Page 5 of 38 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 NFL Season

The way the Bills are playing tonight, I would like to see a team folks think can beat them this year when they look like this. They look unstoppable. Allen will be in the mix for MVP and Diggs is darn near unstoppable at WR too. They’re beating the brakes off the Titans tonight in Buffalo.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronDuke View Post
    The way the Bills are playing tonight, I would like to see a team folks think can beat them this year when they look like this. They look unstoppable. Allen will be in the mix for MVP and Diggs is darn near unstoppable at WR too. They’re beating the brakes off the Titans tonight in Buffalo.
    I've been a fan of Diggs since he was at Minnesota. Very fun to watch...it's been good seeing Crowder get some burn too.

You’re not going to get an argument from me. I know it’s only two games in, but right now they absolutely look like the team to beat.

Quote Originally Posted by rsvman View Post
    Commanders being commanded at Detroit. Yikes. Zero first downs and the game is well into the second quarter.
    Starting to think Heinecke would be a better option then Wentz at QB. Wentz is so immobile he makes Tom Brady look like Fran Tarkenton.
    Wentz had a much better second half. I can tell you that Beerman is not going to be an improvement over Wentz even if he is more mobile. He just throw too many hospital balls. He seems like a great kid and I'm glad the Commanders have him as a backup.

That said, the Commanders defense is a complete mess and fans are once again calling for Jack Del Rio to be fired (he should have been gone last year). In the offseason, 2 DT's were not resigned (Tim Settle, Matt Ioannidis) and a rookie was drafted (Mathis). Rookie got hurt week 1 and is out for the year. Sunday, the offensive line was useless (couldn't run block or pass block) and ChaseR, the starting center, was injured and might be out for the season. If the 2 lines continue to underperform, it's going to be a long season for the Commanders no matter how good their QB and WR's are...

Have to say, the Bills are the best team in football right now. I know a few of their fans (including my boss who went to the game last night) so I'm just happy for them. Maybe it'll finally be their year this year...

Quote Originally Posted by elvis14 View Post
    Wentz had a much better second half. I can tell you that Beerman is not going to be an improvement over Wentz even if he is more mobile. He just throw too many hospital balls. He seems like a great kid and I'm glad the Commanders have him as a backup.

That said, the Commanders defense is a complete mess and fans are once again calling for Jack Del Rio to be fired (he should have been gone last year). In the offseason, 2 DT's were not resigned (Tim Settle, Matt Ioannidis) and a rookie was drafted (Mathis). Rookie got hurt week 1 and is out for the year. Sunday, the offensive line was useless (couldn't run block or pass block) and ChaseR, the starting center, was injured and might be out for the season. If the 2 lines continue to underperform, it's going to be a long season for the Commanders no matter how good their QB and WR's are...
    I hear you. The last thing we needed was an injury on the offensive line. First we lose Scherff, and now Roullier? Not good.

So, despite all the flak Wentz is getting, he is apparently off to a torrid, record-breaking start for the Commandos.

Despite Sunday's loss to the Detroit Lions, Wentz is already etching his name in the record books for the franchise. In the loss, Wentz completed 30 of 46 passes for 337 yards, three touchdowns and an interception. According to the Commanders, Wentz became the first player to have 300+ passing yards and 3+ touchdowns in each of his first two starts with a new team since quarterback starts were tracked in 1950. His seven touchdowns through two weeks is the most by a quarterback in franchise history.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    So, despite all the flak Wentz is getting, he is apparently off to a torrid, record-breaking start for the Commandos.

Despite Sunday's loss to the Detroit Lions, Wentz is already etching his name in the record books for the franchise. In the loss, Wentz completed 30 of 46 passes for 337 yards, three touchdowns and an interception. According to the Commanders, Wentz became the first player to have 300+ passing yards and 3+ touchdowns in each of his first two starts with a new team since quarterback starts were tracked in 1950. His seven touchdowns through two weeks is the most by a quarterback in franchise history.
    Do they keep track of who stands like a freaking statue in the pocket and takes sacks over and over again? I wonder when was the last time a Washington quarterback went through essentially an entire half and led his offense to a total of one first down? Against a powerhouse team like the Lions?

Quote Originally Posted by rsvman View Post
    Do they keep track of who stands like a freaking statue in the pocket and takes sacks over and over again? I wonder when was the last time a Washington quarterback went through essentially an entire half and led his offense to a total of one first down? Against a powerhouse team like the Lions?
    Yeah, that first half was bad...and that includes Wentz (adjust...run for your life, anything). Someone made a good point that one of the reasons the defense struggled so much is that the offense was so bad that they didn't get a chance to rest and adjust (not that JDR would have any idea about how to adjust since his previous stint at DC ended in 2014).

I agree with those saying the Bills look great, but the NFL season is brutal and long and the competition is fierce. There is going to be a tough stretch for them somewhere along the way.
    Carolina delenda est

Bezos has NFL streaming rights now, too, huh?

Yeah, that first half was bad...and that includes Wentz (adjust...run for your life, anything). Someone made a good point that one of the reasons the defense struggled so much is that the offense was so bad that they didn't get a chance to rest and adjust (not that JDR would have any idea about how to adjust since his previous stint at DC ended in 2014).
    This was prescient, too...

The Bills looked anything but Super Bowl worthy in that last 2 minute drill. A really poor performance on that final drive.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDukie View Post
    The Bills looked anything but Super Bowl worthy in that last 2 minute drill. A really poor performance on that final drive.
    Since the start of last season, the Bills are now 0-6 in games decided by 8 points or fewer.

The only other winless team in one-score games over that span is the Texans, who are 0-6-1 after their loss today.

Since the start of last season, the Bills are now 0-6 in games decided by 8 points or fewer.

The only other winless team in one-score games over that span is the Texans, who are 0-6-1 after their loss today.
    grammatical kudos to you!

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    This was prescient, too...
    I think you misspelled pathetic.

Rodgers and the Packers invade Tampa Bay and beat Brady and the Buccaneers.

I was one week off on my call of the Bucs getting their proverbial butts handed to them. Ugly loss today. And I fear more butt-kickings to come. This is NOT a great team. Perhaps not even a very good team.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDukie View Post
    I was one week off on my call of the Bucs getting their proverbial butts handed to them. Ugly loss today. And I fear more butt-kickings to come. This is NOT a great team. Perhaps not even a very good team.
    *You* fear more butt-kickings? How do you think the Bucs’ tablets feel? Probably only a bit better than a Russian conscript.

6-3 Cowboys over NYG at NYG. 39:09 left. Kind of a snoozer thus far on MNF.