Page 116 of 137 FirstFirst ... 1666106114115116117118126 ... LastLast
Results 2,301 to 2,320 of 2725
    Quote Originally Posted by dudog84 View Post
    Is this the final stake (oops, silver bullet...he wants to be a werewolf, not a vampire) in Herschel's campaign?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...59b57a3944ea26
    Are you actually suggesting that there are voters who ignored:
    • his verbal gaffes
    • his lack of experience as a civic leader
    • his apparent lies about his business record
    • his multiple children out of wedlock
    • the very credible instances of him paying for abortions for his mistresses
    • and his son calling him out as a terrible person*

...Who will say, "this icon who is a legend in the state doesn't live here any more. Well, I cannot possibly vote for him now."

I mean... let's be real. The vast, vast, vast majority of Georgia Voters would cast a ballot for a pile of steaming rocks** if it had a D or and R next to its name. This is a state with almost no persuadable voters.

**- feel free to sub any other pile of stuff, use your imagination.

-Jason "*-please note, none of the above is partisan. It is all absolutely, verifiably true and reported by numerous credible media sources" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    • his verbal gaffes

...Who will say, "this icon who is a legend in the state doesn't live here any more. Well, I cannot possibly vote for him now."

I mean... let's be real. The vast, vast, vast majority of Georgia Voters would cast a ballot for a pile of steaming rocks** if it had a D or and R next to its name. This is a state with almost no persuadable voters.

-Jason "*-please note, none of the above is partisan. It is all absolutely, verifiably true and reported by numerous credible media sources" Evans
    Although in a runoff the trick is to energize your turnout and depress your opponent. The main thing Hershel has going for him IMO is that Kemp is out stumping for him and Kemp cut a nice commercial for him. But I think folks are turning out in droves to either support Warnock or reject Walker, whichever way you wanna look at it. All of this damaging info on Herschel has gotta sap the desire to go out and support him.

But who knows. The runoff schedule will make it tough for students to vote which helps Herschel. Anything can happen.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    • his verbal gaffes

A pile of steaming rocks sounds pretty pleasant. It's the core of every spa, after all. I'll always vote yes to a spa.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Are you actually suggesting...
    Hey, don't shoot me, I'm only the piano player!

We knew about the Texas resident tax break, I thought this was new. More to the point, and I guess I should have included it, is that he apparently has NO claim to residency in the great state of Georgia. Filing for the Texas tax break could be sluffed (sloughed?) off as a paperwork snafu. This can't. Even if he wins, how does he possibly keep the seat?

Which begs the question: If he wins and is disqualified, does Warnock get the seat or do the Rs get to nominate a real candidate and Georgia runs the election again?
    Bad officials are elected by good citizens who do not vote. - George Jean Nathan

Hey, don't shoot me, I'm only the piano player!

We knew about the Texas resident tax break, I thought this was new. More to the point, and I guess I should have included it, is that he apparently has NO claim to residency in the great state of Georgia. Filing for the Texas tax break could be sluffed (sloughed?) off as a paperwork snafu. This can't. Even if he wins, how does he possibly keep the seat?

Which begs the question: If he wins and is disqualified, does Warnock get the seat or do the Rs get to nominate a real candidate and Georgia runs the election again?
    Why do you assume that one has to be a resident of a state to become its senator? Ahem, RFK. Ahem, Hillary Clinton.

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    Why do you assume that one has to be a resident of a state to become its senator? Ahem, RFK. Ahem, Hillary Clinton.
    I think that's would be considered carpetbagging. She moved to New York to meet the residency requirements. I think right after they moved out of the White House. Bill had an office in Harlem.

It seems Walker is either breaking a tax law or an election law. It's probably OK under the Constitution as long as he's a GA resident at the time of serving in. He's probably disqualified by GA law.
    Last edited by Kdogg; 11-29-2022 at 07:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    I believe it was OPK who posted this earlier, but google was easier than searching the thread.

The Constitution sets three qualifications for service in the U.S. Senate: age (at least thirty years of age); U.S. citizenship (at least nine years); and residency in the state a senator represents at time of election.
    That's from www.senate.gov
    Bad officials are elected by good citizens who do not vote. - George Jean Nathan

I wonder if he has a Georgia driver’s license or a Texas one.

I wonder if he would pull it out and show us, like his tin star fake badge.

Heavy early voting continues today:

https://twitter.com/bluestein/status...JW3eCbhAg9ZtKg

I believe it was OPK who posted this earlier, but google was easier than searching the thread.

That's from www.senate.gov
    I believe he has to live there after he is elected. Which is kind of ridiculous. But that's the rule.

I am the last one to defend him, but he did spend a large portion of his life living in the state. He is much more of a Georgian than Oz was a Pennsylvanian. Or to be fair, than Hillary was a New Yorker.

If someone's biggest concerns about Herschel is his credential as a Georgian, they are really focusing on the wrong issues. That is about #15 on my list. And I have lived in Georgia more recently than he has.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNotCrazie View Post
    I believe he has to live there after he is elected. Which is kind of ridiculous. But that's the rule.

I am the last one to defend him, but he did spend a large portion of his life living in the state. He is much more of a Georgian than Oz was a Pennsylvanian. Or to be fair, than Hillary was a New Yorker.

If someone's biggest concerns about Herschel is his credential as a Georgian, they are really focusing on the wrong issues. That is about #15 on my list. And I have lived in Georgia more recently than he has.
    As someone living in Georgia, it’s kind of important to me. How can he represent the interests of my state if he doesn’t even really live here?

But to be fair, I didn’t vote for him last time (although I did vote for some other Rs) and I won’t vote for him in the runoff — for other reasons. So everyone should take a whatever-sized grain of salt one feels is appropriate in my views of Herschel.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNotCrazie View Post

The Constitution is pretty clear. You can't move there afterwards.

Your 14 other reasons are not legally disqualifying.

Quote Originally Posted by AllenBuilding View Post

11/28/2023:

(1) Supervisors of Cochise County, Arizona vote to postpone election certification and will NOT certify the county's results today. Today is the deadline for Arizona counties to certify.
    Cochise Board of Supervisors voted to delay certification of election results. The deadline has now past and governor-elect Katie Hobbs is suing in her role as Secretary of State. The County Attorney refused to defend them so they hired the council who represented Cyber Ninja. State law sets Dec 5 as the deadline to officially certify election. Cochise voters could potentially be disenfranchised. That would mean that Ds take Arizona district 6 and Superintendent of Public Instruction.

Looks like another record early voting turnout today:

https://twitter.com/gabrielsterling/...JW3eCbhAg9ZtKg

ETA: confirmed to have broken yesterday’s record:

Last edited by OldPhiKap; 11-29-2022 at 08:34 PM.

For those interested, highest voter turnout was Cobb County (former R stronghold, not true anymore) followed closely by Fulton (“Atlanta” - definitely D country outside of Buckhead).

So to answer Budwom’s question before — heavy early turnout should benefit Warnock.

Some of my fellow Peach Staters may have a better/different view.

Quote Originally Posted by Kdogg View Post
    Cochise Board of Supervisors voted to delay certification of election results. The deadline has now past and governor-elect Katie Hobbs is suing in her role as Secretary of State. The County Attorney refused to defend them so they hired the council who represented Cyber Ninja. State law sets Dec 5 as the deadline to officially certify election. Cochise voters could potentially be disenfranchised. That would mean that Ds take Arizona district 6 and Superintendent of Public Instruction.
    And that's why it's all a show. Never gonna happen, they're just grabbing themselves some ink (or whatever the internet is made of). And maybe get an all-expenses-paid trip to the next wacko convention.

Luzerne should certify Wednesday.

https://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/deci...sults/3436566/

Two Democratic members of the Luzerne County Board of Elections and Voter Registration voted to certify, both Republicans voted “no” and the fifth member, Democrat Daniel Schramm, abstained.

Schramm said in a phone interview several hours later that after the meeting he received assurances that few if any voters were unable to cast ballots and that all provisional ballots had been counted. He said he planned to vote in favor of certifying the results at a board meeting set for Wednesday.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    For those interested, highest voter turnout was Cobb County (former R stronghold, not true anymore) followed closely by Fulton (“Atlanta” - definitely D country outside of Buckhead).

So to answer Budwom’s question before — heavy early turnout should benefit Warnock.

Some of my fellow Peach Staters may have a better/different view.
    So the counties with the most population had the most voters (Fulton #1, Cobb #3 in the state). Wow, shocking!

The early turnout numbers don't tell me very much. It is possible folks are also turning out in droves in light population counties like Lumpkin, Elbert, and Rabun... which could only means a few thousand voters a day. But those folks are all die-hard Trumpers and there are a whole lot more Red than Blue counties in Georgia (probably by 6-to-1 or more).
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Luzerne should certify Wednesday.

https://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/deci...sults/3436566/

Two Democratic members of the Luzerne County Board of Elections and Voter Registration voted to certify, both Republicans voted “no” and the fifth member, Democrat Daniel Schramm, abstained.

Schramm said in a phone interview several hours later that after the meeting he received assurances that few if any voters were unable to cast ballots and that all provisional ballots had been counted. He said he planned to vote in favor of certifying the results at a board meeting set for Wednesday.
    As expected, Luzerne certified today 3-2.

The early turnout numbers don't tell me very much. It is possible folks are also turning out in droves in light population counties like Lumpkin, Elbert, and Rabun... which could only means a few thousand voters a day. But those folks are all die-hard Trumpers and there are a whole lot more Red than Blue counties in Georgia (probably by 6-to-1 or more).
    Early vote numbers >> polling

in statewide races.