Page 3 of 38 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 NFL Season

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDukie View Post
    That’s what my boss says every time he fails to give me a raise.
    LOL. I will also add the required reference to OPK's honeymoon...

Wisconsin Badger Russell Wilson met with a chorus of boos as he takes the field in Seattle as a Denver Bronco on Monday Night Football.

Joe Buck makes bud Monday Night Football debut tonight too.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronDuke View Post
    Wisconsin Badger Russell Wilson met with a chorus of boos as he takes the field in Seattle as a Denver Bronco on Monday Night Football.

Joe Buck makes bud Monday Night Football debut tonight too.
    That just don’t seem right.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    This game feels like it should be on a Sunday on Fox at 1 or 4 pm ET!

I love my Seahawks, but Seattle sports fans are a strange and fickle bunch.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Two back to back goal line fumbles by Denver. That's impressive. (Lost both of them)
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Two back to back goal line fumbles by Denver. That's impressive. (Lost both of them)
    I'm impressed with what my Seahawks done so far, but those two fumbles make us look a little better than I think we are.

1-0! I did not see that coming.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Seattle survived more than won. Not a single point scored in the second half, they were very lucky to have the one point victory.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    1-0! I did not see that coming.
    Congrats. Fun game. They seemed to be doing everything possible to blow it but held on. Unclear play calling at the end by Denver.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Seattle survived more than won. Not a single point scored in the second half, they were very lucky to have the one point victory.
    And very lucky the Denver coach thought the chances of making a 64 yard FG were better than of picking up 5 yards with Russell Wilson. Oof.

Isn’t the reason you went out and got Wilson is to trust him to make plays in just that type of situation?

Quote Originally Posted by tommy View Post
    And very lucky the Denver coach thought the chances of making a 64 yard FG were better than of picking up 5 yards with Russell Wilson. Oof.

Isn’t the reason you went out and got Wilson is to trust him to make plays in just that type of situation?
    One would think.

Loved Russ with Seattle, will always appreciate the trophy he earned us. But his last two seasons look a bit suspicious in retrospect. I know Geno isn't the long-term answer, but I don't see Russell being a top tier QB for much longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    I love my Seahawks, but Seattle sports fans are a strange and fickle bunch.
    Yeah, he was a good QB and guy for them.

Tom Brady has never lost to the Cowboys. That must grind some gears in Jerryworld.

Tom Brady has never lost to the Cowboys. That must grind some gears in Jerryworld.
    I bet it does. Hey, has Tom found a new wife yet?

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    I bet it does. Hey, has Tom found a new wife yet?
    Tom is a handsome and rich man. I wonder what I'd look like in makeup and a nice wig? And would the wife let me out a couple of times a week?

Been tough being a Cowboys fan since I was a teenager in the 90s.
    How tough can it be. According to ESPN you guys are going to win every year. You get more press than anyone but Brady and even with Dak out ESPN will pick your team to win the East and show every single highlight from your games over and over again even when other teams that actually do win get less coverage...

The Tampa Defense did a great job Sunday to win that game. It'll be interesting to see what Tom's level of play will be this year because he was not good at all against the Cowboys (which we all know because that game was covered 38 times by ESPN over the last 24 hours). Has father time finally caught up with Tom?

I have to admit that I really enjoyed this first weekend of the football season. There were lots of good games. Some teams (Bills) looked really good.

Watching Peyton and Eli agonize over the 30 seconds that Denver ran off the clock before calling a TO was hysterical. Must see TV! https://twitter.com/ESPNNFL/status/1...mpaign=5045300
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by elvis14 View Post
    The Tampa Defense did a great job Sunday to win that game. It'll be interesting to see what Tom's level of play will be this year because he was not good at all against the Cowboys (which we all know because that game was covered 38 times by ESPN over the last 24 hours). Has father time finally caught up with Tom?
    Only the first week, but I didn't think Tom looked bad. You have to remember he's playing with a completely different, and very deficient, OL. Plus his receivers were in and out of the game a good bit with injuries.

Bottom line, the Bucs were able to run the ball effectively and that limited anything Tom may have needed to do to get them the win. So I'm not ready to say he's dropping off the proverbial cliff this year (which will be his last).

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDukie View Post
    Only the first week, but I didn't think Tom looked bad. You have to remember he's playing with a completely different, and very deficient, OL. Plus his receivers were in and out of the game a good bit with injuries.

Bottom line, the Bucs were able to run the ball effectively and that limited anything Tom may have needed to do to get them the win. So I'm not ready to say he's dropping off the proverbial cliff this year (which will be his last).
    I'm not trying to throw Tom under the bus or anything, he's proved me wrong too many times. I just thought he looked pretty bad Sunday but it's just one game and he took some time off in the preseason. At his age I always wonder when it'll happen.

One of the most interesting things about this first week is that it's hard to have context. For example: is the Bucs defense that good? Or is the Cowboys offense that bad? It'll take a few weeks to get that answered. Brady might be back to looking great next week. The Commanders beat the Jags. The Jags were awful last season so does the win mean anything? Won't really know until we see the Jags play more games (and the Commanders). Are the Bills that good or did the Rams come out slow (note, I suspect the Bills are that good).

Going to be a fun month of football...I even went to the Clemson game on Saturday!