Page 13 of 38 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 NFL Season

Quote Originally Posted by rsvman View Post
    How sweet it is!
    5-5 and going to Houston this weekend. The Eagles are a very good football team, and this was a good win. The Commanders will probably get Chase Young back for their defense this week.

That was a sweet win last night. The Commanders basically ran the ball right down Philly's throat all night long. Time of posession was something like 40-20 good guys.

Quote Originally Posted by jv001 View Post
    5-5 and going to Houston this weekend. The Eagles are a very good football team, and this was a good win. The Commanders will probably get Chase Young back for their defense this week.
    Commanders have a good shot at being 6-5 after next week. They have had a couple of bad games early (Detroit, Philly) where the team wasn't ready (DC took like 6 weeks to get the defense going). If they can win more than they lose going forward there's a chance they could sneak into the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by arnie View Post
    Short lived I imagine, but sweet it is. Crazy 3rd down domination by the whatevers in the 1st half.
    It's not the "whatevers" it's the Washington Commanders. Sorry you got confused. If you want to figure it out, just Google which team just kicked the crap out of the previously undefeated Eagles. SMDH

HTTC

Quote Originally Posted by jv001 View Post
    Wish we could get Holcomb back, too.

And I hope they don't go back to Wentz.

Wish we could get Holcomb back, too.

And I hope they don't go back to Wentz.
    You and I agree on both Holcomb and Wentz.

Chiefs always make it interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    Chiefs always make it interesting.
    Agreed. But even so, barring injury, it looks like they’re headed back to the Super Bowl yet again. The Bills are just not the dominant team that I thought they were a few weeks back. And I don’t see anyone else in the AFC that poses a real threat to Kansas City.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDukie View Post
    Agreed. But even so, barring injury, it looks like they’re headed back to the Super Bowl yet again. The Bills are just not the dominant team that I thought they were a few weeks back. And I don’t see anyone else in the AFC that poses a real threat to Kansas City.
    Please stop trying to jinx my team!

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    Please stop trying to jinx my team!
    I’ve given my sworn oath I’m not doing any jinxing this year. Seriously.

I think it’s obvious that Kansas City is the best team in the AFC and will represent in the Super Bowl again, barring injuries. I think they are as good as they’ve ever been over the last five years.

The NFC is a little murkier for me. Philadelphia looks like the best team, but I’m still not quite sure if I can go all in on them yet.

I’ve given my sworn oath I’m not doing any jinxing this year. Seriously.

I think it’s obvious that Kansas City is the best team in the AFC and will represent in the Super Bowl again, barring injuries. I think they are as good as they’ve ever been over the last five years.

The NFC is a little murkier for me. Philadelphia looks like the best team, but I’m still not quite sure if I can go all in on them yet.
    What a player the Chiefs have in Mahomes. They're down 2 receivers, never mind, just throw it to Kelce the tight end. I love to watch their games because the offense is a thing of beauty.

Keeping the focus on football, I have to admit I'd be perfectly happy for Deshawn Watson to have nothing but fumbles and interceptions for the duration of his career.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Keeping the focus on football, I have to admit I'd be perfectly happy for Deshawn Watson to have nothing but fumbles and interceptions for the duration of his career.
    I’m not one to wish bodily harm even to my worst enemy but a targeting to his groin seems like it would be appropriate.

Ties are SOooooooo dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Ties are SOooooooo dumb.
    You have a viable alternative?

I don't enjoy them, either, but I don't think they are dumb, and they are preferable to inventing some cockamamie scheme that barely resembles football in order to resolve them.

You have a viable alternative?

I don't enjoy them, either, but I don't think they are dumb, and they are preferable to inventing some cockamamie scheme that barely resembles football in order to resolve them.
    Keep playing football until someone scores and the opponent doesn’t with the same opportunity. I mean, there are dozens of decent routes to avoid a tie!

Bengals peaking at the right time?

Bengals peaking at the right time?
    Is it January? Then no.
    Bad officials are elected by good citizens who do not vote. - George Jean Nathan

Quote Originally Posted by dudog84 View Post
    Is it January? Then no.
    OK. Are they preparing to begin to peak at the right time?

Keep playing football until someone scores and the opponent doesn’t with the same opportunity. I mean, there are dozens of decent routes to avoid a tie!
    So, turn the clocks off and give each team one possession? Start them on the opposite 30 or maybe 35? See what happens?

And if both teams score a field goal, then what? Do it again the same way? Or maybe start on the 40 this time?

And then again? And again?

You have to be a lot more specific then just 'play until somebody wins.' And they can't be playing endless overtimes, because the season has already been expanded to 18 games and the risk of injury plus the general wear and tear has to be managed.

In short, the situation is a lot more complicated than you would like it to be. And it just may be that there are other concerns/contingencies that may slightly outweigh your particular disdain for the concept of a tie.

I'll let the player's union know that you hate 'em, though, just in case they weren't already aware.

So, turn the clocks off and give each team one possession? Start them on the opposite 30 or maybe 35? See what happens?

And if both teams score a field goal, then what? Do it again the same way? Or maybe start on the 40 this time?

And then again? And again?

You have to be a lot more specific then just 'play until somebody wins.' And they can't be playing endless overtimes, because the season has already been expanded to 18 games and the risk of injury plus the general wear and tear has to be managed.

In short, the situation is a lot more complicated than you would like it to be. And it just may be that there are other concerns/contingencies that may slightly outweigh your particular disdain for the concept of a tie.

I'll let the player's union know that you hate 'em, though, just in case they weren't already aware
    Yes, I would like them to bang at it until someone wins and I expect most fans feel the same way. My POV is that of someone who watches football to be entertained. In pro football, frankly, I don't care if they juice to the max or do a 10 minute waltz in the end zone when they score a TD, this is a game involving a ball in front of tens of thousands of fans who mostly want to see violence. So, while I appreciate you suggesting the situation is more complicated, it isn't if you're only viewing the game through the lens of Russell Crowe, "Are you not entertained", which I am. This is a modern coliseum and I'm just a dumb, run of the mill plebe crazing blood and a clear victor.

Yes, I would like them to bang at it until someone wins and I expect most fans feel the same way. My POV is that of someone who watches football to be entertained. In pro football, frankly, I don't care if they juice to the max or do a 10 minute waltz in the end zone when they score a TD, this is a game involving a ball in front of tens of thousands of fans who mostly want to see violence. So, while I appreciate you suggesting the situation is more complicated, it isn't if you're only viewing the game through the lens of Russell Crowe, "Are you not entertained", which I am. This is a modern coliseum and I'm just a dumb, run of the mill plebe crazing blood and a clear victor.
    Must spread sporks. Well said.