Page 15 of 38 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 NFL Season

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    After the game, they posted Brady's game winning snaps and how much time was on the clock at that point. Last night was his latest, with the snap taken with 8 seconds left in the game.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by howardlander View Post
    More unlikely than 28 - 3 in the SuperBowl?
    I believe last night and the SB comeback were the only two times in TB's career of overcoming 13+ points in the 4th quarter.

In the SB, the comeback (with a deficit of 25 points) began in the 3rd quarter, whereas here (13 point deficit) it started with about 4 minutes remaining in the 4th quarter.

You can argue which was more unlikely. Probably the Super Bowl, as the Pats had only cut it to 16 with just under 10 to go, and needed to successfully convert the 2-pt attempt twice to force overtime. Although here it was literally down to the last seconds, including needing to mentally regroup after having the winning TD called off with under 20 seconds remaining (and backing them up from the 5 to the 15).
    A text without a context is a pretext.

Baker Mayfield is playing again. That was, uh, quick.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Baker Mayfield is playing again. That was, uh, quick.
    Words said on OPK's honeymoon for 400, Alex.

Mayfield is actually playing fairly well given the circumstances.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNotCrazie View Post
    Words said on OPK's honeymoon for 400, Alex.
    Mayfield is actually playing fairly well given the circumstances.

G-D, I love a good callback. Well done!

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    O M G !!!

And an extra M for Mayfield. Wow...Of course he couldn't do that for the Panthers
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Also...to have Brady's comeback game along with this one in the same week? Amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    O M G !!!

And an extra M for Mayfield. Wow...Of course he couldn't do that for the Panthers
    Unbelievable ending. Mayfield made some incredible throws on the last drive.

The penalty by the Raiders guy where he knocked it out of Baker's hand was an incredibly dumb move and likely cost the Raiders the game.

The penalty by the Raiders guy where he knocked it out of Baker's hand was an incredibly dumb move and likely cost the Raiders the game.
    Yeah, I wouldn't want to have to be reading his inbox in the morning.

The penalty by the Raiders guy where he [knocked it out of Baker's hand] was an incredibly dumb move and likely cost the Raiders the game.
    You could use this sentence for over 75% of the Raiders’ games these past few decades and all yoh would have to do is replace the bracketed text with whichever dumb foul cost them the game.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Also...to have Brady's comeback game along with this one in the same week? Amazing.
    By the way, the parallels of timing and outcome are even more amazing. Both games, the winner was down 16-3 with under 4 to play. Both games ended at 17-16.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Panthers waved Mayfield.
    Quote Originally Posted by missfinch View Post
    He’s going to need a bigger role in the Heisman House commercials.
    What an amazing night for Baker Mayfield. After last night, they may have to build a new room in the Heisman House just for him!

Note, I'm not a Baker fan or detractor...but if you like a good story, that was it. I mean he had 1 walk thru with the team and then leads them to victory making some great throws along the way. That last TD throw was perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by elvis14 View Post
    What an amazing night for Baker Mayfield. After last night, they may have to build a new room in the Heisman House just for him!

Note, I'm not a Baker fan or detractor...but if you like a good story, that was it. I mean he had 1 walk thru with the team and then leads them to victory making some great throws along the way. That last TD throw was perfect.
    Agreed. I'm not a Panthers fan, a Browns fan, or a Baker fan. But I find myself hoping he does well.

After leading the Browns to their first playoff victory in centuries he gets booted off for a serial offender. Lands with the Panthers and obviously doesn't do what anyone had hoped.

Even if he doesn't end up a season-long starter for another NFL team, last night is a great positive for himand his story.

If this were a Disney movie, this might be the last ten minutes of the film.

Snowy weather on the way to Buffalo Saturday for the Dolphins game! ❄️

Can’t wait!

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...uffalo-weather

Quote Originally Posted by Steven43 View Post

Can’t wait!

I remember one year when Ricky Williams ran wild over the Bills in a very cold/snowy game in Buffalo. Other than that, the Dolphins have been uniformly terrible in snow or other very cold weather games over the years. I expect them to get beaten soundly again this Sunday.

To me, it's an odd thing. It's not like all the players grew up in Miami and played college football in Miami or other warm weather locations. Just because they play pro ball for a warm weather team somehow makes them unable to function in the cold, even if they've spent most of their lives there. Seems strange to me.

Quote Originally Posted by tommy View Post
    I remember one year when Ricky Williams ran wild over the Bills in a very cold/snowy game in Buffalo. Other than that, the Dolphins have been uniformly terrible in snow or other very cold weather games over the years. I expect them to get beaten soundly again this Sunday.

To me, it's an odd thing. It's not like all the players grew up in Miami and played college football in Miami or other warm weather locations. Just because they play pro ball for a warm weather team somehow makes them unable to function in the cold, even if they've spent most of their lives there. Seems strange to me.
    Is the issue that the Dolphins have largely been bad, cold or warm weather?

Before they skipped town, I was a Chargers fan for close to 20 years. I grew up a Giants fan so assumed the SoCal based team wouldn’t perform well in cold weather when I started following the Bolts. To my surprise, playing in the cold and snow didn’t seem to impact the team’s performance. In fact, Philip Rivers — an Alabama kid who played in NC, SD, LA and eventually a dome in Indy — performed quite well in the snow and wintry weather.

But you know what did affect the team? Traveling to the East Coast. Playing in a relatively similar climate in Miami or Jacksonville would affect them just as much as playing in the snow in Pittsburg or Foxborough.
    Carolina delenda est

My Seahawks play the 49ers to tonight in a game that may decide out playoff fate.

It's been a pleasantly surprising season so far, but seeing how poorly our run D played against the Panthers, I fear we are in big trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven43 View Post

Can’t wait!

It now looks like it will be flurries by the 8:15pm kickoff on Saturday night. The wind may be a problem (12-16 mph) causing the real feel temps to be 11-19 degrees. I now have to choose between Allen, Fields and Burrow as my QB this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by jv001 View Post
    It now looks like it will be flurries by the 8:15pm kickoff on Saturday night. The wind may be a problem (12-16 mph) causing the real feel temps to be 11-19 degrees. I now have to choose between Allen, Fields and Burrow as my QB this weekend.
    Doesn't Miami put visitors in direct Florida sun? No sympathy.

-jk

Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post
    Doesn't Miami put visitors in direct Florida sun? No sympathy.

-jk
    Miami Hurricanes maybe.