Page 57 of 59 FirstFirst ... 7475556575859 LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,140 of 1167
    New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by bigperm13 View Post
    Great season with a thud ending. Maybe next year they get their first Super Regional win.
    I hate looking ahead while this season is technically still underway, but that won't be the case in 20 minutes.

I'm really excited for next year, given that this team feels relatively young. At least D'Auna's injury came in the last game of the year; if you are going to wear a cast, now's the time to do it.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Jennings now has a cast on her arm, in tears.
    I missed it. What happened to Jennings?

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by DoubleBlue View Post
    I missed it. What happened to Jennings?
    I missed it too. Injured during her first at bat.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

I missed it too. Injured during her first at bat.
    HBP, is my understanding. I didn't see it, either.

HBP, yes. She scored a run and then went for X-rays and the results were obviously not good.

Thanks for an exciting season, ladies. Looking forward to next year, and more milestones.

Ugh I missed the game not realizing gametime had changed. Still a great season and almost everyone is coming back - tapia announced she would after the game so we are basically just losing Davis.

Next year WCWS is the goal

Disappointing loss. Get home field and can’t get it going. They need more confidence. Good program but not great yet.

Quote Originally Posted by loran16 View Post
    Ugh I missed the game not realizing gametime had changed. Still a great season and almost everyone is coming back - tapia announced she would after the game so we are basically just losing Davis.

Next year WCWS is the goal

Nice. I admit, I'm a little worried about Wright and seeing if she ponders the portal. Nobody here would argue that she had an unexpected year after last season. I don't fault the staff for that, but who knows what goes on in a young player's mind. I'm of course hoping that everyone comes back.

Nice. I admit, I'm a little worried about Wright and seeing if she ponders the portal. Nobody here would argue that she had an unexpected year after last season. I don't fault the staff for that, but who knows what goes on in a young player's mind. I'm of course hoping that everyone comes back.
    Either way, Duke should be looking for some pitching help in the portal. I think the program is gaining a good reputation.

Either way, Duke should be looking for some pitching help in the portal. I think the program is gaining a good reputation.
    I'm not on top of our recruiting, but I'll take a bright freshman pitcher over a portal pick. (Not that I will complain if we score there, too.)

We sure hit a home run with Cassidy.

Great season. hate to see it fizzle out, but Stanford pitcher was lights out.

Good chance of going undefeated next year if we can replace Young with loran16

Quote Originally Posted by dm9e24 View Post
    Great season. hate to see it fizzle out, but Stanford pitcher was lights out.

Good chance of going undefeated next year if we can replace Young with loran16
    I’m gonna let Young keep her role but thanks . I think she knows recruiting and pitching far better than me, even if I gripe about her love of bunting lol.

I trust young to bolster the pitching and replace Davis with recruiting and transfers, however appropriate.

Jala has transferred once before and I do not think has graduated so she can’t transfer for free if she chooses to

Jala has transferred once before and I do not think has graduated so she can’t transfer for free if she chooses to
    Ahhh...gotcha. I have faith that she will shine again next season, all season.

Fun year. Thanks to the players, coaches and fans that made it so enjoyable. Cheers and go Duke!
    "This is the best of all possible worlds."
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

I’m gonna let Young keep her role but thanks . I think she knows recruiting and pitching far better than me, even if I gripe about her love of bunting lol.

I trust young to bolster the pitching and replace Davis with recruiting and transfers, however appropriate.

We all get frustrated as fans.

Hoping our current pitching staff takes a step up as they mature next year. Amazing that Canady is a freshman and the difference her presence made in our rematch from the beginning of the year. She has the physical maturity of a junior or senior. One player can make quite a difference, especially a dominate pitcher

Also, hopefully we can take our chances in next year's super regional against a team not from the West Coast.

Softball Recruits

Quote Originally Posted by dm9e24 View Post
    We all get frustrated as fans.

Hoping our current pitching staff takes a step up as they mature next year. Amazing that Canady is a freshman and the difference her presence made in our rematch from the beginning of the year. She has the physical maturity of a junior or senior. One player can make quite a difference, especially a dominate pitcher

Also, hopefully we can take our chances in next year's super regional against a team not from the West Coast.
    From what I have read, softball’s recruiting for next season concentrates on small ball/hitting: Amiah Burgess OF from Texas, career .393 BA, and Madeline Le IF from California, Career .536 BA (looked at that twice). In class of ‘24 the coaches have gone for outstanding pitching: Ava Bradshaw RHP from Michigan where she was POY last season and Macey Cintron P/1b from Georgia, in several rating services, #1 pitcher. Like all recruiting, kids change their minds, but if this pans out, there is a solid plan from Coach Young.

D'Auna Jennings and Cassidy Curd were named to the All American freshmen team by D1 today.

https://d1softball.com/2023-d1softball-all-americans/

Quote Originally Posted by Benjonson View Post
    From what I have read, softball’s recruiting for next season concentrates on small ball/hitting: Amiah Burgess OF from Texas, career .393 BA, and Madeline Le IF from California, Career .536 BA (looked at that twice). In class of ‘24 the coaches have gone for outstanding pitching: Ava Bradshaw RHP from Michigan where she was POY last season and Macey Cintron P/1b from Georgia, in several rating services, #1 pitcher. Like all recruiting, kids change their minds, but if this pans out, there is a solid plan from Coach Young.
    Thanks, Benjonson! Do you have any links you can share? My first reaction is we need some more good pitching for next year too.

Thanks, Benjonson! Do you have any links you can share? My first reaction is we need some more good pitching for next year too.
    Yeah would also be interested in seeing a good site for softball recruit analysis. Got a lot of trust in the team recruiting new players - those two high average frosh seem like potential replacements for Davis and bench players - but would be curious to see the list for myself. Thanks for posting!