Thread: 2022 NFL Season

This is like watching an Iowa football game

Gross football …

Quote Originally Posted by CameronDuke View Post
    Gross football …
    The Manningcast is pretty good today.

Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    The Manningcast is pretty good today.
    Agree. It is keeping my interest. Love the Manningcast.

Giants fan here but that was a truly awful call on the offensive pass interference. Too bad it couldn't be reviewed.

This is generally an ugly game. Horrible play calling/clock management by the Giants at the end of the class - they were lucky not to give up three more.

Quote Originally Posted by cato View Post
    *You* fear more butt-kickings? How do you think the Bucs’ tablets feel? Probably only a bit better than a Russian conscript.
    LOL. You're right about that. Hope the Bucs are buying tablets by the truckload. Between an O-Line that's gone through more changes than Cher has had plastic surgeries, and a receiving corps that just can't stay on the field, this isn't a very intimidating Buccaneer team at present.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDukie View Post
    LOL. You're right about that. Hope the Bucs are buying tablets by the truckload. Between an O-Line that's gone through more changes than Cher has had plastic surgeries, and a receiving corps that just can't stay on the field, this isn't a very intimidating Buccaneer team at present.
    Luckily for the Bucs, the division looks like trash. Definitely winnable, even if TB struggles to figure out the offense.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Luckily for the Bucs, the division looks like trash. Definitely winnable, even if TB struggles to figure out the offense.
    True. Division is winnable (although I still think the Saints have time to get their act together as well). But I don't think the Bucs, as currently constructed, can contend for the NFC.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDukie View Post
    True. Division is winnable (although I still think the Saints have time to get their act together as well). But I don't think the Bucs, as currently constructed, can contend for the NFC.
    Outside of the Iggles, I don't see much in the way of impress NFC teams yet. Rams may figure things out. NFC North looks like the best division, but they will devour one another.

Outside of the Iggles, I don't see much in the way of impress NFC teams yet. Rams may figure things out. NFC North looks like the best division, but they will devour one another.
    Yeah, I think the Rams still have to be the odds on favorite in the NFC at this early point.

Getting some NFL quality receivers back in the lineup will help. And that starts this week with Mike Evans returning.

Tuanigamanuolepola Tagovailoa

Pretty scary injury for him in Cincinnati.

Sacked hard and landed on his back and spine. Looked like his hands spasmed and cramped up. Maybe a neck or spine injury? Definitely a neurological response to head trauma. They’re taking him off the field on a stretcher. Scary stuff. And honestly kind of sad and disturbing to watch.

Sacked hard and landed on his back and spine. Looked like his hands spasmed and cramped up. Maybe a neck or spine injury? Definitely a neurological response to head trauma. They’re taking him off the field on a stretcher. Scary stuff. And honestly kind of sad and disturbing to watch.
    Definitely scary. Especially after last week. I didn't think he should have gone back into that game. I hope he is going to be ok.

It was pretty awful to see. Taken to a nearby trauma center with head and neck injuries.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by missfinch View Post
    It was pretty awful to see. Taken to a nearby trauma center with head and neck injuries.
    But with movement in his extremities. Whew.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    Definitely scary. Especially after last week. I didn't think he should have gone back into that game. I hope he is going to be ok.
    Apparently he passed concussion protocol. I saw the hit he sustained Sunday and when he got up to walk, he was noticeably woozy and unstable on his feet. His legs were like jello. So I’d be interested to see the report the Dolphins had on him that cleared him to pass concussion protocol or even what concussion protocol consists of. I am not a doctor, but from the view of an unbiased human with a good bit of common sense, he clearly demonstrated concussion like symptoms Sunday when he tried to walk. I am not sure I would have played him tonight. The Dolphins may get into some hot water over the handling of his injury and then tonight’s events.

Apparently he passed concussion protocol. I saw the hit he sustained Sunday and when he got up to walk, he was noticeably woozy and unstable on his feet. His legs were like jello. So I’d be interested to see the report the Dolphins had on him that cleared him to pass concussion protocol or even what concussion protocol consists of. I am not a doctor, but from the view of an unbiased human with a good bit of common sense, he clearly demonstrated concussion like symptoms Sunday when he tried to walk. I am not sure I would have played him tonight. The Dolphins may get into some hot water over the handling of his injury and then tonight’s events.
    According to Tua and the Dolphins the wobbliness was a back issue, but apparently the NFL and NFLPA were investigating the team’s concussion protocol compliance despite the assertion.

Quote Originally Posted by missfinch View Post
    According to Tua and the Dolphins the wobbliness was a back issue, but apparently the NFL and NFLPA were investigating the team’s concussion protocol compliance despite the assertion.
    The brutal tackle on that sack certainly didn’t help his “back issue” from last week.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    I don't think any teams should play on Thursdays after they just played on Sunday. Just not enough time for the bodies, and the brains, to recover. The only teams playing on Thursdays should be teams coming off a bye week.

SMDH at Tua being out there at all last night. Hopefully he was not seriously or permanently injured. And hopefully the Dolphins won’t lol and return him to practice today. 🤬

Quote Originally Posted by Matches View Post
    SMDH at Tua being out there at all last night. Hopefully he was not seriously or permanently injured. And hopefully the Dolphins won’t lol and return him to practice today. 🤬
    Yeah, this is rightfully going to trigger ANOTHER review of the concussion protocols.