Page 54 of 59 FirstFirst ... 4445253545556 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,080 of 1167
    Jennings strikes out looking at two of the strikes in her first at bat. Honestly stunning and a sign of how hard cracking Canady is going to be.

Davis gets a single up the middle on a two strike count. Nice. Really want her to try to steal here. (Please don’t bunt)

Two on two outs here for duke, after gold pops out. Surprised no one tried to steal but now it’s all up to Vega

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Duke strikes first. 1-0, still batting, two outs, two runners on.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Vega delivers with a bloop single to center and duke leads! 1-0 Duke

23 pitches thrown by Canady who gets a K looking of Davidson to end duke’s threat. But an excellent inning to just get up 1-0. Now let’s hold that lead

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by loran16 View Post
    23 pitches thrown by Canady who gets a K looking of Davidson to end duke’s threat. But an excellent inning to just get up 1-0. Now let’s hold that lead
    What impressed me most is that three Duke batters picked up singles, including the RBI. That's a good sign when it comes to facing an elite pitcher; we did our homework.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    What impressed me most is that three Duke batters picked up singles, including the RBI. That's a good sign when it comes to facing an elite pitcher; we did our homework.
    We also made Canady start throwing off speed, she began the first three batters with all heaters, but switched to a change up to get Davidson and now has thrown off speed to start the second.

Not sure I get going with Zampa over Frelick or Jackson in the lineup. I’m guessing she’ll be pinch hit for at some point.

Canady's 2nd goes much better, sending Duke to the field in three.

Umpire is not giving low strikes, which advantages Stanford since curd relies a bit more on them at times. Haven’t seen Canady throw anything low really yet.

We may need to throw a shutout to win today.
    "This is the best of all possible worlds."
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

Curd gets three ground outs, including a great play on a bunt , in the third. Stanford’s bottom of the order is filled with weak weak hitters (sub 600 OPS) so curd should really just be throwing them strikes and dare them to hit those pitches, instead of trying to get them to chase.

Jennings looks stunningly lost against Canady. Took another strike which is just not like her and then swings and misses at a ball well up. Not what I expected

If these teams keep going 1-2-3, this is gonna be a quick game.

Eight pitch 1-2-3 inning for Canady. That’s not how you need to do it. Back to Curd now.

10 pitch inning for Curd.

Curd through 4 innings unscathed. Does she have the gas to get through three more.
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

bunt?
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

A walk and an e-4 puts two on no outs for duke. Betting Young will bunt here. I might even be okay with that