Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 160
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Undisclosed

    College football coaching carousel, 2022 edition


  2. #2
    "Impressive" that he was 5-22 in one score games...that's crushing.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles
    That program will never come close to being what it was in the Osborne heyday. Never.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by tommy View Post
    That program will never come close to being what it was in the Osborne heyday. Never.
    Aw, shucks.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Durham
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluedog View Post
    "Impressive" that he was 5-22 in one score games...that's crushing.
    unlike basketball where you'd expect one score games to be a tossp most of the time, I thnk the coach/playcalling/time management/decision making play a HUGE role in those situations.

    So while I'm sure there's a healthy dose of bad luck there, I also think such a number does indicate a fault of the coaching.
    1200. DDMF.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    raleigh
    Notre Dame next?

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by moonpie23 View Post
    Notre Dame next?
    I donít know. Personally, although their fans are unrealistic, I think Notre Dame will give Freeman a longer leash than LSU will give Kelly.

    Or maybe thatís because I live in SEC country, and I have to listen to delusional SEC fans on a daily basis. 😉

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Quote Originally Posted by moonpie23 View Post
    Notre Dame next?
    Iím feeling really good about us missing out on Marcus Freeman.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Earth
    Quote Originally Posted by SavDukeGrad View Post
    I donít know. Personally, although their fans are unrealistic, I think Notre Dame will give Freeman a longer leash than LSU will give Kelly.
    Or maybe thatís because I live in SEC country, and I have to listen to delusional SEC fans on a daily basis. 😉
    The Kelly move feels a lot like Coach G leaving Duke. I would love for Freeman to defer his turnaround until just after he leaves Wally Wade in 2023 with an L.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Earth
    Arizona State fires Herm Edwards after loss to Eastern Michigan. While EMU is much better than they were 20 years ago, it didn't help.

    Link: https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...football-coach

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    North of Durham
    Quote Originally Posted by duke2x View Post
    Arizona State fires Herm Edwards after loss to Eastern Michigan. While EMU is much better than they were 20 years ago, it didn't help.

    Link: https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...football-coach
    You play to win the game.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Vermont
    Quote Originally Posted by duke2x View Post
    Arizona State fires Herm Edwards after loss to Eastern Michigan. While EMU is much better than they were 20 years ago, it didn't help.

    Link: https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...football-coach
    Ha, I bet Herb has a good aphorism for this, he has buckets of them..e.g. "a goal without a plan is a wish." He has a few hundred more...

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by duke2x View Post
    The Kelly move feels a lot like Coach G leaving Duke. I would love for Freeman to defer his turnaround until just after he leaves Wally Wade in 2023 with an L.
    The good match between coach and institution - or lack of it - seems to be a huge factor in how a hire works out. Kelly to LSU stinks as a match to me...did from the start. Kelly's newfound "accent" kind of makes that case I think. With K's success at Duke, the perfect match of man and institution was surely a big factor.

    Coach G at Texas for some reason didn't work. Shaka Smart bombed at Texas too, and clearly he and G can both coach, and Texas threw tons of money at their programs. But neither "felt right" - as elusive as that is.

    As for Freeman and ND...maybe Freeman will turn it around. Or maybe he's not HC material. Not all really good coaches...are head man material. Another elusive quality.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Undisclosed
    Geoff Collins gone from Georgia Tech?

    https://twitter.com/dukefbtalk/statu...m7QTA4gV-39k3g

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Vermont
    Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Geoff Collins gone from Georgia Tech?

    https://twitter.com/dukefbtalk/statu...m7QTA4gV-39k3g
    sounds like he AND the athletic director could be gone tomorrow when the bees hive up and decide.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    sounds like he AND the athletic director could be gone tomorrow when the bees hive up and decide.
    I don't think he and Cut liked each other much....not sure anyone likes Collins...

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by HereBeforeCoachK View Post
    I don't think he and Cut liked each other much...not sure anyone likes Collins...
    Collins is gone. I'm surprised he made it to this season, but I read after the UCF debacle that GT players were threatening to boycott the rest of the season. I don't expect GT to improve substantially under an interim coach but I'm glad they are not Duke's next opponent. Don't want to deal with the emotional swing and general unknown.

    I'm curious on what VT does. They look almost as bad.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Vermont
    Quote Originally Posted by HoKogan View Post
    Collins is gone. I'm surprised he made it to this season, but I read after the UCF debacle that GT players were threatening to boycott the rest of the season. I don't expect GT to improve substantially under an interim coach but I'm glad they are not Duke's next opponent. Don't want to deal with the emotional swing and general unknown.

    I'm curious on what VT does. They look almost as bad.
    Like the time we gave GT a Roofie!

  19. #19

    too soon?

    Quote Originally Posted by HoKogan View Post
    Collins is gone. I'm surprised he made it to this season, but I read after the UCF debacle that GT players were threatening to boycott the rest of the season. I don't expect GT to improve substantially under an interim coach but I'm glad they are not Duke's next opponent. Don't want to deal with the emotional swing and general unknown.
    too soon to mention the Miami debacle with a new coach?
    HINT: it will ALWAYS be too soon to mention that...

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Another mid-season change, this time with double duty.

    Colorado fired football coach Karl Dorrell on Sunday in the wake of the Buffaloes' 0-5 start to the 2022 season, the university announced Sunday.

    The school also dismissed defensive coordinator Chris Wilson.
    https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...c-chris-wilson
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Similar Threads

  1. MBB: 2022 Coaching Carousel
    By Tripping William in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 258
    Last Post: 06-18-2022, 07:21 PM
  2. 2016 College Football Coaching Carousel
    By A-Tex Devil in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 12-04-2016, 01:09 AM
  3. College FB coaching carousel (2014-15 edition)
    By Reilly in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 80
    Last Post: 02-02-2015, 03:08 PM
  4. 2013 College Football Coaching Carousel
    By Duvall in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 104
    Last Post: 01-11-2014, 04:29 PM
  5. MBB: [non-ACC] Coaching Carousel - 2011 edition
    By -jk in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 146
    Last Post: 04-04-2011, 07:45 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •