Page 55 of 59 FirstFirst ... 5455354555657 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,100 of 1167
    Boyet tries to bunt and pops it up sigh.

Torres Ks. I would pinch hit frelick here for baker…..

Young does exactly that. See, we agree sometimes on tactics.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by loran16 View Post
    Torres Ks. I would pinch hit frelick here for baker…..

Young does exactly that. See, we agree sometimes on tactics.
    Struck out, though.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Struck out, though.
    Yeah Canady is ridiculous Unfortunately and Frelick was going in cold against her. But Baker is such a poor hitter it still seems the right choice

These announcers couldn’t help trying to jinx Cass with how often they kept calling her perfect. Like come the f on, shut up already

Oh no. Vega drops a ball at second trying to anticipate throwing for the double play, and now two on one out for Stanford.

Brutal timing

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    What a derp! Could have been at least one out if not a double play, instead the error allows two Stanford runners on.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Now 2-1 Stanford, only one out and runner on 2nd. Sigh

We trail 2-1. We are in major trouble now

Nice double to end the inning, but still.

9 outs to play with. I imagine Canady will only go 3 of them, but it’s not like their number 2 is bad, just slightly less dominating.

9-1-2 up for duke. Really need Jennings to get it together offensively.

Finally Jennings gets on, but is called for being out of the box AGAIN.

Jennings ends her bad luck streak with a single.

Edit, no she doesn't. Called back to the plate.

Jennings ultimately grounds out. At least she hit it that time.

Sigh, Jennings makes contact but too hard contact and can’t get on. To answer the question from earlier about why they don’t pitch her in, she sets up actually far from the plate and then steps towards it to slap them. Inside pitches will just require her not to step and will be easy to hit.

Stanford up 2-1 going into the 6th.

Duke will have 3-4-5 up next inning. That’s really our last chance I think….I would not trust Davidson torres and baker/jackson in the 7th to tie it.

I'll have to wait on pins and needles and see what shows up on my DVR. Hopefully we pull this out.
    They really outta ponder playing a 2nd game today for the lousy weather the rest of the weekend.

No wild pitch here!
    "This is the best of all possible worlds."
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

Not that it matters but time to pull Curd. She’s not getting Ks anymore.

3-1 Stanford