Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by HayYou View Post
    But neither will they join another conference. And I think they like the ACC wrt every other sport.
    there is zero reason for ND to join the ACC...and with the new TV deal imminent, as you say, they will get their wish and make gobs of money being independent. Only joining the B1G at some point would make the slightest sense, and that's very unlikely.

Scott Frost and Nebraska

I heard a great stat on the Full Ride radio show with Chris Childers and Rick Neuheisel.

If Scott Frost wins his next 50 games as Nebraska head, with no losses, he will still have a worse record than Bo Pelini had when Pelini was fired.

Quote Originally Posted by MartyClark View Post
    I heard a great stat on the Full Ride radio show with Chris Childers and Rick Neuheisel.

If Scott Frost wins his next 50 games as Nebraska head, with no losses, he will still have a worse record than Bo Pelini had when Pelini was fired.
    I don't remember exactly why but I've always found Scott Frost unlikable.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    The SEC might be ok at this whole football thing.

Every single team in the conference won their opening game,
    Except LSU.

FSU 24, LSU 23.
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    Except LSU.

FSU 24, LSU 23.
    What a weekend of completely insane finishes.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    What a weekend of completely insane finishes.
    Yes. This game was absolutely nuts.

Yes, and the next pass looked bobbled.
    Wait, you're not saying that the ACC referees made some questionable calls are you? That would never happen

Those weren't the only head scratchers - I was worried that they actually were going to call targeting when the OSU tackler tripped (head first) into the ball carrier. The late hit on the ND quarterback's slide was pretty shaky as well. All of that said, I've seen several comments in this and other threads that seem to suggest that OSU's performance on Saturday night was lacking. After Notre Dame's touchdown with 11:56 to go in the 2nd quarter:

- Notre Dame had 6 possessions, 4 first downs (one each on four separate possessions), and gained 101 yards
    - The Irish only got past their own 35-yard line twice

For the game:

- Notre Dame had 76 rushing yards - OSU had two running backs each exceed that total
    - First downs were 22 to 12
    - Total yards were 395 to 253

That Jim Knowles guy seems to know a thing or two about defense!

Gambling

The Bama-Texas line opened at -17… which is a huge number.
    In 24 hours it has moved to Bama -21. Some gambling experts think it could reach -28 by the time kickoff happens.

Want a really interesting line? Tennessee is -7 on the road at Pitt. Pitt is ranked (Tenn is not) and just handled a pretty good W. Vir team this weekend by 7.

If I had a bookie, I’d be all over Pitt getting 7 points.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    In 24 hours it has moved to Bama -21. Some gambling experts think it could reach -28 by the time kickoff happens.

Want a really interesting line? Tennessee is -7 on the road at Pitt. Pitt is ranked (Tenn is not) and just handled a pretty good W. Vir team this weekend by 7.

Both teams looked awful in that game. WVU fumbled it three times and tossed one INT. (Luckily for them they recovered two of the fumbles.) Coaching on both sides was pretty iffy, too. Pitt saved their bacon with a timely pick six, but they weren't looking good at all throughout. "Handled" is a stretch, "matched ineptness" might be a better way to look at it.
    Last edited by CameronBornAndBred; 09-05-2022 at 11:24 PM.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Stoked for Duke football recognition. But having four ACC teams singled out for "down" is a bummer!

Stoked for Duke football recognition. But having four ACC teams singled out for "down" is a bummer!
    I just care about BC and VT stock going down after our games with them

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    It should be five.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by AGDukesky View Post
    I just care about BC and VT stock going down after our games with them
    Oh, I'm much more worried about their stock going UP after we play! I'm happy to thump them so hard their stock goes DOWN.

Didn't last season's Duke opener teach you not to bet on college football?

Quote Originally Posted by Papa John View Post
    Didn't last season's Duke opener teach you not to bet on college football?

Home

The SEC might be ok at this whole football thing.

Every single team in the conference won their opening game, including 11 wins by 20+ points. Georgia just manhandled the #11 team in the land while Florida beat the #7 team. 8 SEC opponents scored 10 or fewer points.

Yup, this might be a decent league.
    I didn't really notice any true away games, GA played down the road from their home field at the GA dome I believe, so that game doesn't show up as a home game, but it was essentially as Oregon travelled across country. SEC almost never travels anywhere against competition, though I don't know if it would have mattered, but it may have made a difference for Cinci, Elon, and Utah.

WF QB Hartman has been cleared to play after blood clot issue is resolved.

https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...ood-clot-issue
    "This is the best of all possible worlds."
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

Quote Originally Posted by Kfanarmy View Post
    I didn't really notice any true away games, GA played down the road from their home field at the GA dome I believe, so that game doesn't show up as a home game, but it was essentially as Oregon travelled across country. SEC almost never travels anywhere against competition, though I don't know if it would have mattered, but it may have made a difference for Cinci, Elon, and Utah.
    True, but GA kicked the foie gras out of the Ducks.

The home game didn't help LSU much.

Quote Originally Posted by Papa John View Post
    The home game didn't help LSU much.
    Technically, it was not a home game. Game was played in the New Orleans Superdome. LSU plays their home games in Baton Rouge.
    Bob Green