Page 2 of 59 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
    I was just searching too and indeed flosoftball.com is the only streaming coverage available for the tournament and is a monthly subscription.

Pretty sure flo sports puts up free live stats as the game happens, the duke softball Twitter will probably tweet them out.

Gonna be a rough ten games to start. It’ll be a good sign of how much this team, missing some key elements of the last two years, has to go to make another run.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by loran16 View Post
    Pretty sure flo sports puts up free live stats as the game happens, the duke softball Twitter will probably tweet them out.

Gonna be a rough ten games to start. It’ll be a good sign of how much this team, missing some key elements of the last two years, has to go to make another run.
    "Rough" implies 10 games with the likelihood of losing. I'll give you that for Oklahoma, but I'll look at the others as "challenging".
    I have confidence in our team and coaches.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Good program 10 games televised

Atmospheric new stadium near Bivins Building, Branson Theater and the old WDBS building on East Campus. I had a show there in 1987 as an alum. Indie rock and avant garde music.NME featured bands.

https://goduke.com/news/2023/2/8/sof...s-in-2023.aspx

Happy opening day y’all. Let’s go 1-1 and play more than 5 innings in game 2.

Very barebones live stats are here https://stats.statbroadcast.com/mobi...&statmonitr=1

1-0 UW middle of the 3rd.

Quote Originally Posted by loran16 View Post
    Very barebones live stats are here https://stats.statbroadcast.com/mobi...&statmonitr=1
    There's a better one. Try this:
    https://stats.statbroadcast.com/stat...NjAxMy4wLjAuMA..

If it doesn't work go to goduke.com and then softball and schedule and click on the live stats there.

1-1 now BTW!

Duke had runners at 2nd and 3rd with no outs in B4, after already scoring once, but UW Freshman relief pitcher Meylan struck out 3 straight batters to end the rally.

Now in B5, Duke takes the lead, 2-1. Jala Wright still piching for Duke; giving up 3 hits, one run so far.

Time to pull Wright who gives up a HR and a walk to start the sixth. Tied 2-2

And relief pitcher Curd promptly throws a wild pitch to score a 3rd run for UW.

Looks like we're down 4-2 in the bottom of the 6th, with the heart of the order coming up. This is the time, ladies.

Final 4-3 UW.

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleBlue View Post
    Final 4-3 UW.
    Hard to complain about, though. We had more hits than they did, one less error, and more total baserunners. But they had three XBHs to our one, and we couldn't get the singles to line up. It was especially tough that we had runners at the corners with nobody out and came up empty. But a solid performance against a really good team. Obviously would have preferred the win, but that wasn't a bad start to the season. Now comes the really tough game.

Duke's 2nd game: 1-0 OK after 2.

So, is their team chant, “We’re OK! We’re OK! We’re OK!”

Quote Originally Posted by Phredd3 View Post
    So, is their team chant, “We’re OK! We’re OK! We’re OK!”
    That's the State's motto.

Well Duke made it to 7 innings and had four hits, but lost to #1 Oklahoma 4-0.

It's over

Duke wins 11-2 over San Jose State in Game #1 today.