Thread: Rings of Power

Rings of Power

I didn’t see a thread on this anywhere so let’s have at it. Watched the first episode and I thought it was a pretty good setup for what’s to come.

I will watch it later today after mu 1st movie .
    I'm watching top gun maverick for the 12th
    Time at wife's expense .

If the activity on this thread is any indication, Amazon will lose a ton of money on this series.

Quote Originally Posted by acdevil View Post
    If the activity on this thread is any indication, Amazon will lose a ton of money on this series.
    I do plan on watching it but if I had to force rank my interest in big league epic TV fantasy series right now, it would be:

1. House of the Dragon
    2. Ring of Power
    3. Wheel of Time

Quote Originally Posted by acdevil View Post
    I did watch it yesterday, thought it was ok. Enjoyed realizing who the old man was, most of the rest was just ok. I could see it getting good, but if I were debating canceling Prime these first two episodes would not have deterred me.

If they don't work Tom Bombadil into an episode this whole thing will have been a waste.

Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    I did watch it yesterday, thought it was ok. Enjoyed realizing who the old man was, most of the rest was just ok. I could see it getting good, but if I were debating canceling Prime these first two episodes would not have deterred me.

If they don't work Tom Bombadil into an episode this whole thing will have been a waste.
    I would describe myself as a middling but not devoted LOTR fan - read the Hobbit and the main trilogy as a kid and very much enjoyed the Peter Jackson LOTR movies (but not the Hobbit movies), but have not read beyond that into the more complete “history” works Tolkien wrote and probably haven’t revisited any Tolkien material in the last decade. I thought the first two episodes were … fine. I mostly liked Galadriel (but very few of the other elves), enjoyed the dwarves, was lukewarm on the Harfoots, and didn’t really at all get into whatever was going on in the town of humans watched by the other elf. But so far it’s a lot of table setting and lots of characters to keep track of without much payoff so far. I’m hopeful (but not confident) it’ll get better.
    Just be you. You is enough. - K, 4/5/10, 0:13.8 to play, 60-59 Duke.

You're all jealous hypocrites. - Titus on Laettner

You see those guys? Animals. They're animals. - SIU Coach Chris Lowery, on Duke

Quote Originally Posted by pfrduke View Post
    But so far it’s a lot of table setting and lots of characters to keep track of without much payoff so far. I’m hopeful (but not confident) it’ll get better.
    i've enjoyed it, but not enough to recommend it to friends and family. Slow going so far.

Watched the first 2 episodes and enjoyed. Huge Tolkien fan and read all of his books, not just Hobbit, Lord of the Rings.