Well, we may regret this but the mod team has decided to allow a conversation about the upcoming midterms.

YOU MUST READ THIS POST BEFORE POSTING IN THIS THREAD!!

The DBR has a very strict policy against posting opinions about political/public policy matters. It is how we keep this a sane and civil place. As such, we will not discuss the merits of taxes, abortion, universal health care, gun control, illegal immigration, voter fraud, or a myriad of other issues. Don't post here that the GOP are evil because they want to take away a woman's right to choose or that Democrats absolutely stole the Presidency in 2020. Doing so will earn you a swift and severe punishment from the mod community.

What you can do in this thread is talk about -- in a dispassionate way -- the way the midterms are shaping up. You can give analysis of why you think abortion or the search of Mar-a-lago will motivate voters, but cannot say what you personally think about those issues. You can point out a new poll that shows Herschel Walker neck-and-neck with Raphael Warnock, but cannot ask how anyone could vote for a former football player who has trouble stringing his thoughts together. Similarly, you can provide quotes from an article about how Democrats are avoiding talking about Biden on the campaign trail, but cannot say, "of course they are. He's the worst president of my lifetime and is probably senile."

If you have ANY QUESTIONS about whether a post is allowable, feel free to send it to me before posting it. I am really good about responding quickly to this stuff and helping folks craft a post that will not end up in an infraction.

Lastly, if you want to see how all this works, here is the 2020 Presidential Election thread. It veers off course a few times, but largely follows the rules I have outlined here.

Good luck everyone...

-Jason "note: the responsibility for maintaining civility in this thread falls to me... the rest of the mod team is largely rolling their eyes at me right now " Evans