Page 5 of 59 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast
    And 1-0 Duke to lead off the second.

Solo homer by Claire Davidson.

And Ana gold HBP in the facemask. Appears to be no real damage.

Duke’s fielders (oh god Jada Baker) committed two errors in the first, continuing a troubling trend. Left bases loaded in top 2nd sigh but up 1-0

5-0 Duke in B5. Claire Davidson allowing just 1 hit through 4. 8 hits for Duke with HRs by Tapia and Davidson.

Freshman Sophie Garner-MacKinnon now pitching for Duke.

I had to go to GoDuke.com to find out we were playing USF in Clearwater FL.
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    I had to go to GoDuke.com to find out we were playing USF in Clearwater FL.
    Its game 2 of a tournament. Most of us are watching on ACCN and/or following on livestats.

5-2 is your final. Now we try for the Friday sweep against #4 Arkansas in what should be the most difficult opponent this weekend.

Final 5-2 Duke over USF. Game 3 later today vs. #4 Arkansas.

2 more errors in the final inning, for a total of 7 through 2 games this tournament. Not ideal

Who will start vs. Arkansas?
    "This is the best of all possible worlds."
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

Quote Originally Posted by loran16 View Post
    2 more errors in the final inning, for a total of 7 through 2 games this tournament. Not ideal
    Its a young team, particularly the infield. The announcers mentioned that fielding could be an issue for Duke this year.
    There's a lot of hitting talent and some good coaches, so hopefully they score enough runs to make up for it.

Quote Originally Posted by chrishoke View Post
    Who will start vs. Arkansas?
    Either Wright or Curd. Curd has looked pretty good, but Wright is probably next in rotation and not sure Curd is ready for such a big time start.

Quote Originally Posted by loran16 View Post
    Duke’s fielders (oh god Jada Baker) committed two errors in the first, continuing a troubling trend. Left bases loaded in top 2nd sigh but up 1-0
    Not sure why, but Kristina Foreman (our great second baseman for the last several years) transferred to Arkansas. Her replacement has not been fielding well. Unfortunately, we play against Kristina this afternoon.

Quote Originally Posted by nmduke2001 View Post
    Not sure why, but Kristina Foreman (our great second baseman for the last several years) transferred to Arkansas. Her replacement has not been fielding well. Unfortunately, we play against Kristina this afternoon.
    Foreman's replacement is Freshman Aminah Vega, Duke's highest ranked recruit ever, and top infielder in the class. She's had 2 errors so far, but she is rated highly in her fielding. Maybe give her some time to get comfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleBlue View Post
    Foreman's replacement is Freshman Aminah Vega, Duke's highest ranked recruit ever, and top infielder in the class. She's had 2 errors so far, but she is rated highly in her fielding. Maybe give her some time to get comfortable.
    All I'm saying is that we lost Kristina and she was great. That might be a reason that fielding is down so far.

I'm really bummed that we lost Kristina, but glad that we have our highest rated recruit in return.

It looks like FSU beat Arkansas today 9-6 after putting up a 7-spot in the 5th. Hopefully that depleted the pitching staff for our game a bit and didn’t get them too fired up…

Quote Originally Posted by nmduke2001 View Post
    All I'm saying is that we lost Kristina and she was great. That might be a reason that fielding is down so far.

I'm really bummed that we lost Kristina, but glad that we have our highest rated recruit in return.
    Right, agreed. Our infield thus far is 3 freshmen and a sophomore, so it could be rocky for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleBlue View Post
    Either Wright or Curd. Curd has looked pretty good, but Wright is probably next in rotation and not sure Curd is ready for such a big time start.
    Cassidy Curd gets her first start for Duke vs. Arkansas coming up shortly.

Edit: correction, Curd started last week vs. San Jose State.

Curd walked the first Arkansas batter on 4 pitches, then proceeded to strike out the sides! Great start for Cassidy!

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    The ump, Slowpoke Sally, is annoying. I keep thinking of Tim Curry singing Anticipation.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Cassidy Curd has said "I don't need no stinking Defense!"
    <devildeac> anyone playing drinking games by now?
    7:49:36<Wander> drink every qb run?
    7:49:38<loran16> umm, drink every time asack rushes?
    7:49:38<wolfybeard> @devildeac: drink when Asack runs a keeper
    7:49:39 PM<CB&B> any time zack runs, drink

Carolina Delenda Est