Page 37 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2735363738 LastLast
Results 721 to 740 of 746

Thread: 2022 NFL Season

  1. #721
    Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    I feel like I don't ask for much. Is it too much to ask for a shootout decided in the last minute?
    You got it!

  2. #722
    Didnít have a dog in this fight but getting tired of officialís calls determining the outcome of games.

  3. #723
    Yeah, definitely anticlimactic with that penalty. Smith-Schuster made the mistake of running out of bounds 5 plays or so earlier.

  4. #724
    Quote Originally Posted by tommy View Post
    Surprised they could score 38 on that Eagle defense. Game pretty even the whole day. Difference maybe the scoop and score.
    Philly had no sacks and no hurries I think. Kansas City really got the ball off in a hurry on offense

  5. #725
    I'm very happy!

  6. #726
    Quote Originally Posted by Luke102452 View Post
    Didnít have a dog in this fight but getting tired of officialís calls determining the outcome of games.
    That wasn't a terrible call. It was debatable but not downright egregious. He did one of the things that you can't do. Put a hand on a dude's hip when he gets past you.

  7. #727
    Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    I'm very happy!
    Congrats dink!

  8. #728
    Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    That wasn't a terrible call. It was debatable but not downright egregious. He did one of the things that you can't do. Put a hand on a dude's hip when he gets past you.
    The fact is that call determines the game. KC would kick FG and we are set up for a great finish. Instead, that call determines the outcome of the game and, as you said, it was debatable and maybe should not have been called in that situation. Given what happened yesterday, I am just sick and tired of games being determined by an officials call, or non call.

  9. #729
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    North of Durham
    Quote Originally Posted by Luke102452 View Post
    The fact is that call determines the game. KC would kick FG and we are set up for a great finish. Instead, that call determines the outcome of the game and, as you said, it was debatable and maybe should not have been called in that situation. Given what happened yesterday, I am just sick and tired of games being determined by an officials call, or non call.
    This was not even remotely comparable to yesterday. Yesterday's situation was black and white - there is the probability that Kyle doesn't hit the foul shots but otherwise it was pretty cut and dry. In this case, a lot had to play out. Plus it was a close call in real time - I tend to think it was not a penalty but one could make a decent argument it was. There was so much more to the game than that play.

    There's enough drama in life, as we learned yesterday. Let's chill out a bit and not overly manufacture it where it doesn't truly exist. If you don't like it, stop watching.

  10. #730
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Mechanicsburg, PA
    Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    That wasn't a terrible call. It was debatable but not downright egregious. He did one of the things that you can't do. Put a hand on a dude's hip when he gets past you.
    Agreed and of course we will never know if KC makes the longer FG and then Philly can drive down to score. But other than that one blown coverage, KCís defense was excellent in the second half. Throw in the missed FG and I feel like KC was a deserving winner.

  11. #731
    I just felt shorted by my love Rihanna. But see apparently she is preggers. I give her a half-pass.

  12. #732
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Steamboat Springs, CO
    Quote Originally Posted by CameronDuke View Post
    By letter of the law that was a penalty on Philly but feels kinda anti climatic and like a weak call. But it probably was a penalty. In that situation on this stage it just feels anti climatic to me. Boring ending to an otherwise entertaining game.
    The defensive holding call was totally BS. The KC receiver was unaffected by the very slight contact.

    Just under two minutes left, and Eagles would get the ball if no penalty.

  13. #733
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNotCrazie View Post
    This was not even remotely comparable to yesterday. Yesterday's situation was black and white - there is the probability that Kyle doesn't hit the foul shots but otherwise it was pretty cut and dry. In this case, a lot had to play out. Plus it was a close call in real time - I tend to think it was not a penalty but one could make a decent argument it was. There was so much more to the game than that play.

    There's enough drama in life, as we learned yesterday. Let's chill out a bit and not overly manufacture it where it doesn't truly exist. If you don't like it, stop watching.
    It wasnít a penalty, certainly not given the way the game had been called up to that point. And while there are no guarantees that the Eagles would have gotten down the field, the call did take away any chance they had of a tying or even a winning score. Thatís not manufacturing drama - thatís lamenting that after 58 minutes of entertaining football, one bad call essentially ended the game, refs are never held accountable, and the NFL will continue to shrug about it.

  14. #734
    Quote Originally Posted by jafarr1 View Post
    It wasn’t a penalty, certainly not given the way the game had been called up to that point. And while there are no guarantees that the Eagles would have gotten down the field, the call did take away any chance they had of a tying or even a winning score. That’s not manufacturing drama - that’s lamenting that after 58 minutes of entertaining football, one bad call essentially ended the game, refs are never held accountable, and the NFL will continue to shrug about it.
    Bradberry speaks:
    "It was a holding,” Bradberry said, via Mike Giardi of NFL Media. “I tugged his jersey. I was hoping they would let it slide.”
    https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-let-it-slide/

    Watching it again, I do see a tug near the beginning. The left arm around his waist isn't the tug though, and that seems pretty tame.

    Still, officials often let something like that "slide" as Bradberry said he was hoping for. It certainly wasn't close to an egregious hold. But you can see a slight jersey pull earlier if watch the whole thing. It was something that is typically probably not called a penalty, but I don't think it's a horribly wrong call either. In other words, I think it shouldn't have been called myself so I agree with you overall, but can also see some justification for the call. And certainly the penalty had a major consequence of not giving Philly a chance to march down the field.

  15. #735
    Quote Originally Posted by Luke102452 View Post
    The fact is that call determines the game. KC would kick FG and we are set up for a great finish. Instead, that call determines the outcome of the game and, as you said, it was debatable and maybe should not have been called in that situation. Given what happened yesterday, I am just sick and tired of games being determined by an officials call, or non call.
    Yeah? Well, Kansas City was robbed of a touchdown earlier in the game after Miles Sanders caught a pass and then almost immediately fumbled after a huge hit by L'Jarius Sneed, which enabled Nick Bolton to pick it up and run for the Chiefs second defensive touchdown of the game.

    Had that touchdown not been stolen from Kansas City the game would likely have not come down to the last minute.

  16. #736
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven43 View Post
    Yeah? Well, Kansas City was robbed of a touchdown earlier in the game after Miles Sanders caught a pass and then almost immediately fumbled after a huge hit by L'Jarius Sneed, which enabled Nick Bolton to pick it up and run for the Chiefs second defensive touchdown of the game.

    Had that touchdown not been stolen from Kansas City the game would likely have not come down to the last minute.
    The Eagles were up 24-14 at the half. They didn't lose that game because of that penalty call, which even the player who committed the penalty admitted was a legit call. They lost the game because in the 2nd half they went 17 plays and ended up kicking a field goal, then went 3 and out, and on the ensuing punt gave up a 65 yard return that gave the Chiefs 1st and goal at the 4, where the Chiefs punched it in for their first lead at 28-27.

    I'm just tired of whining about officiating, especially in cases when the call was actually right. Don't want to leave it in the hands of the officials? MAKE MORE PLAYS. I have nothing but respect for Hurts, the Eagles and their coaches and players. They had a great game plan and they played their butts off. but they should have gotten more than 3 points ou those two 2nd half drives if they wanted to win the game.

    Let's say the penalty isn't called, and the Chiefs get the field goal and then the Eagles get the ball drive down the field and score a winning touchdown. Do the Chiefs get to bitch about a non called defensive hold that would have salted the game away for them? What if Bradbery after the game says "I tugged his jersey and fortunately they let it slide?" Would they have been allowed to bitch about other judgement calls that went against them like the Goedert catch and the other disallowed fumble recovery and score?

    MAKE MORE PLAYS! The Chiefs made more plays than the Eagles, especially in the 2nd half, and that's why they won, by a narrow margin, Super Bowl 57. Thanks to all the players on coaches on both sides for a great season and a wonderful Super Bowl, and I'd say that even if the Chiefs didn't win.

    These games (basketball and football) are officiated by part time working imperfect human beings trying to apply a complicated rule book in real time to large, very athletic people coming into physical contact iwht each other. They aren't going to be perfect, and if your game plan on them being so, you are planning to lose. .

  17. #737
    Quote Originally Posted by chris13 View Post
    The Eagles were up 24-14 at the half. They didn't lose that game because of that penalty call, which even the player who committed the penalty admitted was a legit call. They lost the game because in the 2nd half they went 17 plays and ended up kicking a field goal, then went 3 and out, and on the ensuing punt gave up a 65 yard return that gave the Chiefs 1st and goal at the 4, where the Chiefs punched it in for their first lead at 28-27.

    I'm just tired of whining about officiating, especially in cases when the call was actually right. Don't want to leave it in the hands of the officials? MAKE MORE PLAYS. I have nothing but respect for Hurts, the Eagles and their coaches and players. They had a great game plan and they played their butts off. but they should have gotten more than 3 points ou those two 2nd half drives if they wanted to win the game.

    Let's say the penalty isn't called, and the Chiefs get the field goal and then the Eagles get the ball drive down the field and score a winning touchdown. Do the Chiefs get to bitch about a non called defensive hold that would have salted the game away for them? What if Bradbery after the game says "I tugged his jersey and fortunately they let it slide?" Would they have been allowed to bitch about other judgement calls that went against them like the Goedert catch and the other disallowed fumble recovery and score?

    MAKE MORE PLAYS! The Chiefs made more plays than the Eagles, especially in the 2nd half, and that's why they won, by a narrow margin, Super Bowl 57. Thanks to all the players on coaches on both sides for a great season and a wonderful Super Bowl, and I'd say that even if the Chiefs didn't win.

    These games (basketball and football) are officiated by part time working imperfect human beings trying to apply a complicated rule book in real time to large, very athletic people coming into physical contact iwht each other. They aren't going to be perfect, and if your game plan on them being so, you are planning to lose. .
    I'm not trying to Patrick Swayze you, but ditto.

  18. #738
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Outside Philly
    Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    I'm very happy!
    Congrats! Heck of a game!

  19. #739
    Very evenly matched teams. Many said it was hard to pick a favorite and they were right. Game pretty much came down to whoever had the ball last.

  20. #740
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Summerville ,S.C.
    1st half was the Eagles second half was chiefs .adjustments were key .
    I'd like to give a shout to Bryan Waterman
    field director and choreographer for the Super Bowl Halftime show. He produces live events all over the world and this is his 17th Super Bowl.another graduate of my sons highschool .plus Quinn and Dunlap.
    My sins coach was invited by Dunlap.
    Steve looked like he had a blast.

    This is a pic of him and Dunlap.


    upload pic

    I Really enjoyed this game .even though my boys weren't in it.

    Carlos is really a good kid .does a lot for the community and school.

Similar Threads

  1. DWBB 2022-23 Season
    By dudog84 in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 709
    Last Post: 12-30-2022, 10:11 AM
  2. 2022 MLB Season
    By CameronDuke in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 617
    Last Post: 11-06-2022, 02:48 PM
  3. 2022 NBA Off-season
    By JasonEvans in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 748
    Last Post: 10-17-2022, 03:08 PM
  4. 2021-2022 PGA Tour Season
    By CameronDuke in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 547
    Last Post: 09-22-2022, 05:51 PM
  5. 2022 NFL Off Season
    By bundabergdevil in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 147
    Last Post: 09-08-2022, 10:05 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •