Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by elvis14 View Post
    Interesting, I tend to think that Nadal and Djoker both benefitted by not having to face Roger when he was younger or the same as as them...particularly these last several years (which is when Djoker has feasted). I love Nadal, but could never consider him the best...but I consider him by far the best clay court player ever (I mean it's not even close).
    Nadal and Federer first played on 2004. They played each other in ever French Open Final and Wimbledon Final from 2006-2008. Obviously, Fed never was able to beat Nadal at Roland Garros. Nadal, on the other hand, was eventually able to develop his game to the point that he beat Roger at Wimbledon.

Roger Federer tweeted this picture today.

66grandslams.jpg

heading to dinner with some friends @RafaelNadal @andy_murray @DjokerNole
    He says it's dinner, but I'm guessing it's some kind of James Bond convention, and they're traveling by boat.

Quote Originally Posted by brevity View Post

66grandslams.jpg

He says it's dinner, but I'm guessing it's some kind of James Bond convention, and they're traveling by boat.
    Pretty cool picture but you'd think they could get a higher quality professional picture rather than the cell phone selfie, but hey, whatever works! I'm sure there will be other high quality photos from the evening. Cool to have them all together.

Quote Originally Posted by brevity View Post

66grandslams.jpg

This is the best thing that's ever happened to me in my life and I have children.

Roger and Rafa will play doubles together in the Laver Cup for Roger’s final professional match. A low-key send-off that, along with the choice of his partner, speaks to his character.

Quote Originally Posted by Tooold View Post
    Roger and Rafa will play doubles together in the Laver Cup for Roger’s final professional match. A low-key send-off that, along with the choice of his partner, speaks to his character.
    They lose in an epic match against Jack Sock (who is a doubles MASTER) and Tiafoe after splitting sets and losing 11-9 in the breaker (Laver Cup uses a tiebreaker up to 10 instead of a third set). They had match point at 9-8, but couldn't capitalize. Crowd obviously was insane for Nadal/Federer in London. Team Europe still heavy favorites.

Tears after the match from Federer. I'm sure the emotions of his last match are getting to him.

If you know me, you know I'm a curmudgeon. I used to be interested in tennis, but I pretty much gave it up when my two favorite players (in no particular order), Billie Jean King and Arthur Ashe, retired. I know that I have missed some tennis, but for me, it was about the people and what they stood for.