Page 55 of 137 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765105 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,100 of 2725
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    He won the nomination by being a hard-core election denier but has really attempted to soften his public statements since then. The classic, "race to the middle" that many candidates try to accomplish after running to the right or left in the primary. Well, it seems Bolduc has accomplished it.
    I have real troubles understanding why voters seem to consistently fall for this. I'm sure that's just me, though.

I enjoy earnest grassroots organization stories. Here’s a good one about the NV hospitality union’s political organization efforts

https://www.yahoo.com/news/cooks-ser...122435556.html

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    The GOP surge has put the Dem senate seat in New Hampster in jeopardy. The Saint Anselm College poll just released today has GOP challenger Don Bolduc up 1 on Dem incumbent Maggie Hassan, 48-47. Hassan was close to a 10 point leader a month ago so this is a really big move by Bolduc. This is, I believe, the first poll to show him in the lead.

Don Bolduc is an interesting case. He won the nomination by being a hard-core election denier but has really attempted to soften his public statements since then. The classic, "race to the middle" that many candidates try to accomplish after running to the right or left in the primary. Well, it seems Bolduc has accomplished it.
    Wow, did not see that coming. And toward your point, the Democrats put millions behind him in the Republican primary because they thought he'd be too extreme to be a credible candidate in the general election:

As primary season nears its Tuesday endpoint, Democrats are giving the strategy one more try in New Hampshire, in two congressional races. In the Republican Senate primary, Senate Majority PAC, a group aligned with Senate Majority Leader Charles E. Schumer (D-N.Y.), is spending $3.2 million on ads that effectively enhance the candidacy in the GOP primary of retired Gen. Don Bolduc, by portraying his more moderate rival, state Senate President Chuck Morse, who has trailed in GOP primary polls to Bolduc, as beholden to the party establishment.

I dunno, we'll see. Bolduc is extreme even by New Hamster standards. He has called the state's very popular Governor Chris Sununu (a Republican who, by the way, could have won the Senate seat easily) a Chinese Communist sympathizer.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    I dunno, we'll see. Bolduc is extreme even by New Hamster standards. He has called the state's very popular Governor Chris Sununu (a Republican who, by the way, could have won the Senate seat easily) a Chinese Communist sympathizer.
    As a Chinese Communist sympathizer, I find this demeaning.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    As a Chinese Communist sympathizer, I find this demeaning.
    You just want to be very popular like Governor Chris Sununu?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey View Post
    You just want to be very popular like Governor Chris Sununu?
    Hahaha! You got it!

Quote Originally Posted by Area_Man View Post
    The polls have considerably underestimated Republican Senate candidates for the better part of a decade now.

• 2020: Tillis +1.8, final poll average -2.6
    • 2016: Burr +5.7, final poll average 2.0
    • 2014: Tillis +1.7, final poll average -1.2

Maybe they've fixed that but I'll believe it when I see it. Since Budd has led in most of the polls I say he wins by 5.
    You and me both. Budd will win going away . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Phredd3 View Post
    I have real troubles understanding why voters seem to consistently fall for this. I'm sure that's just me, though.
    I suspect, then, that you're the only person who gets a song in his head and can't seem to get rid of it. Or who reads something on the internet and finds out later that it isn't true.

Quote Originally Posted by rasputin View Post
    I suspect, then, that you're the only person who gets a song in his head and can't seem to get rid of it. Or who reads something on the internet and finds out later that it isn't true.
    Exactly! How did you even know?

please make this election be over, thank you.

please make this election be over, thank you.
    Agreed. I'm excited to get to the '24 POTUS election too!!!!!!!!!

Agreed. I'm excited to get to the '24 POTUS election too!!!!!!!!!
    glad we ALWAYS use the DVR to watch TV, even fast forwarding thru the ads gives me dyspepsia extremis.

glad we ALWAYS use the DVR to watch TV, even fast forwarding thru the ads gives me dyspepsia extremis.
    Sometimes you feel like a stranger to me. The ads are the best part!

Sometimes you feel like a stranger to me. The ads are the best part!
    I think there is probably an opportunity to learn something about human personality by studying the people who watch live events on delay so they can skip commercials vs people who hate that and feel it is important to be watching "live". Not saying one is better than the other but both sides of this issue are pretty dug in (including me).

Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    I think there is probably an opportunity to learn something about human personality by studying the people who watch live events on delay so they can skip commercials vs people who hate that and feel it is important to be watching "live". Not saying one is better than the other but both sides of this issue are pretty dug in (including me).
    Interesting. As I’m thinking about your point it occurs to me that I’d skip the commercials every time if it weren’t for instant messaging/texting. If it’s a big game, my brother and I text which only works if our timing is reasonably synced. If one of us starts the game late we silence notifications until we catch up. So I guess I’m not bothered by the knowledge that the things I’m watching happened several minutes ago, but sharing the experience with people outside of my own living room increases my enjoyment of the game. So, most games I skip commercials but I watch big games live because I know family and friends are also watching. Would love to know what that says about my personality.

Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    But, but, but...

One is better than the other!!

DVRs rule!* They dramatically increase viewing efficiency. One can watch a football game and a baseball game, interleaved, in less time than it takes to watch either live.

*As long as I am the one controlling the remote.

Now that we are less than a week out, one of the things I want to see after the election is the election broken down between candidates of the same party, but different races. Georgia Governor vs Senate will be interesting. As will NC Senate vs House races. I hope the thread stays open to give us a chance to do a little post-election analysis.

Quote Originally Posted by PackMan97 View Post
    Now that we are less than a week out, one of the things I want to see after the election is the election broken down between candidates of the same party, but different races. Georgia Governor vs Senate will be interesting. As will NC Senate vs House races. I hope the thread stays open to give us a chance to do a little post-election analysis.
    I think there will be some mixed results. Wouldn't be surprised to see Shapiro get elected governor in PA but have Oz take Senate, for example.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    I think there will be some mixed results. Wouldn't be surprised to see Shapiro get elected governor in PA but have Oz take Senate, for example.
    I wouldn't be surprised to see a Governor Kemp/Senator Warnock result in Georgia either.