the "evening" (0.05" total) with sustained 24 mph and 38mph wind gusts at this moment. (With precipitation in the afternoon at 90%+). I'm not sure when "Afternoon" ends and "evening" begins. We'll see who is right!

https://www.wunderground.com/forecast/us/nc/durham
    https://www.accuweather.com/en/us/du...t/329821?day=3
    Seems like accuweather again (incorrectly) predicted an overly "wet" forecast. They have since updated to align more with wunderground. No rain starting around 2pm tomorrow with wind gusts at 7 mph...which is what wunderground predicted a couple days ago.

I moved. Now 12 miles from Heaven, 13 from Hell
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluedog View Post
    Seems like accuweather again (incorrectly) predicted an overly "wet" forecast. They have since updated to align more with wunderground. No rain starting around 2pm tomorrow with wind gusts at 7 mph...which is what wunderground predicted a couple days ago.
    WRAL is now saying the worst is over by 8PM here, and periods of dry weather are expected for Saturday:

Mostly cloudy with a few showers, especially during the morning. Any afternoon plans may actually have a decent amount of dry-time. Highs make it into the low to mid 70s.

Overnight
    Partly cloudy skies with a small chance for a few showers. Lows in the upper 50s-lower 60s.

Sunrise: 7:09 AM - Sunset: 6:58 PM - Windspeed: 10 MPH

Quote Originally Posted by arnie View Post
    There is no explanation. Wiseman still submits Duke articles for N&O, but guess no one at RAL cares.

It is ridiculous.
    Ha! The Greensboro News and Record, and the Greensboro/Winston Salem TV stations rarely mention Duke in their sports sections/reports.
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

I'm a little confused about WRAL--is there a difference between "WRAL" and "WRALSportsFan"? WRALSportsFan covers Duke regularly and has the school on the home page banner as a main topic, just like UNC and NCSU.

Jim Sumner on the start of ACC play:

https://jimsumner.substack.com/p/is-...y-for-acc-play
    Bob Green

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    I had a very nice wet and windy day at home to prepare for a nice weather tailgate and kickoff tomorrow.

Can't wait to watch Elko's ACC debut!
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    Jim Sumner on the start of ACC play:

https://jimsumner.substack.com/p/is-...y-for-acc-play
    Surely it violates no DBR or DBR-actual-owner policies to note that Jim’s subscription offerings are live? I subscribed today.

Quote Originally Posted by AustinDevil View Post
    Surely it violates no DBR or DBR-actual-owner policies to note that Jim’s subscription offerings are live? I subscribed today.
    So did I. Very reasonable price for the best articles available on Duke sports.
    Bob Green

Yeah, for a long time I thought to myself that I’d happily pay for what Jim would post on the message board. This was my chance to actually do it!

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    So did I. Very reasonable price for the best articles available on Duke sports.
    I’m seriously thinking n just want some clarification. What is the difference between annual membership n a founding membership? Curious if anyone knows.

Quote Originally Posted by ehdg View Post
    I’m seriously thinking n just want some clarification. What is the difference between annual membership n a founding membership? Curious if anyone knows.
    $60.00 per year.

Quote Originally Posted by Bay Area Duke Fan View Post
    $60.00 per year.
    A number of people have told me they would be willing to subscribe at that price point and this simply gives them a chance to show their support and do so. No extra benefit. Other than sincere thanks.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    A number of people have told me they would be willing to subscribe at that price point and this simply gives them a chance to show their support and do so. No extra benefit. Other than sincere thanks.
    Thanks so much for all of the writeups that you've shared with us to this point, Jim. Being able to continue reading them is worth every penny.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by awhom111 View Post
    All channels carrying the game:
    https://theacc.com/sports/2022/9/21/...A_DUKE_22.aspx

Outside of the blackout zone, for which there is unlikely to be a map, the game can be seen on ESPN3, so less restrictive than recent years.
    Those outside the blackout zone whose provider carries ESPN College Extra can also see the game on the first channel in that package as your local RSN may not be carrying the game on television. On DirecTV, that is channel 788.

Up at 3:30 Who doesn’t love air travel?