Page 1 of 29 12311 ... LastLast

College Football 2022 Thread

Didn’t see this thread already so here it is!

I was surprised to see no discussion about the CFP expanding to 12 teams by 2026. Very curious how that impacts all the conference movement.

Georgia looks like it’s picking up where it left off last season. Putting up 14 points quickly on Oregon.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDukie View Post
    Georgia looks like it’s picking up where it left off last season. Putting up 14 points quickly on Oregon.
    Yeah, Oregon has actually looked okay but a couple of dropped passes and giving up a first down on 3rd and 11 have really hurt the Ducks.

Georgia might be good.

Georgia makes it 28-3 late in 1st half. Bulldogs look good.
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    Georgia makes it 28-3 late in 1st half. Bulldogs look good.
    Dominant performance thus far.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDukie View Post
    Dominant performance thus far.
    You watching me eat this burrito, huh?

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    You watching me eat this burrito, huh?
    Oh my! 😂

Lame Week 1 aside from Duke. Most of the higher ranked teams are cruising, UNC and NC State games were fun but the deciding plays in the end were self-destructive mistakes by their opponents.

Really impressive showing by Notre Dame so far against Ohio State. OSU was supposed to be an offensive juggernaut but have been held to 7 points late in the 3rd.

Quote Originally Posted by AGDukesky View Post
    Really impressive showing by Notre Dame so far against Ohio State. OSU was supposed to be an offensive juggernaut but have been held to 7 points late in the 3rd.
    For those that might not have kept up with him, Jim Knowles is in his first year as DC for Ohio State.

As an aside, I always thought that was when our defense fell off a cliff - when he left to go to Oklahoma St. in 2018.

A few calls went OSU's way in this drive. I think it's over.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    A few calls went OSU's way in this drive. I think it's over.
    Totally agree on both counts. That 3rd down play where the receiver came back was clearly out of bounds.

Totally agree on both counts. That 3rd down play where the receiver came back was clearly out of bounds.
    Yes, and the next pass looked bobbled.

Florida wins a soul-crusher over Utah. Can't say I'm unhappy about it, lol.

The SEC might be ok at this whole football thing.

Every single team in the conference won their opening game, including 11 wins by 20+ points. Georgia just manhandled the #11 team in the land while Florida beat the #7 team. 8 SEC opponents scored 10 or fewer points.

Yup, this might be a decent league.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Didn’t see this thread already so here it is!

I was surprised to see no discussion about the CFP expanding to 12 teams by 2026. Very curious how that impacts all the conference movement.
    Kiss any chance of ND joining the ACC goodbye. No benefit of conference affiliation to them with the expanded playoff

Quote Originally Posted by duke09hms View Post
    Kiss any chance of ND joining the ACC goodbye. No benefit of conference affiliation to them with the expanded playoff
    But neither will they join another conference. And I think they like the ACC wrt every other sport.

Quote Originally Posted by rsvman View Post
    Florida wins a soul-crusher over Utah. Can't say I'm unhappy about it, lol.
    I just got home from that game. It would have been a soul-crusher for whichever team ended up losing. Both offenses were immensely entertaining, as they traded magnificent drives that passed the lead back and forth all night. It appeared for all the world that the team having the final possession would win; and Utah was poised to deliver the death blow in the closing seconds when their quarterback -- who had been magnificent throughout the game -- made his one mistake, allowing the Gator defense to get the turnover and celebrate its second goal-line stop of the game to seal the victory. I expected it to be a good game; but I didn't expect it to be one of the best I've seen at the Swamp in the past decade.

Will go out on a limb and say Georgia and Bama will be in the final four (college football playoff) this year .