Page 11 of 38 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 NFL Season

Quote Originally Posted by rsvman View Post
    Possible spoiler here, but I won't be specific.

Hard to believe that what happened in the Panthers-Falcons game was real.
    I didn't bother to watch today, spoil it for me (I did check the score right around 30-40 seconds left in the 4th quarter). No such thing as spoilers in sports

Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    I didn't bother to watch today, spoil it for me (I did check the score right around 30-40 seconds left in the 4th quarter). No such thing as spoilers in sports
    The Falcons gave the game away to the Panthers. But the Panthers didn’t want the win, so they gave it back to the Falcons. Twice!

Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    Sporked the story to you.

Taylor Heinicke isn’t the most talented or impressive QB in the NFL by far but he sure is a gamer. Washington rallied down 16-7 in the 4th quarter to stun the Colts on the road 17-16. Washington is back to .500 at 4-4.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by rsvman View Post
    Possible spoiler here, but I won't be specific.

Hard to believe that what happened in the Panthers-Falcons game was real.
    HA! I watched what I thought was the end, so I told my girlfriend who had been begging to go for a walk that we could finally leave. Got back and looked at final score, totally scratching my head.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronDuke View Post
    Taylor Heinicke isn’t the most talented or impressive QB in the NFL by far but he sure is a gamer. Washington rallied down 16-7 in the 4th quarter to stun the Colts on the road 17-16. Washington is back to .500 at 4-4.
    Dude has chutzpah, for sure. But the win was really all about McLaurin's almost incredible catch at the one yard line. If you didn't see it, find it on Youtube or wherever you get your highlights.

The pass was essentially an interception, until Scary Terry just ripped the ball out of the defender's hands.

For the Commanders, that was two wins by a total of three points, I believe.

Don’t know if anyone has been following the Britt Reid DWI case. Despite giving a little girl life changing injuries, he was not sentenced to the maximum and may be paroled after just a year in jail

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...in-prison/amp/

Dolphins made a big move today, trading for Broncos pass-rushing LB Bradley Chubb. Could be just what the doctor ordered as I think the pass rush has been the weak spot of the defense, and Chubb is right behind Parsons and Garrett in QB pressures so far this season. And he plays the run well too. Yeah the Dolphins will have to pay him a big number to retain him after this year, but a guy who can consistently pressure the QB is one of the most important things a winning team must have.

This also means that the Dolphins have now turned that #3 overall pick they traded to the Niners (who used it on Trey Lance) into Tyreek Hill, Jalen Waddle, and Bradley Chubb. Pretty awesome maneuvering by the front office -- and that is not something that has been said very often about the Dolphins in the last 30 years.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Don’t know if anyone has been following the Britt Reid DWI case. Despite giving a little girl life changing injuries, he was not sentenced to the maximum and may be paroled after just a year in jail

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...in-prison/amp/
    It is a really horrible story - I feel awful for the family of the girl. And not Britt's first time having trouble with the law - in 2007 a judge called the Reid home "a family in crisis" and "a drug emporium." So much more I want to say...

Snyder is considering selling some or all of the team.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...ommanders-sale

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNotCrazie View Post
    Snyder is considering selling some or all of the team.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...ommanders-sale
    Fantastic! I hope he doesn't let the door hit him in the butt on the way out.

packers looked immunized...
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

Jets at 6-3 going into the bye week

J-E-T-S Jets Jets Jets

Quite the turnaround from last week's debacle (especially for Wilson).

Far exceeding my expectations (was a season ticket holder since the Titans days until they moved to the swamps).

rams deserved to lose that game...
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

Quote Originally Posted by moonpie23 View Post
    rams deserved to lose that game...
    I'm not a gambler so not familiar with the brave new world of in game betting. Was there a way you could bet on the Bucs winning when they got the ball back for the final drive? What were the odds at that point?

Quote Originally Posted by duke74 View Post
    J-E-T-S Jets Jets Jets

Quite the turnaround from last week's debacle (especially for Wilson).

Far exceeding my expectations (was a season ticket holder since the Titans days until they moved to the swamps).
    Wow. Have been a fan since Matt Snell. He showed up at Lakehurst Naval Airstation for reserve duty and my dad was in charge and told him he was sure the Jets didn’t want him jumping out of planes!

Loved Broadway Joe. Jets fan ever since.

Got to meet Joe and my hero Don Maynard at a show.

Noah Gray with another great catch on Sunday night football — the most recent on a tough long throw from Mahomes to extend the game winning drive in OT.

Quote Originally Posted by cato View Post
    Noah Gray with another great catch on Sunday night football — the most recent on a tough long throw from Mahomes to extend the game winning drive in OT.
    H was quite the juggler!

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    The Colts are coach shopping now.

One day after one of the Indianapolis Colts' worst offensive performances in recent memory, the team fired fifth-year head coach Frank Reich.
    https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...tumbling-colts
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Wow. Interesting mid-season firing. I don't follow them too closely but I thought Reich was pretty well liked heading into this season and has had the difficulty of not having a lot to work with at the QB position, which is kind of important. I saw a comment earlier today about how a few years ago they basically had the choice between Vrabel and McDaniels as coach, chose McDaniels, who then backed out, and Vrabel has gone on to do nicely with the Titans.

They named Jeff Saturday as interim coach, which is also odd. Despite him being a Tar Heel, I really enjoy watching him on the ESPN talking head shows (my son is obsessed with them so I get stuck watching) - he seems like a smart guy with a good sense of humor. But his only coaching experience is a HS in Georgia, so this is a pretty big leap.