Page 18 of 38 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 NFL Season

Damar Hamlin Has Breathing Tube Removed and Is Talking!

Hamlin was speaking by video chat on Friday to teammates and coaches, as they met in preparation for a game on Sunday against the New England Patriots.

“What he said to the team: ‘Love you boys,’” the Bills said.

Hamlin’s doctors at the University of Cincinnati Medical Center said Thursday that even though Hamlin had shown progress, it was still far too early to determine whether he will be able to fully recover.

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/01/06/s...imes&smtyp=cur

Hey kids, we’ve got ourselves a hard-hitting, intense, meaningful football game happening in Jacksonville as I write this. Check it out!

My Seahawks win on overtime. Just need Detroit to win in Lambeau...

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    My Seahawks win on overtime. Just need Detroit to win in Lambeau...
    Hell YES!!

Goodnight, Aaron Liar Rodgers, and hello Seattle!

Packers looked good.
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

It didn't mean anything, but it was still fun to kick the Cowgirls in the face today.

Quote Originally Posted by rsvman View Post
    It didn't mean anything, but it was still fun to kick the Cowgirls in the face today.
    The team formerly known as Redskins has an entire off-season to celebrate their hollow victory over Dallas when they (the Cowboys) weren’t even trying because their playoff seeding was already assured and they just wanted to give their players a little warmup to keep the blood flowing while not getting any injuries.

Oh, but first the TFKAR will be firing their coach, Ron Rivera (yes, Ron, Washington was indeed eliminated last week), and then searching for the next sacrificial lamb for Daniel Snyder, the worst owner in professional sports.

“Hail to the…….Commanders”??

Quote Originally Posted by Steven43 View Post
    The team formerly known as Redskins has an entire off-season to celebrate their hollow victory over Dallas when they (the Cowboys) weren’t even trying because their playoff seeding was already assured and they just wanted to give their players a little warmup to keep the blood flowing while not getting any injuries.

Oh, but first the TFKAR will be firing their coach, Ron Rivera (yes, Ron, Washington was indeed eliminated last week), and then searching for the next sacrificial lamb for Daniel Snyder, the worst owner in professional sports.

Cowboys fan a little salty about heading to TB to play Tom?

As another Cowboys fan, I’m salty about the upcoming loss to Brady who magically gets a home game with his 8-9 team. Of course TB will win because that’s what happens when Brady plays the Cowboys and I doubt even Dak has any confidence in himself…

Quote Originally Posted by AGDukesky View Post
    As another Cowboys fan, I’m salty about the upcoming loss to Brady who magically gets a home game with his 8-9 team. Of course TB will win because that’s what happens when Brady plays the Cowboys and I doubt even Dak has any confidence in himself…
    Yeah, beware. My Seahawks had a losing record and hosted the Saints, leading to the Marshawn Lynch Beastquake.

Lol, not at all. I’m honestly quite confident about the Cowboys beating Tampa Bay next week.

I just don’t like losing to the team formerly known as Redskins, even if Dallas had little incentive to win and was just going through the motions. There was a time when Cowboys v Redskins was the most intense rivalry in the NFL. It’s difficult to let go of that level of hatred. In fact, I simply can’t do it. 😜

Lol, not at all. I’m honestly quite confident about the Cowboys beating Tampa Bay next week.

😜
    dood...seriously? it's THE COWBOYS !!!!!
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

Quote Originally Posted by moonpie23 View Post
    dood...seriously? it's THE COWBOYS !!!!!
    Ha! I will admit the recent playoff performances have been just so-so. Dallas beat Detroit in the 2014 playoffs, then lost to Green Bay at Lambeau 21-16 in a game stolen by the refs on the Dez Bryant catch that actually was a TD. Then in 2016 Dallas lost to Green Bay 34-31 after Rodgers completed a truly miraculous throw to Cook for 35 yds on 3rd and 20 with 12 seconds to go in the game. Then in 2018 Dallas beat Seattle and then lost on the road to the LA Rams 30-22. Then in 2021 Dallas lost to San Francisco 23-17.

Now here we are on the eve of another Dallas playoff game and I’m GUARANTEEING a Cowboys victory on Monday night (Jan. 16) in Tampa Bay over the Buccaneers and some guy named Tom Brady. Tell your wives, tell your kids, tell all of your relatives, friends, co-workers, and acquaintances that the Dallas Cowboys will beat Tampa Bay and Tommy Boy, the greatest QB in the history of football. It’s a stone cold LOCK!🔒

Justify it as 'not even trying' if it makes you feel better, but that doesn't explain the punter dropping the ball, the punt returner dropping the catch, etc. It would be ok to admit that they just played like crap.

I mean, you have the ultimate trump card. You are in the playoffs and the Commanders aren't. No need to get testy about it. But the Commanders did beat you fair and square yesterday because your team played poorly, not because you were already assured a playoff spot.

We are in total agreement on one point: Snyders sucks. I thought he was talking about selling the team about a month ago. What happened to that? I hope he follows through.

Quote Originally Posted by rsvman View Post
    Justify it as 'not even trying' if it makes you feel better, but that doesn't explain the punter dropping the ball, the punt returner dropping the catch, etc. It would be ok to admit that they just played like crap.

I mean, you have the ultimate trump card. You are in the playoffs and the Commanders aren't. No need to get testy about it. But the Commanders did beat you fair and square yesterday because your team played poorly, not because you were already assured a playoff spot.

We are in total agreement on one point: Snyders sucks. I thought he was talking about selling the team about a month ago. What happened to that? I hope he follows through.
    Of course they played like crap — no one is denying that. I was simply offering my best guess as to WHY they played like crap. And in my opinion not having anything to play for as far as playoff positioning goes was a huge factor in the Cowboys lack of intensity and focus yesterday in DC.

You see this kind of thing time and again on the last week of the season with playoff teams lacking focus and motivation to win that last game of the regular season. It’s human nature to let up mentally and physically while saving your best effort for the games that really count.

You will see a completely different Dallas team on Monday in Tampa Bay. And if not, fire Mike McCarthy and bring on Sean Payton!

Of course they played like crap — no one is denying that. I was simply offering my best guess as to WHY they played like crap. And in my opinion not having anything to play for as far as playoff positioning goes was a huge factor in the Cowboys lack of intensity and focus yesterday in DC.

You see this kind of thing time and again on the last week of the season with playoff teams lacking focus and motivation to win that last game of the regular season. It’s human nature to let up mentally and physically while saving your best effort for the games that really count.

You will see a completely different Dallas team on Monday in Tampa Bay. And if not, fire Mike McCarthy and bring on Sean Payton!
    Yea. Cause Dallas always performs so well in the playoffs…

Quote Originally Posted by kshepinthehouse View Post
    Yea. Cause Dallas always performs so well in the playoffs…
    Only a handful of teams have won more than 2/3 of their playoff games over the past decade. The other 90% of typical playoff teams, like Dallas, have been well below that level.

The NFC East hasn't had a repeat winner in a long long time. At least thats what the talking heads said. Steven is right that the Cowboy-Redskin rivalry was up there with Duke-Cheats and Yankee-Red Sox rivalries and others. Daniel Snyder ended that. I had Prescott as my QB in the fantasy playoffs, but I chose the rookie QB from the Raiders (off waivers) to start over him. Prescott is not the QB he used to be. Of course my Washington Commanders aren't what they used to be either.

Quote Originally Posted by jv001 View Post
    Of course my Washington Commanders aren't what they used to be either.
    This is a literally true statement, I suppose.

I know intrinsically that there are probably just as many people who delight in watching Duke basketball lose as those who like watching the Cowboys lose. But only one of those things makes sense to my biased mind.

This is a literally true statement, I suppose.

I know intrinsically that there are probably just as many people who delight in watching Duke basketball lose as those who like watching the Cowboys lose. But only one of those things makes sense to my biased mind.
    Same here.

Fandom is a really weird sort of holdover from tribal instincts, maybe?